Feinting

• I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I genuinely think feints should go. It’s obvious that TBS added feints to this game to prevent the never ending parry fights, and I guess they thought that would be the player’s only worry.

But as we all know, there’s a lot of crazy moves in this game that we have to watch out for, and when you add feints on top of that, it cuts down all fights into retarded spam fights where it’s more about luck rather than skill.

Feinting is something everyone can do, and it doesn’t take any effort to do. Drags, spins and all this matrix shit and mind games however, it goes for “skill” in this game. A beginner won’t know how to do all that, but even a beginner can feint.

Alternatively, add some goddamn animation to feinting and make it more noticeable on faster weapons like the Thrusting Dagger. Right now feints are unreadable for the most part, as much as some like to think they know how to read feints, when really they can just predict a few.

(This is just a poll so I won’t even bother checking back for replies because I know there’s going to be a lot of flaming and disagreement.)

• shut up cunt

• You don’t know what you’re talking about because you are utterly horrible at the game and have no idea what you are doing or what is going on ingame.

• @Jon:

Feinting is something everyone can do, and it doesn’t take any effort to do. Drags, spins and all this matrix shit and mind games however, it goes for “skill” in this game. A beginner won’t know how to do all that, but even a beginner can feint.

mfw you tried to feint in your video and got smashed. HURRRRRRRRRRR HOW DO I PARRY

• Gets feinted by thrusting dagger…
    Mate, you know the reach on that tiny thing right? Easily countered.

Also, like Shard said you tend to do in a different thread, what will you resort to now when you can’t win a no-feint duel?

• @CRUSHED:

shut up cunt

no u

@Sophax:

You don’t know what you’re talking about because you are utterly horrible at the game and have no idea what you are doing or what is going on ingame.

If you think feinting is skill, then you should kill yourself. I don’t know what else to say.

@Rickvs:

Gets feinted by thrusting dagger…
    Also, like Shard said you tend to do in a different thread, what will you resort to now when you can’t win a no-feint duel?

I’ve won plenty feint duels against good players by feinting in return, and I’m not even that good of a player. Demonstrates perfectly how the game is literally feint-to-win.

• @Jon:

If you think feinting is skill, then you should kill yourself. I don’t know what else to say.

No need to get offensive Jon. I even wanted to help you on Chivalry to get better.

• @Jon:

I’ve won plenty feint duels against good players by feinting in return, and I’m not even that good of a player. Demonstrates perfectly how the game is literally feint-to-win.

Video or it didn’t happen

• Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else. There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead. In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit. I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

• @Sophax:

No need to get offensive Jon. I even wanted to help you on Chivalry to get better.

You didn’t help me, you just wanted to rek me. And then you said that my ping (84) was too high. That’s all the help I got.

@Karasu:

Video or it didn’t happen

You can refer to the video I posted where I feint Najo and win, at around 13:25 mark.

• @Jon:

You didn’t help me, you just wanted to rek me. And then you said that my ping (84) was too high. That’s all the help I got.

You can refer to the video I posted where I feint Najo and win.

Did you honestly expect anything but elitism?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpgbNcvZFtA
    ^ this is OP dueling

I thought it was gonna be the monkeys again.

• I don’t understand how some people are so bad in a game but still think they can discuss and ask for balance change, i would never do such things, know your place pls.

• I think he’s mad because I just owned him in an LTS server with a stab feint when he was low HP and killed him. What can I say Jon, you just need to get good mate. Sophax 3 pro 5 me. Teach me how to combo feint with stab into overhead like a pro sophax, pls.

• It’s always the really bad players complaining about feinting. If both parties are under 50 ping then feinting is no factor.

• @Jon:

I honestly wanted to help you. I even gave tips on where you should improve. I did no feint duels to you and gave feedback. If I wanted to rek you, I don’t even want to “rek” you because I felt sorry for you. You’re just a pebble on my road, why would I bother “rekking” you.

It says alot about yourself Jon when you mistake help for “rekking” en tell me to kill myself.

• Keep distance when you don’t have the initiative, don’t panic parry, instead parry as late as possible, don’t get scared by head bobs. If you fail to read a feint try to either run away from it, or if you have a faster weapon try to flinch them, even a hit trade is better than your opponent getting a free hit.

• @Jon:

no u

You should shut your fucking hole. Ugly little cunt. You look like a fucking ball sack. Ugly looking stupid cunt face. I could piss in any gutter and sow five of you. You know how much they pay me to kill a man at King’s Landing? Seven silvers. They told me a man’s name and that man never saw daylight again. None of them cocksuckers got away from me. I haven’t lost a fight since I was nine. MAYBE IT’S TIME? DO YOU THINK? EH? Maybe you’re the man. EH? CUNT? You wouldn’t stand a chance. None of you would. I was a fucking LEGEND in Gin Alley. The fucking LEGEND. I would take any knight, ANY knight, any time. Fucking cunts in steel plate fucking cowards.

• @gndo:

Keep distance when you don’t have the initiative, don’t panic parry, instead parry as late as possible, don’t get scared by head bobs. If you fail to read a feint try to either run away from it, or if you have a faster weapon try to flinch them, even a hit trade is better than your opponent getting a free hit.

Parrying as late as possible is too late 90% of the time. I have to parry when their weapon is in wind-up, otherwise it goes through my parry.