Some bs duels…

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgbNcvZFtA

I recorded myself dueling against some glitchers/exploiters on a duel server to prove that there’s an unmistakable problem with feinting, along with a lot of other shit you see in the video. And yes, I’ve tried to understand that this is a game made by people, so naturally, there’s going to be flaws. But it shouldn’t be this bad. There’s more flaws in this game than any other game I’ve played, and what annoys me the most is that everyone turns a blind eye to all of this.

Anyway, if you have any suggestions on how I could play less shit, let me hear them. But try not to be an asshole in your comment… even though that’s near impossible with this community. Whenever I’ve tried to ask for tips or help in game, I’m told to “stfu”. One time I even got kicked out for “whining too much” lol.

I’ve tried all kinds of things so far. Turned vsync back on, changed resolution, changed fov, changed sensitivity (you see me fiddling around with it in the video, yeah). Nothing seems to make any difference.

And no, I know having the right setup won’t make someone instantly better, but it would definitely help to know that I have all the settings right. Sometimes it just feels like something’s very badly off, you know? I look at videos of other people playing, and everything they do just looks/feels different from my game. There must be something really basic that I’m completely disregarding.

• No you’re just bad. No footwork, horrible range game, horrible timing( b0ckswing in his release?), you can’t feint(HUEE FEINTS OP), you can’t realy parry eitehr.

• Until you find settings you like (mouse speed, graphics quality etc etc etc) you’re not really going to improve. Just play with whatever feels most fluid. It can take some time to find the right settings for you, took me a little while. Sophax has also agreed to coach you, so add him on Steam.

• From the first few duels you fought i would say, that you need to work on defending against drags and better aiming your parry at enemy’s weapon (also less panic/keep calm, keep your distance, crouchparry helps). Just a friendly advice.

• I see lots of panic parrying.

There are no ‘magic’ settings either, they won’t make a difference until you find field of view, graphical fidelity and sensitivity settings that you are comfortable using on a daily basis.

• “Top 20 or 30”

Edit: I’m sorry, that was unnecessary. Your only real mistake is blaming the game where there’s room for you to improve, and that’s nothing you do by tweaking settings.

• That moment when he tries to feint for first time and get punished big time, my fucking sides
    or that fucking panic parry from headbob TWICE in a row lmao
    or that part when he gets backswinged by poleaxe three times in a row, what is footwork

• The game looks normal lol, you simply have no idea about what you’re doing lol, at this point i don’t even think it’s about skill, being good or bad, it’s about knowing how to react vs some situation but you clearly have no clue about what to do, shit man, it’s gonna take time if you want to improve lol.

• Yeah I may agree with a couple things you said, but not for the same reasons you said them. You have a LOT of work to do before you become decent at this game. You paniced and blocked wrong directions and weren’t able to fight like normal. At rank 44 you should be able to do these basics by now. Just work on your gameplay and stop changing your settings, just get used to one setting. Watch people fight instead of getting angry and thinking there is a glitch, and learn from your mistakes. Just prepare to give it some time because you have a LOT of improving to do.

• I see lots of panic parrying and not much BS.

And quit messing with your mouse sensitivity. It’s definitely not the problem.

• I watched the whole video and there was a desync once, other than that no BS moments.

• You can try not to panic parry every time your opponent exhales, kek.

• What is your FPS ? I have about a 27-34 average FPS and I think it is partially responsible for me getting slaughtered.
    I needs to get that new vid card :{}

You can try not to panic parry every time your opponent exhales, kek.

I think I do the same thing a lot, I don’t remember doing this when I first started playing, it’s like I’m getting worse =/

• I actually commented before watching the whole video, after watching it I would like to revise my comment from you need a lot of improvement to you need a hell of a lot of improvement. You are acting like the problems you are having is some kinda mouse/graphical setting and you were killed by glitches. None of that fighting was glitchy or unfair, you just have absolutely no idea what you are doing. Why are you just standing so still, why are you parrying randomly when they dont even swing, why are you trying to block a windup, why are you trying to feint at horrible times. Seriously if you complain a bout feinting being OP, but can’t even land a feint, you should probably think about how hypocritical that is. I’d say get a new account, go to the rank 0-15 servers, and practice with people around your skill level until you learn timings and weapon lengths and how to move around, then try again. Also, try to stop feinting people who are IN WINDUP.

• 19:00 - Edmund: 14 / 400 dpi
    use this competitive monster european sensitivity / dpi if you want to git gud

• I strongly recommend setting ragdoll length to 250s (max value). That way, you will be able to save a lot of stamina by steering attacks into corpses.
    How do you think the pros get ahead?

• 90% of your deaths come from parrying in panic

• @Jetstream:

Until you find settings you like (mouse speed, graphics quality etc etc etc) you’re not really going to improve. Just play with whatever feels most fluid. It can take some time to find the right settings for you, took me a little while. Sophax has also agreed to coach you, so add him on Steam.

IN DA PAS DAT BIG CATASTER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XSeBLPU_s4&index=7&list=PL1D8E8A99716EF672

WHAT? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUH

• I’ve rewatched the video twice myself and I notice myself panic parrying a lot. As for better aiming my parry against the enemy’s weapon, I’m doing exactly that. I’m parrying in the direction where someone would logically look to parry the incoming attack, but since this game has kind of screwed up hitboxes, it doesn’t work half the time.

And what about when they drag their stabs behind my back? I’m sure there were a few of those in the video, and you saw me turn and try to parry it but it was too late by that point. How goddamn high should my sensitivity be to be able to parry that? You saw how ridiculously high my sensitivity was in the video. Anything higher than that and I can’t even run straight. I lowered it after this duel by the way, set it to around 30-ish.

I also turned on Mouse Smoothing in the settings. I read it’s the exact same as mouse acceleration and it’s generally considered ‘bad’ in gaming, but it actually makes aiming easier for me. Not sure if I should keep it on or not.

Also, I never claimed that the issue is ONLY with the game and if I found these “magic settings” I would be the bestest player there ever was. Sure, I’ve joked sometimes about being the best but jokes are jokes and I only have about 900 hours in the game. Some have less and they’re better, but I spent a good 400 hours on TH when I first started.

Anyways, thanks for the comments that gave actual feedback and tried to help. I’m surprised not everyone tried to be an asshole about it, but there’s always a few retards lol.

One last also; was that comment about Sophax agreeing to coach me a joke? lol, cus I don’t think he ever actually said that

@rumpelstiltskin:

19:00 - Edmund: 14 / 400 dpi
    use this competitive monster european sensitivity / dpi if you want to git gud

Joke? That would be way too slow lol.

@chivalryinterested:

What is your FPS ? I have about a 27-34 average FPS and I think it is partially responsible for me getting slaughtered.
    I needs to get that new vid card :{}

I have all on low so my frames are a stable 60 most of the time. With 30 or more players, I get around 30 to 40 frames.

• sophax coached me once and now im worst maa eu

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.