Dodge cancels flinch

• This issue has been brought to light before, but I don’t think the devs quite understood.

http://youtu.be/5n1KJGHWAT0

Dodging immediately after being flinched will remove the flinched state and let you attack faster than you otherwise would’ve been able to - fast enough to interrupt combos, even.

Steps to reproduce:

Person A attacks.
    Person B allows themselves to be hit and dodges immediately when the strike lands.
    Person B is then able to queue an attack faster than flinch time would otherwise allow.

• Yes please fix this.

• yep, and switch weapon flinch

• fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it, fix it.

• They know about it, they just can’t fix it without removing ability to dodge during flinch for maas.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

They know about it, they just can’t fix it without removing ability to dodge during flinch for maas.

I think they would have to make another “dodge” state that activates if a player dodges during flinch that doesn’t allow them to attack based on what % of the flinch timer they activated the dodge. Don’t ask me though, I’m just feeling a bit funny atm.

• That’s bullshit. It might take a some work/code refactoring but you just need to have separate simultaneous states for flinch and dodge which don’t impact each other. Or, if you can only have one state because of UDK limitations or whatever, just implement a “dodge_and_flinched” state.

• maa dodge in slow mo sounds soooooo funny

also is it cool that they can dodge out of missed parry instantly too? are we all cool with that? So if i feint a maa and he fails then he can dodge out of his fail before I hit? and of course come out with attack after the dodge. So his fuckup insta turns into my fuck up?

ok cool.

• @50ShadesofClay:

maa dodge in slow mo sounds soooooo funny

also is it cool that they can dodge out of missed parry instantly too? are we all cool with that? So if i feint a maa and he fails then he can dodge out of his fail before I hit? and of course come out with attack after the dodge. So his fuckup insta turns into my fuck up?

ok cool.

MAA can dodge during the parry, but not during the parry recovery.

• @Flippy:

They can’t dodge during feint to parry though, for some reason, even in the active parry part of it.

• @Flippy:

i always thought they could parry WHILE dodging, not parry and THEN dodge. apparently they can.

• @50ShadesofClay:

i always thought they could parry WHILE dodging, not parry and THEN dodge. apparently they can.

Wat.

This has been the case for a very long time.

• well for some reason i was under the impression that parry cancels other action until parry recovery is finished.