Coldfront Ballista exploit?

• You know that new map ColdFront? Yeah? Do you know that part where Agatha needs to defend the gates and where the Masons have a tower they can push to the castle walls?

Well Masons also have ballista’s they can use, and apparently you can use them to shoot at the gates from afar to destroy the gate.

Is this design intented? Since its kinda lame. Instead of the Masons who attack the castle, the Agathas need to attack those ballista’s instead while blocking the tower. Almost like the roles where reversed at that objective.

• Those mason ballistas are there specifically to help destroy the gate.

• In the name of logic, I declare this thread dead. Also the OP’s post gave me cancer.

• E X P L O I T

• @Huggles:

In the name of logic, I declare this thread dead. Also the OP’s post gave me cancer.

For the sake of your reputation (if you have one), shut the hell up if you don’t have anything of value to say. Thx

• @dooder39:

For the sake of your reputation (if you have one), shut the hell up if you don’t have anything of value to say. Thx

noobs be salty

• I now claim this threat for myself and change the subject:
    Mason can use leftover ballistae on the walls to instakill the king. Quite hilarious but maybe too powerful. What do you think, fair or not?

• @dudeface:

Those mason ballistas are there specifically to help destroy the gate.

Kinda a design flaw then if you ask me. It kinda makes the pots with hot oil on the wall and the mechanic above the gate rather useless since Masons would be better off to use the ballistas…

• @Martys:

I now claim this threat for myself and change the subject:
    Mason can use leftover ballistae on the walls to instakill the king. Quite hilarious but maybe too powerful. What do you think, fair or not?

Sorry you don’t have a ballista to kill this king and take over this topic.

Anyway, its ridiculous that it insta-kills the king. Bet it would be hilarious to see tough.

• @dooder39:

Sorry you don’t have a ballista to kill this king and take over this topic.

Anyway, its ridiculous that it insta-kills the king. Bet it would be hilarious to see tough.

It’s ridiculous a huge fucking spear that goes 100mph can 1 shot a king.

+1 casual plebs

I’m joking btw, lmao. Your thread was ridiculous but no one here is antagonizing you we all make dumb posts once in a while.

• @dooder39:

Yes M’Lord, this topic is yours. I submit

I managed to do it once, there’s that little extra tower next to the gatehouse that has ballistae pointing in all directions, I didn’t even know it was there until someone shot my teammate right in front of me with it. So I found my way up and butchered that swine and then hopped on the ballista and waited. It’s hard to tell where the king is because the marker seems to actually point bellow him at larger distances, but at one point I just fired in one of the hallways and suddenly insta-win.

The other time the king was making his way through the gatehouse so I climbed the siege tower and found one intact ballista at the walls. I grabbed it but couldn’t turn it around in time…. welll I could but the lag made it fire so off-course it missed horribly and the king destroyed it with a single strike… but I was so close

• You made a false quote :O

• Anyway, its ridiculous that it insta-kills the king. Bet it would be hilarious to see tough.

Myself and my team were having an Epic King run in Coldfront, we battled our way forward about to run past Mason spawn and to victory, the team was holding together well, support from all sides with little damage. The masons coming at as 1-3 at a time and easily dispatched.

“Victory Lads, I see it!” …… SPPLUURRKK. A balista bolt went through my chest and ended what would have been a sweet, sweet victory. As a King, I was glad to go out in such a way, better than a scrubs random sword.

• @dooder39:

Kinda a design flaw then if you ask me. It kinda makes the pots with hot oil on the wall and the mechanic above the gate rather useless since Masons would be better off to use the ballistas…

Agatha has 5 ballistas of their own… put them to good use. You can also go out and wreck the mason ballistas. It’s very effective.

• @dudeface:

Agatha has 5 ballistas of their own… put them to good use. You can also go out and wreck the mason ballistas. It’s very effective.

You can destroy the ballistas?!?!

• Once they get destroyed they don’t come back. At least with the gate ones, I am sure but not 100% positive the 2 mason ones are also like this.

• @Huggles:

we all make dumb posts once in a while.

Only you did it already twice in the same topic! And to make it even better: Both your post didn’t had anything of value! Gratz!!

@Albatross8:

Once they get destroyed they don’t come back. At least with the gate ones, I am sure but not 100% positive the 2 mason ones are also like this.

Guess that makes the battle less one sided if they don’t respawn.

/thread?

• Either the mason ones don’t come back or they just take quite a long time. The agatha ones respawn don’t they?

• @dooder39:

Only you did it already twice in the same topic! And to make it even better: Both your post didn’t had anything of value! Gratz!!

Guess that makes the battle less one sided if they don’t respawn.

/thread?

Not as horrible as the thread being a dumb post altogether.

• The thing that really grates: if you do go out to destroy the enemies ballista you end up getting shot by your own due in part to the harsh lighting making everything out in the field appear black. A catapult inside the castle would be nice.

The other thing: shooting catapult crew with the ballista seems more luck than judgement, much harder than hitting ballista operators anyway. Wonder if there might be something up with the hitboxes there.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.