1 hander weapon, stab stab stab = win.

• That’s such a skill-based game.

• Sometimes also “stab stab”, and less frequently “stab stab stab stab”.

• Muh dane axe stabs destroy faces.

• Its not just 1 handed weapons either, stabs are OP because of the tracers and in general the time compared to other attacks, for example I can read most weapon lmb into feint easy but not if its stab into feint, can be harder IMO….

• watch out for this pro

• Clearly you’ve never met hatchet+buckler combo. I still got the shivers.

• @Martys:

Clearly you’ve never met hatchet+buckler combo. I still got the shivers.

True french MAA setup

• Stabs clearly OP pls nerf. This guy knows what he’s talking about TB listen to all his balance advice.

• @Martys:

Clearly you’ve never met hatchet+buckler combo. I still got the shivers.

I fought someone who was using that before the handle hit nerf. I’m still sore down there.

• 1 hander with shield is pretty annoying.

Feint, stab, feint, feint, stab, stab, feint, stab.

• Oh noes not duh wun hand stabz!?!!! TO OP! LMB op too! LMB LMB WIN, THATS SOME SKILL BASED GAME HUHZ?

• This game needs alt stabs

From left to right.

• @Odeken:

Oh noes not duh wun hand stabz!?!!! TO OP! LMB op too! LMB LMB WIN, THATS SOME SKILL BASED GAME HUHZ?

LMBs are actually relatively easy to parry, unless they’re dragged to hell. As for stabs, well, sometimes it just looks like they go through your parry… at least for me. Same for overheads, tbh. I tried parrying an overhead when I saw it in wind up, but that wasn’t apparently fast enough? This was against a longsword btw. Essentially, it’s the same problem we had with handlehits. People pulling fasts with swords makes it so fast that you’d literally have to predict the hit before it happens, if you were to parry it.

• @Jon:

LMBs are actually relatively easy to parry, unless they’re dragged to hell. As for stabs, well, sometimes it just looks like they go through your parry… at least for me. Same for overheads, tbh. I tried parrying an overhead when I saw it in wind up, but that wasn’t apparently fast enough? This was against a longsword btw. Essentially, it’s the same problem we had with handlehits. People pulling fasts with swords makes it so fast that you’d literally have to predict the hit before it happens, if you were to parry it.

Parry detection is done on the attacker’s side: your player model has to be parrying on the opponent’s screen for the parry to register. Add latency to that and you can see why parrying can be so inconsistent. I think improving the parry detection should be the firts priority if they make a chivalry sequel.

• @Jon:

As for stabs, well, sometimes it just looks like they go through your parry… at least for me. Same for overheads, tbh. I tried parrying an overhead when I saw it in wind up.

You have to aim your parry more. With one-hander stab or normal overhead, what people usually do is run past you and stab/slash behind you. It’s not really apparent because of lag and poor animations. With stab you have to parry more to the left, more than you’d probably do normally. With overheads, aim to the right and up.

• I do think there is an issue with the actual stab ranges of some weapons. Some of the swords are longer than the pole arms when you include foot speed and that silly forward attack bonus for some classes/weapons. This along with the above mentioned issues with latency and the parry window issues that I have gone over many times can be very frustrating no doubt.

• @Jon:

• @The:

That’s such a skill-based game.

skill ……in a video game…http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130810184007/mlp/images/4/4a/Dolls_Laughing.gif