Newest m&b2 screenies

• It looks like a game.

• @dudeface:

It looks like a game.

Indeed it does.

• I suppose we should consider that a good thing.

• Dayumn, very nice.

• Some of them screens remind me of assassins creed.

• I want that game so badly. Loin you still didn’t give me Day z buts that Kewl you can give me Bannerlord instead.

• Great, the sooner it gets out. the sooner I can forget about this game.

I really enjoyed Mount & Blade Warband

• looks good but if its the same combat system then its trash basically, but still fun for 300 hours or so i guess, especially singleplayer

• @wildwulfy:

Great, the sooner it gets out. the sooner I can forget about this game.

I really enjoyed Mount & Blade Warband

Same here single player aswel as multiplayer. Its my 2nd most played game with 1k hours.

It realy does look amazing. I’m anxious to see what they’re going to do with the game mechanics. One things sure, there will be TONS OF MODS :D

• @CRUSHED:

looks good but if its the same combat system then its trash basically, but still fun for 300 hours or so i guess, especially singleplayer

What are you saying? The combat system in Mount & Blade is pretty advanced already, though what the campaign could need is a heavy AI improvement, even 149% difficulty is kinda easy when they just go straight forward and attack. (I played a mod once that really improved the gameplay and fights, but took too long to load the world map)

And MB multiplayer is also quite interesting with the melee system they have.

Why is it trash?

but yeah, most of my hours in the game have been on the singleplayer too, that’s the best part about MB, online play is just icing on the cake.

• too low skill ceiling to keep it short

• @CRUSHED:

too low skill ceiling to keep it short

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkjvjhlg14 <–- This guy will prove you false, the skill ceiling is pretty high, but not that high. but when you go into professional dueling, you will have to rely on a lot of factors, I mean. Chamber block, movement, body blocking the weapon, accuracy with powerful swings, chamber block, feinting, pressuring and ect.

I think Sophax will also agree that the skill ceiling is pretty high. Higher than Chivalry atleast.

• @wildwulfy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEkjvjhlg14 <–- This guy will prove you false, the skill ceiling is pretty high, but not that high.

Amazing. That looks even more retarded than chivalry dueling.

• sorry wolfy but you are clueless, me and sophax both are very good at the game and we both agree the skill ceiling isnt that high (atleast last time i spoke to him about the matter)

the only thing that makes warband “hard” for new players are the disgustingly bad controls, if you could manually bind your attacks and parry apart from mouse it would become alot easier

if you can block everything and land kicks consistently not even the best players can beat you consistently because kick gives you a free hit everytime, its just so fucking easy lol, people think blocking in warband is hard i just chuckle everytime

chamber is the only thing that makes the melee skill ceiling a bit high, but chivalrys skill ceiling is definetly higher no doubt, also im always up for duels on ludus

i even still have contact with some of the best players (few german ones)

also i love going on warband duel servers and make people literally rage caps mode just because of backpedal and good spam haha

• The skill ceiling isn’t the problem but the fact that there is too much emphasis on the mechanical sides of combat. If I parry and back peddle there is no way you can ever get a hit in since I can just parry every feint you throw at me.

The mind games are limited to pretty much parrying until you catch the feint rythm of your opponent and instead of parrying you attack. Which kinda is a guess.

A stamina system would be an improvement since that forces players to efficiently use their moves instead of spamming and hoping for a hit. That would increase the skill cap. Feinting would cost stamina, missing would too.

Ripostes would be a nice addition to keep you on your toes.

Parrying a hit would do chip damage to stamina so that you are forced to eventually fight back and can’t back peddle infintely.

• i would like to see them move on from the archaic parry/attack direction with mouse movement LOL

• the only thing that makes warband “hard” for new players are the disgustingly bad controls, if you could manually bind your attacks and parry apart from mouse it would become alot easier

^^^^lol this, joke games for joke players, this game really make me laugh lol, who the fuck can think about a combat system like this seriously, it’s so unnatural and on the top of that the guy who create the game was also like “and you know what i’m gonna make every attack able to one shot sometimes, yes thats brilliant, i’m a fookin genius” this game is really not meant for dueling, i could maybe pass the terrible control, camera and fov but all those random one shot in no armor duel, wtf seriously, it’s like having maul with dagger speed, gg.

+i also laugh at people who spend 3000h on this ahah.

• That game looks like…I can’t even describe how bad that looks.

• hey it looks like it was made in 2010 great improvement