BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 27

• Just get rid of bring flinched from a projectile in all states, it should only flinch in windup. It is incredibly frustrating to be flinched out of your release by a projectile that doesn’t kill you but stops you hitting the guy you would have killed and being killed by him. So frustrating.

• @Toll:

Just get rid of bring flinched from a projectile in all states, it should only flinch in windup. It is incredibly frustrating to be flinched out of your release by a projectile that doesn’t kill you but stops you hitting the guy you would have killed and being killed by him. So frustrating.

No, archers need to be nerfed more than that.
    It really isn’t fun when you’re running along and PLOP. You’ve been shot by an archer 2 miles away and now you have to hide behind a rock for 5 minutes to regenerate your health. Rinse and repeat.
    Javalins need to be harder to aim but easier to block with buckler shield after throwing. A paraplegic using a tongue mouse could throw a javalin and hit somebody without any difficulty. Same with all the archer ranged weapons really.
    Light crossbow is the worst offender, the amount of damage it does and how fast it reloads is a joke. That is why you see people all over the forums joking about it. Because it is a joke at the moment.
    Shortsword stab riposte can be unparyable as well as broadsword and even longsword if you look down with it.
    I’d like to test a beta where arrows couldn’t flinch, I’m not 100% on it yet but I’d like to test it and see what it would be like.
    Ranged damage from arrows should be nerfed altogether on anything but headshots I think. If you can land a headshot fair play, but otherwise a shot to the body should not completely immobilize you from combat and force you to sit it out until you’ve got enough health to not be kicked to death.
    Just my 2 cents.

• This patch is made I thought they wanted your feedback about it here? If you have ideas for the next patch
    start a thread Ideas for next patch and TB can look at that. All this clutter gets you now were its no wonder
    TB can’t make heads or tails of it. Try to be organised keel bots in a proper thread explain your reason for
    suggestions in the next patch.

• @loin:

This patch is made I thought they wanted your feedback about it here? If you have ideas for the next patch
    start a thread Ideas for next patch and TB can look at that. All this clutter gets you now were its no wonder
    TB can’t make heads or tails of it. Try to be organised keel bots in a proper thread explain your reason for
    suggestions in the next patch.

There are multiple threads for all the balance changes suggested here, but since DaGGyzo asked us to be more specific, that can only mean they don’t read the other threads.

• @DaGGyzo:

• Made spectral echo ghostly again

Best patch.

• Hey TB, since you’ve been fixing maps, can you take a look at Chivalry’s tutorial?

I mean, the core mechanics of the game (swing manipulation) isn’t spoken in the tutorial a single time. There is a lot of new players tottaly clueless on how to play this game. People get amazed when they find out about drags.

Your game has a deep combat sistem, but a lot of people play the game and doens’t know it, lol. So, can you help the noobs in this? Just a single line man, tell them about negative sens, show them you can make a 360 slash if you do it right and that this mechanic is used to accelerate or delay attacks.

Do you guys plan fixing this?

• Gud patch.

• @Sophax:

Issue: You get punished for trying to read multiple feints. If you read one feint your opponent can throw in another one and another one untill you fall for one. This tactic is especially annoying when you are on low health and your opponent is too. Its too easily done imo and promotes gambling.

Solution: Multiple feints in a row should get punished by a higher stamina cost and/or a slight delay before he can attack again.

For example he would pay the price of 2.25 times the stamina of one feint if he would do 2 feints in a row.

Great idea only the multiplier could be a little less extreme. something like a 25% increase in stamina cost per feint. for it to activate youll have to feint again in a certain time window like 0.5 seconds.

• Hey, my I have your attention, please. My post is actually on topic of the performance.

Unfortunately, massive performance drop on Coldfront still persists.

I recorded a video showcasing the FPS drop here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVaGx3-epw
    NVidia hardware encoder is used to record the video so the recording itself has no impact on performance.

As you see, FPS drops from 120 to 60 once I add one bot and the game starts. I believe what is responsible for the FPS drop is all those Mason bots that run from the ships to do exactly nothing but consume CPU cycles. Later part of the video shows further performance drop when I add 7 more bots, and then a comparison of what happens in Darkforest when I do the same. Please also notice that looking straight at the ground doesn’t improve performance at all.

Now imagine what happens when there are 32 players on the server. FPS go as low as 20 at times. Does the game resolve any mutual calculations between each actor in the game during each pass of the main loop? Like check if A collides with B, C, D, E, then check if B collides with A, C, D, E, and so on? That would explain why each player or player-like actor causes higher and higher CPU usage? Perhaps actors are stored in a tree-like structure that is slow to iterate while they should be on a linked list?

Also, WTF is up with that “Agathian Bot”? He also appears in servers at random.

• Lol I’ve seen Agathian Bot in a recent game once. I’ve just assumed it was a player called that.

• its a peasant that spawns on darkforest sometimes

i have a feeling someone dragged a bot spawn in the editor by accident and forgot to delete it when fixing up darkforest

• There should be a fix for the votekick box disappearing after you vote. Would give people more time to read their TK damage, idle time, ping, etc and change their vote.

• i think it should disappear but only after a few seconds

• @zombojoe:

i think it should disappear but only after a few seconds

That sounds fair, or at least make it reappear if you vote again.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

He wants less stamina on miss so he can do more reverse overheads without penalty.

Fix charge please, it’s inconsistent. Just revert it to pre"buff" state or completely remove it. That’s no brainer, I bet like 90% ppl on the forums know how bullshit charge attacks are. There is even a poll somewhere and dozen of threads.

No, that’s not what I want. I’m sure we all want the stamina increased/optimised but not as one-dimensionally that. Stamina should be something that is more dynamic; 90% of the combat in this game causes you to lose stamina except for walking around doing nothing. A successful counterattack, for example, should dynamically increase stamina since the momentum gained in the riposte and hitting the target can be considered energy that has been successfully and efficiently used, instead of it missing and being directed at thin air. By that, I mean if the counter attack misses, then losing stamina would make sense since you lose momentum and therefore energy (stamina.)

TL;DR - More things should be added in this game that increase stamina. Too many things deplete it; stamina should be something you can actively accumulate instead of passively waiting on it slowly increasing again.

• @Sophax:

Walter just wants more stamina so he can miss more while trying to do drags and b0ckswings.

Daggyzo about stamina: I think there are enough recent topics about stamina and polls to get your feedback from. The general consensus is that the game could use a slightly bigger stamina pool, lets say 15% or 20% bigger.

In my opinion the game could get a 25% bigger pool but misses and feints would cost 15% more aswel so that people still get punished for missing and feinting too much.

The bigger pool would benefit defensive playstyles and reduce the effect of the stamina drain that you get from weapons like the maul that are pretty uneccesary.

Lol.

Walter - “Criticised for presumably wanting mo4r staminuh to do backswings”

Sophax - “Uses forum posts and ‘general consensus’ to justify and indirectly ask for the exact same buff.”

Lol again.

• Can we get a fix for the CFtP + riposte alt swing bug?

• @Chimpanzer:

Can we get a fix for the CFtP + riposte alt swing bug?

explain pls

• @zombojoe:

explain pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aicU4-HvOU

I reported this during the beta of a patch along time ago, no idea why TB didnt fix it back then, and when I recently started playing abit again after a break I instantly discovered that its STILL in the game… Wtf?

• oh that, its confusing as fuck when it happens, which is often for me