State of MAA?

• Hey,
    I have a little under 100hrs on MW,but i took a break 5 months ago.I came back yesterday and noticed that the game has had some pretty serious patches.
    So, if you more up-to-date players can answer theese questions-That’d be great.

What is the state of MaA currently?
    What is the go-to loadout for him.

Thx.

• holy water sprinkler
    stab
    win
    if you wanna be cruel then feint

• MAA is very powerful when you get it right. I prefer Norse sword or any of the axe line. Broadsword stab is a bit bugged so it is unfair. Also a lot of the newer MAA dodge spam all around, but I’d advise you don’t do that and learn to fight/evade without dodging, and THEN incorporate it only as an “oh sh!t” button.
    Qstaff is good as well but it is a bit weird to get used to.

~1000 hours as MAA

• Thx for the input. And should i take a shield? Im not a fan of it, so i used to take fire pots.

• Mod

MAA’s are annoying little shit stains.

• Well, in pubs you can use any weapon and do well with it. But in comp play it’s pretty much just Broadsword and Holy Water, at least over in NA.

Like what Odeken said, the downfall of a lot of MAA is that they dodge too many times and they get stam-drained very quickly. Learn to fight and maneuver without dodge, and then only use it when you know it will give you a beneficial position/save you from an attack.

• I enjoy whenever I meet an archer who is trying to shoot me. I strap my shield to my back and then start dashing backwards towards him. It’s fun

• Never use shield as MAA, never ever ever. I always HAVE one, but it is on my back for archers. I only pull out my shield when going for an archer to close the distance.

• um broadsword stab is all you need

• @Flippy:

Well, in pubs you can use any weapon and do well with it. But in comp play it’s pretty much just Broadsword and Holy Water, at least over in NA.

Like what Odeken said, the downfall of a lot of MAA is that they dodge too many times and they get stam-drained very quickly. Learn to fight and maneuver without dodge, and then only use it when you know it will give you a beneficial position/save you from an attack.

You forgot morningstar if you want to be anti-vanguard. It’s not bad against knights either.

• only broadsword, everything else is poop

• Quarterstaff or choose another class. Why wouldn’t you want to win with only a stick?

• Mod

@Toll:

Quarterstaff or choose another class. Why wouldn’t you want to win with only a stick?

This guy gets it. There’s nothing more embarrassing than being beaten to death by a double sided dildo. I suppose pebbles are almost as embarrassing though. I don’t really use the class much, but I used norse for a bit and did well, and then someone mentioned norse sword was OP and that’s why everyone uses broadsword. Then I used broadsword and broadsword was easier again. Then I realised MAA is in a league of it’s own and just didn’t feel fun to play. They also aren’t fun to fight against. The only time I like them is when they’re beaten and bloody at the bottom of my boots.

• @Tyoson:

This guy gets it. There’s nothing more embarrassing than being beaten to death by a double sided dildo. I suppose pebbles are almost as embarrassing though. I don’t really use the class much, but I used norse for a bit and did well, and then someone mentioned norse sword was OP and that’s why everyone uses broadsword. Then I used broadsword and broadsword was easier again. Then I realised MAA is in a league of it’s own and just didn’t feel fun to play. They also aren’t fun to fight against. The only time I like them is when they’re beaten and bloody at the bottom of my boots.

You’ve never seen pnobio play if you think losing to pebbles is embarrassing, if so your face will be read for weeks after 1v1ing him.

• Honestly, Quarterstaff is emerging as one of the more viable weapons of the MAA, even in comp. I recommend mastering the broadsword first, however. The broadsword has all the basic capabilities, without wildcard moves like the Qstaff. The Qstaff is extremely good for being super aggressive, more effective than a broad imo, but the broad is just a jack of all trades. You can use the broad in any situation and do well. Also, mastering the broad basically allows you to do well with every other MAA weapon right off the bat, with the main exceptions being the morning star/flanged mace/dane axe/hatchet/war axe.

The main downside to getting used to the broad is the fact that it’s so stab-opening dependent, so trying maces/axes which have weak stabs will be tough. After 1200 hours with a broadsword you tend to realize that you are almost always habitually stabbing, and overheading for finishing off or combing… Qstaff will be a better time though, its stabs are crazy fast and long, and its overheads are angled.

~1667+ hours, actively playing MAA competitively

• @JimmyTryhard:

Honestly, Quarterstaff is emerging as one of the more viable weapons of the MAA, even in comp. I recommend mastering the broadsword first, however. The broadsword has all the basic capabilities, without wildcard moves like the Qstaff. The Qstaff is extremely good for being super aggressive, more effective than a broad imo, but the broad is just a jack of all trades. You can use the broad in any situation and do well. Also, mastering the broad basically allows you to do well with every other MAA weapon right off the bat, with the main exceptions being the morning star/flanged mace/dane axe/hatchet/war axe.

The main downside to getting used to the broad is the fact that it’s so stab-opening dependent, so trying maces/axes which have weak stabs will be tough. After 1200 hours with a broadsword you tend to realize that you are almost always habitually stabbing, and overheading for finishing off or combing… Qstaff will be a better time though, its stabs are crazy fast and long, and its overheads are angled.

~1667+ hours, actively playing MAA competitively

Only player in comp atm that uses QStaff, claims superiority with less than 200 hours using it. :L sorry to ruffle your feathers jimmy but you haven’t played with that particular weapon long enough.

• He might only have 200 hours on QStaff but still his experience is good enough for this thread lol. I agree with the broadsword being good starting weapon for MAA but now I only use norse or axe line.

• War Axe all day, buckler if 1337

• Honestly, Quarterstaff is emerging as one of the more viable weapons of the MAA, even in comp

Da fucque? You’re the only MAA who’s even touched it. The only other person who ever used it was Nova and he hasn’t played comp in months.

• @H:

War Axe all day, buckler if 1337

War Axe Heater shield alt swing

come at me bro!