Shield push??

• I was wondering if you have thought about introducing the abillity of pushing people away with your shield? It would be an awesome feature and as a matter of fact pushing the enemys with your shield were also a really common thing during the medieval period:) it might add a bit more exitement to the game if you can actually give the enemy some pushes with your shield and then combine that with the different type of attacks:) im not talking about a shield push like in AoC where the other person goes flying:p if you take a look at Mount and Blade Warband you will quickly find the kick usefull against shield whoring people:p so i was wondering if you guys like this idea or not?;) or maybe you are already working on it :p???

• Yes this would be very cool indeed.

the kick in mnb is something that really breaks the staticness of the combat.

• This will be in the game along with “parryshoves” that you can perform while parrying.

• Thor, true Norsemen doesn’t overuse smileys! Cease it!

Anyways, how about a kick as well as a shield and parryshove/push? If that can be implemented, that is.

• The more moves the better in my opinion, as long as you can’t spam the same one over and over…

• Yeah, a kick sounds good. It can be done in source, see Dark Messiah for example, so there no reason why it couldn’t be doen in the UDK as it is a far more technologically advanced system.

• Developer

The kick is only done in single player in DM because you never have to see third person. There are many difficulties with getting a kick to work in a game like this, but we are considering it. We want to really bring the physical element of medieval combat into play more in the new game with the aim to diversify the combat tactics used in-game.

• Well, I could live without a kick, as long as the shield push and this parryshoves are well made.

And as someone said it would be annoying to be spammable, but ofc it will consume stamina I bet.

• You will keep stamina, right?
    Wearing out the enemy is always fun.

• You mean a fully animated shield push right? and then the enemy stumbles back a bit? Kind of like pushing a hunter in left 4 dead for example?

• Developer

@Ironclaw:

You mean a fully animated shield push right? and then the enemy stumbles back a bit? Kind of like pushing a hunter in left 4 dead for example?

Yes.

• @TheRed:

You will keep stamina, right?
    Wearing out the enemy is always fun.

Obviously Stamina is being removed for the new Mana system to better accommodate the introduction of Spellblades, Spellbows, and Ninja Wizards.

• Will there be Ninja turtles as well? :lol:

• keep it on topic… and I don’t think they will remove stamina, it’s a vital game mechanic.

• Is anyone still here?

• Not anymore, this topic is 3 years old.