Technical question on direction change during release.

• does anyone know what % your max turn speed is slowed every time you change direction?

Is it just left + right, or all 4 directions?

• I believe you max turn speed is slowed down as you accelerate/decelerate in any direction. To change directions you are effectively moving twice the distance of an acceleration alone. i,e, you look left a certain distance, then recover that distance, then push out to your right, so it feels like you are getting slowed down more.
    The trick is to move left/right during windup to give a hopefully false impression of which side you are attacking, leaving your drag to minimal direction changes.

• It’s not percentage based. There is simply a cap at what maximum speed you can turn. The cap differs for horizontal and vertical speed. Different weapons have different caps.

• He’s asking how much an attack is slowed down when an attack changes direction in release. E.g your stab makes it into release while aimed directly at the opponent. You move your stab to the left, but then change your direction to the right. This causes your drag cap to intensify, and it happens every time you change direction. I don’t know by how much, but I do believe it also happens when you go up and down, and it’s linked to the original drag cap of the weapon.

• Pretty sure the speed reduction increases to the cap with any movement, changing direction is irrelevant.

• @Toll:

Pretty sure the speed reduction increases to the cap with any movement, changing direction is irrelevant.

This has already been tested. Turning faster does not do anything to slow you down, the speed is just capped. Every time you change directions, your turn speed cap gets slower and slower for that attack. You can test this yourself.

My question is by how much does it reduce each time you change directions. is it 10%? 20%? etc.

• What happens if you change direction by taking a circular approach?

• @Toll:

What happens if you change direction by taking a circular approach?

I’m not certain if up / down directional changes are taken to account.

Either way, it’s either left/right only, or left/right + up/down

If it were 4-way directional, then nobody would be able to turn their attack due to going slightly up or down during a single left-movement would stop your attack from moving at all.

• @Toll:

What happens if you change direction by taking a circular approach?

The lowered turn-rate is achieved almost immediately.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.