Is it just me?

• I dont know wtf is going on lately but the hit detection has gotten horrible as of late. I am ghosting overheads and stabs specially when behind. I am ghost swinging so bad that I simple just run out of stam or get caught in the perpetual flinch loop. This seems to have been going for about a week or so and driving me nuts. This is really bad when I have super low ping but now it is any ping.

It also seems that the animation stuttering in heavy combat is really become an issue. Dropping so much money on new hardware and the game still plays like shit at times…

At my wits end.

• Yep just you

• Just you. Haven’t heard of anybody else having any of these problems.

• Played few hours yesterday, everything seemed fine.

• Uhhh I’ve always thought animation stuttering was bad in large combat. If you mean like a dragged messer overhead from a 60 ish pinger on a 32p server. No hit detection issues though.

• No its not just you tbh. This game has been out of sync for ages. Until that ultimate patch comes along just a few
    hours a week is quite ok. I recommend Kyle xy. It looks very good and has 4 seasons (in sync btw)

• Global Moderator

Lol people have Been saying its bad for ages. Its remained the same. Bad.

• Game has always been inconsistant when pushed, but it seems you personally have an extra helping of crap on top of the inherent bullshit.

But the bullshit has remained the same as far as I’m concerned.

Recently the launcher has been bugging out and starts running two instances of Chivalry, but I think that’s some risidual trash coding from the free weekend. It’s not surprising and is to be expected. Check your processes after the application has actually quit. I found two Chivalrylauncher something or other still spooled up that I had to end.

• i think it’s ping man… most time this happens the person has a very low ping like in the 20’s and i might have 50’s-60’s and you’ll ghost because they’re not there anymore.

#multiplayftw

• It isn’t just you. The past few weeks I have had a few more swings than usual that just go right through my opponent. I’ve also had some where I block but it goes through the block and through me without damaging me. It seems like my weapon is made of air sometimes but it’s not that often.

• Nope it ain’t just you. I’m quite often experiencing the hologram combat thingy. But for me it’s been like that for a while now.

• You’re not alone. Quite alot of hits just don’t seem to connect so my sword just goes right through the head and torso, no matter if overheads or swings. Kinda weird and annoying. :s

• This isn’t related but it’s a new bug since the free weekend and only happens in MW, not in DW. When I play in a server, it remembers all my customization options, I’m still a dreadnaught knight in a peasant hat and everything, but I can’t open the customization menu and change anything because every time I try it says connecting to server for a minute, then says it can’t connect. All weekend I couldn’t access my customizations on either of my 2 computers, and I was gonna buy a maul skin too.

• Honestly, everyone here complaining is probably blaming the game for their lack of depth perception. Tracers rarely fail unless latency is too bad. Just look at Jon Knows’ post. Blaming the game for his bad playing. TBS can’t fix anything unless they can replicate it. So bitching is pointless, record a video or something.

Not invalidating your complaints completely, I’d just like to see proof.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Honestly, everyone here complaining is probably blaming the game for their lack of depth perception. Tracers rarely fail unless latency is too bad. Just look at Jon Knows’ post. Blaming the game for his bad playing. TBS can’t fix anything unless they can replicate it. So bitching is pointless, record a video or something.

Not invalidating your complaints completely, I’d just like to see proof.

I know I am not blaming lack of depth perception as one instance was with a vanguard’s claymore going straight through me when I was pushing up against him. My ping is always in the 20-50 range. While it doesn’t happen often enough for me to replicate and record it, it is definitely annoying letting the other guy have a free kill that he shouldn’t have gotten.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Honestly, everyone here complaining is probably blaming the game for their lack of depth perception.

At least he’s not blaming EU players for being based Gods of Chivalry.

• Well for me it has been this way since at least the free weekend when I got a 3gig download. IT seems really prevalent when I have around 20 ping or less. I am not sure how it can be depth perception since I have been playing since day 1.

I have been surrounded by the enemy and swing and not hit a single one, ghosting right through.

Another thing that has been driving me nuts is that my drag stabs are totally ghosting at the end. I do a beautiful drag stab into someones chest and nothing…. absolutely nothing. It seems really bad when chasing from behind as well.

I know some of this has always been in the game, on occasion but GD it seems to be happening far more frequently the last week or so.

Yesterday we were gauntleting a new recruit and while watching the duel I saw a slash go right through a player. shit everyone saw it and was like wtf?

I think Clay is right. It seems when you have really great ping, in the 20s or lower, everyone else is 30 points or higher in ping, they are not where they appear to be. That ping differential is a killer in this game where most games low ping have the advantage. How many times have you seen the winner of a round have the highest ping? Far too many.

I have been reading up on the lag compensation mechanic in UDK which is different from the source engine and I have been trying to find more information on the UDK netcode but real info is sparse. Same is true with INI network settings.

• AFAIK, Hit detection is client side, so ping should’t have a big impact. If you hit someone on your screen the hit should register. There are some issues with the first person tracers that could be causing ghost swings, though. Look here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19988-First-Person-Tracers

• I have been surrounded by the enemy and swing and not hit a single one, ghosting right through.

Actually this could just be an audio bug. Lately if I do a reverse and hit someone with it, sometimes it doesn’t make any noise but the attack does do damage.

• @Flippy:

Actually this could just be an audio bug. Lately if I do a reverse and hit someone with it, sometimes it doesn’t make any noise but the attack does do damage.

While I agree that that is a possibility, not only is there no sound but no animation for stun/blowback or blood splatter. So if your theory is correct then I am hitting them but not doing enough damage to even flinch them or blow them back.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.