Assassination Objective. King keeps spawning after death.

• I’m not sure if I am just derping out on this one or not but I am trying to make the game objectives progress once the town captain (king objective) dies.
    And while the objectives do continue afterwards. The town captain continues to spawn and cannot change team or class etc.

I understand that the king objective was designed to be used at the end of a game, but I am wondering if maybe I am just missing something to stop him spawning after death.

I am thinking what I will need to do instead is to make it so that when a player logs in, it adds him to an object list, and a player will randomly be selected from that list to spawn as the town captain, but I can envision more problems occurring by doing this as well.

Does anybody know of a way to make sure that once the King is dead, he can never spawn again, and the player who was the king can go back to being whatever class or team he wants?
    Because either i’m just having a really stupid moment, or there is actually no way to do this currently without a bunch of kismet work.

EDIT:

I must add that I AM trying to test this in the editor with bots, however I spawn as Agatha so it makes me the Captain, but still continues to spawn me as King after death. I am not sure if it will behave differently online with other players however. Maybe I just need to wait until I can test the new version of my map online.

• I have no idea but if Assassination Objective wont work, you could make your own:
    let all players respawn. let one run through a trigger and change his pawn, health, weapon and put an “captain” hud above him. After death he will respawn normal, because now the “captain’s” startspawn is deactivated.

• @KingJoff:

I have no idea but if Assassination Objective wont work, you could make your own:
    let all players respawn. let one run through a trigger and change his pawn, health, weapon and put an “captain” hud above him. After death he will respawn normal, because now the “captain’s” startspawn is deactivated.

That is the only way I can really think to do it, that is how I have it set up now. It does get rid of the ability for players to choose if they want to be captain though, but I think that minor sacrifice is far better than a player being majorly inconvenienced :P
    I was also going to see if I can make it so the player with the highest score would spawn/teleport at the Captain spawn location.

• Good good.
    I think a random captain could be fun as long as the player knows he should survive and not press f10 ^^

• @KingJoff:

Good good.
    I think a random captain could be fun as long as the player knows he should survive and not press f10 ^^

Hahaha, yeah, that would be rather annoying, I think if I were to write new scripts for this game, there would be plenty to make map making easier and to give some more variety of objectives.