Ideas For a Balance Patch

• Now remembering that we will not do everything that is posted in this thread. This is your chance to, in detail, tell us what you would like to see in a balance patch.

***** STAY ON TOPIC*****

Any major deviation from the topic will equal closing the thread and figuring it out among ourselves in the studio. Also NO Wall of texts, keep it concise and in point form.

Thanks

Example format:

Issue: {Description of why it’s an issue}

Possible Solution: {Benefits}

• Issue: Ripostes. They’re too fast. SoW and LS ripostes are so fast the game doesn’t register my parries half the time.

Possible Solution: Make ripostes slower.

• Issue: Falchion damage, its too low, pretty much all onehanders outshine this weapon, it was nerfed for no reason, it was balanced and got nerfed

Possible Solution: Revert the damage nerfs (Damage back to swingblunt and raise swing/OH Damage)

• If the first attacking release frame connects with the hitbox, like the attacking starting inside so that it will hit as soon as it is past windup, then make it so that the attack stops the way it does in Mount and Blade if attacks don’t get time to build momentum.
    Cause right now with the bubble, you can pretty much start attacks inside the hitbox, giving the person you attack almost no time to react.

Also, please reduce the special daze down to 1.5… 1.5 was perfect, you could punish if you saw it coming, but if you hesitated, you lost the opportunity which is what it was about, now you can take a coffee break before hitting someone in daze.

• Issue: Listening to casual players about balance matters.

Possible Solution: Don’t listen to casual players when it comes to game balance. Lets take Falchion, you nerfed it even though main strength of that weapon came from alt slash speed and after you slowed down alt slash you still nerfed it on top of that.

• Issue: Archers are generally still perceived as too OP.

Possible Solution: Increased reloading/draw times, maybe fix that crossbow reload “blindness” can easily be prevented by looking up before reloading.

This topic is a great idea, btw.
    (Although it does make me fear slightly that you ignored some recent fully detailed balance topics.)

• @CRUSHED:

Issue: Falchion damage, its too low, pretty much all onehanders outshine this weapon, it was nerfed for no reason, it was balanced and got nerfed

Possible Solution: Revert the damage nerfs (Damage back to swingblunt and raise swing/OH Damage)

that. There is absolutely no reason to use falchion over any other knight secondary atm. Compared to ALL of them, it is TWO out of weaker/slower/shorter - and thats not good at all

Issue: Warhammer is generally underpowered (slow, short, doesnt even reliably two shot knights (the class it is meant to be best vs)

Possible Solution: More length or reliable two shot with torso double overhead to knight

–---------

Issue: Archer ranged damage is far too strong across the board. light crossbow is way too powerful for how ridiculously fast to reload it is and how fast its projectiles travel, javs are ridiculously powerful, and everything else does way too much damage for projectiles that are 100% accurate and fly fast. Archer does so much damage, but across a basically limitless range, that cannot reliably be defended. Its the gun in the knife fight.

Solution: Heavy nerf to the damage across the board, slowed projectile speeds for crossbows.

–---------

Issue: Greatsword OH way too fast and can be spammed repeatedly for interrupts, especially a problem with the current flinch time

Solution: slow the windup to prevent the, well basically they’re insta-hits

• @Jon:

Issue: Ripostes. They’re too fast. SoW and LS ripostes are so fast the game doesn’t register my parries half the time.

Possible Solution: Make ripostes slower.

Just like to add that ripostes are fine.

• @gndo:

Just like to add that ripostes are fine.

LS/SoW ripostes are definitely fine.

• Issue : double parry fest since handle hit fix, especially on slow weapon like pole axe, you can’t feint stab and then OH, the guy will always be able to double parry.

Possible solution : reduce feint cooldown for attacking after a feint i guess, for 2handers only.
    –---------

Issue : Stamina overall is to low, make the game more luck based and don’t reward good players.

Possible solution : Greatly raise stamina on blocking, + a little larger stamina pool to, the good thing would be to buff stamina on feint for cftp but shit some feint like sow are to strong lol, a bit larger pool but missed strke still need to be punished.

Those 2 could probably be fix by allowing an option for old camera / animations but not gonna happen i guess, might post more later.

• Guys, don’t attack each other… just voice your concerns. no one idea will be universally liked.

• @DaGGyzo:

Guys, don’t attack each other… just voice your concerns. no one idea will be universally liked.

No one is attacking anyone… yet. We’re just stating that we doesn’t share same opinion about LS/SoW counters.

• Issue: Archer Accuracy

Archers have pin point accuracy at all times with all projectile weapons, this causes problems with archers being able to be really mobile and still be perfectly accurate. Bunny hopping to avoid projectiles while shooting is a very common strategy due to no accuracy penalties like in a lot of FPS games.

Possible Solution: Bring Movement Accuracy Penalties

This is already implemented ingame but only works when you create a locally hosted game in the main menu, the values ingame seem to be reasonable.

• Issue: Stamina is too limiting in teamfights.

Solution: Increase stamina pool with 25% while increasing the stamina drain for misses and feints by 20%. The stamina increase is here not to promote or make spamming/missing attacks or feints more acceptable but to decrease the effect of parry drain and to help you fight multiple opponents without getting drained of your stamina. You currently have no chance of winning a 2 v 1 engagement because of the artifical stamina limiting cap. Imo if your oppoents make a mistake and you’re good enough to capitalize on that mistake you should be able to win the 1 v multiple engagement if you’re good enough.

–---------------

Issue: Fighting multiple opponents is too hard

Solution: Add back those parrying tracers during a counter attack. If you don’t know what I’m talking about Daggyzo you should ask Tibbs or Slygoat. Basically you could parry incoming attacks when you countered at the right time.

Issue: (Stab) feints are a tad too “effective” now the artificial bubble is removed.

Solution: Reduce the end feint window of stab feints by between 50ms-100ms.

MAA will be so much easier to deal with if they can’t stab feint me that easily anymore. I don’t care if they can dodge or backpeddle when I can read their stab feints.

–---------------

Issue: Flinch timer is so low it makes comboing with certain weapons like the zweihander impossible against 1 handers. It also promotes a gambling/hit trade tactic that isn’t fun or skillfull.

Solution: Increase the flinch timer to somewhere between 0.9s-1.2s

Issue: HWS is an ANTI FUN weapon because of the stab speed/windup and recovery times. You can spam your opponent to death with it and there is not much you can do about it except gamble your way out of it. Oh did I already say it flinches mid combo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AXaBundB2A Here’s a good video

It should be dealt with ASAP.

Solution:/ you know what to do if you’ve been on the receiving end of that weapon.

–---------------

Issue: The alternative attacks are not used at all. This is basically content not being properly used to its full potential.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18462-Expanding-upon-alternative-attacks

Solution: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18462-Expanding-upon-alternative-attacks

–---------------

Issue: Archers deal too much damage on torso/leg hits

Solution: 50% less damage on torso hits all over the board.

• Forgot to mention the Greatsword. Definitely nerf that thing. Thanks for the reminder Turd.

• What Edmund and Sophax said. Pleaserino

• Issue: Letting low ranks dictate what balances need to be applied.

Possible solution: Don’t listen to new players about balance changes.

––

Issue: It is annoying to try to join friends in full servers by repeatedly clicking the connect button and getting timed out.

Possible Solution: Add a queue to people joining the server saying “You are number 2 in line to join this server” or something of the sort.

Issue: It is very aggravating for those of us who have spent hundreds of hours learning a class to have constant changes to the way it plays and the weapons work. I understand things need to be balanced, and once every now and again is fine, but frequent changes to timings and animations of weapons are very frustrating.

Possible Solution: Take community votes (from people rank 40+) on upcoming weapon/mechanic changes and never change it unless it must be changed.

Issue: Javelins are a bit OP

Possible solution: swing dat nerf bat yo

• @Sophax:

Issue: The alternative attacks are not used at all. This is basically content not being properly used to its full potential.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18462-Expanding-upon-alternative-attacks

Solution: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18462-Expanding-upon-alternative-attacks

I disagree, I always see people use alt attacks. I personally use alt attacks probably 75% of the time compared to normal attacks.

• @Odeken:

I disagree, I always see people use alt attacks. I personally use alt attacks probably 75% of the time compared to normal attacks.

Lets agree on the fact that they can be incorporated in combo’s.

• Issue: Sprint attacks, the amount of team damage that’s caused by them, and how they break too easily, rocket vanguards are a problem again. They’re also waaay too draggable.

Solution: Just remove them, or make sword sprint attacks a vertical swing, and cap the amount you can turn.

–-

Issue: Archers

Solution: Reduce ranged damage to body shots, add stamina drain per draw of the bow, remove backstab bonus