Authentication failed every time.

• I’ve been trying to join servers for about two days straight now and every time I try, no matter what server I choose, I get a message telling me my authentication has failed. I’ve tried various fixes found on the forums from years before (delete certain folders, verify cache, restart steam, uninstall/reinstall) but none of it seems to work. My steam account is in good standing with VAC so it’s not a ban. I’m kind of at my wits end here, which sucks because I just got in to this game and I really enjoy it (one of my buddies just started playing it with me and he has the same problems as I do with authentication). Neither of us are hackers. Please help? Anyone else having issues? It seemed to have started happening after a mini-patch on Memorial Day (if there was one, I didn’t notice it but my friend said he DL’d one).

• This also happens to me. I can’t join any deadliest warrior games anymore since that same patch. (yet medieval warfare games still authenticate and I can still join those)
    How can this be fixed?

• So, and I feel like an idiot here, I found out that the weekend I played on, was a free weekend for DW (Memorial day weekend). I had already bought Chivalry:MW and figured that I had been given DW for being a cool guy or something. They are separate purchases entirely. I bought DW yesterday and played for a few hours, problem solved.

• This is happening to me too and I really hope Torn Banner gets their heads straight and fix this!!!

• One possible problem could be that you don’t actually own the game, if i login with one of my accounts that has CMW but not CDW then i get this error when trying to join CDW games

Recently there was a free weekend and you could have been playing during that time
    OR
    I read a thread somewhere that people who bought CMW also got CDW free by mistake… and that could have been fixed

• Global Moderator

Bingo. If you didn’t actually purchase the game this is why you get this issue.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.