Omg riposte are broken and instant

• This shit is not blockable more than 50% of the time, with luck, proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVd60COMaN8&feature=youtu.be

Some feedback

@OBI-WAN:

There is no use in threads like these because most of the community is retarded like flippy and basically wants chivalry to be a guessing game. Even when the evidence is show directly in front of them and there is no way around it, they’ll still make up shit excuses like lag or ping or footwork. And what it all boils down to, wether you speak maturely your opinion through 100 posts or wether you shitpost in 1 post, all you’ll ever get from people on these forums in the end is “u need 2 git gud” because they have no other argument than that. And sadly TB listen to these people. 0.8 flinch times……thanks crushed : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL57E1fX7m4

Yet another example. Just to show it can be done.

And @ Jimmy retard, the person who commented on the youtube video saying it is “possible to read”.
    That is true, it is parryable 50% of the time, the other 50% you physcially cannot actually get your parry up quick enough after you’ve attacked. The real argument here is the fact that this riposte is SO QUICK, that you do NOT have time to look for an animation. You have to ASSUME your enemy will do this on a riposte, otherwise you will NOT parry this. There is no time to look for or see an animation, as you will already be hit. And I know this for fact through countless hours playing the game and through the video I’ve linked which I tested myself. There is no denying this. It is a problem and it needs a fix. There should be sufficient time to see the animation and you should not have to guess.

@CRUSHED:

something off about counters since the last patch, me and sophax noticed it aswell, theyre a bit too fast but maybe it’s just because i’m a joke player, i’m not sure

greatsword, broadsword, hatchet, sword of war overhead & longsword overhead ripostes are out of control atm

@OBI-WAN:

That wont change anything, it is INSTANT. No amount of backpedeling is going to change that. Regardless of if I “should” stand like that, there isn’t always the choice. The video shows what I experience ingame all the time. Instant hitting ripostes that are blockable maybe 50% of the time.

A lot of feedback can be found on the forum, /discuss.

• last time we dueled you couldnt parry shit and lost 8 times in a row when i had messer

i never said they were unblockable, just fast lol, what u do in the video is ezpz anyone can do it

• Mod

This is clearly scripted coz none of you’s feinted or tried to get around the parry. Either way. This can’t be done with ping above 30.

• The other guy died at end, obviously ripostes are too fast.

Bit easier with some footwork, right?

• last time we dueled you couldnt parry shit and lost 8 times in a row when i had messer

Let me laugh bro.

This is clearly scripted coz none of you’s feinted or tried to get around the parry. Either way. This can’t be done with ping above 30.

We don’t duel dude, i just show that those video and post about riposte on the forum are bullshit and i had 55 ping so of the guy vs me and we do try to stab side, like i would always riposte like this lol.

• Congratulations on providing a worthless video that you have designed in a way that just supports your opinion instead of being of any actual value to anyone.

1. Range between the two of you
    2. Sow is not as fast as norse, and even if it was at the distance you are its hitting late on its release
    3. You are not even accelerating the attacks as fast as you can
    4. Again, you chose broadsword because it supported your opinion more than actually using norse

The original video just showed how fast the riposte can be and when it was slowed down you can see there is little to no animation. It is not even remotely similar to yours.

You can argue that people need to use footwork and blah blah blah but that was not the point of the original video. The point was it can happen and will happen.

• Mod

@Edmund:

Let me laugh bro.

We don’t duel dude, i just show that those video and post about riposte on the forum are bullshit and i had 55 ping so of the guy vs me and we do try to stab side, like i would always riposte like this lol.

That makes sense! What pings did you guys have just out of curiosity?

• This thread confuses me.

• @KILLBANDS:

Congratulations on providing a worthless video that you have designed in a way that just supports your opinion instead of being of any actual value to anyone.

Could say the same with your lack of footwork and bad parrying in your video.

• 1. Range between the two of you
    2. Sow is not as fast as norse, and even if it was at the distance you are its hitting late on its release
    3. You are not even accelerating the attacks as fast as you can
    4. Again, you chose broadsword because it supported your opinion more than actually using norse

Oh yh i should stand still and let the guy start his attack inside me because this is what happen in a duel vs high players right ? i did this like i would normally duel but we just riposte only, if i choose sow and broad it’s because obi wan whine about it and said it was broken, we did it with hws, norse etc to, i’m not gonna upload a 10min video buddy and i accelerate attacks just like i would the rest of the time, you can block pretty much everything 90% of the time if you’re good.

• Mod

@Edmund:

Oh yh i should stand still and let the guy start his attack inside me because this is what happen in a duel vs high players right ? i did this like i would normally duel but we just riposte only, if i choose sow and broad it’s because obi wan whine about it and said it was broken, we did it with hws, norse etc to, i’m not gonna upload a 10min video buddy and i accelerate attacks just like i would the rest of the time, you can block pretty much everything 90% of the time if you’re good.

And if you have a very low ping

• I got 55 ping at best on a good server, my connection sucks at the moment.

• Mod

@Edmund:

I got 55 ping at best on a good server, my connection sucks at the moment.

I have 80 - 150 ping. Depends how full the server is.

• @Tyoson:

I have 80 - 150 ping. Depends how full the server is.

Well I don’t think the game should be balanced on this kind of ping.

• @gndo:

Could say the same with your lack of footwork and bad parrying in your video.

OH yes my terrible parrying from looking down to an opponent on lower ground. That was cut footage to show the terrible hits. What purpose would it serve to show me parrying them? Did I ever say that ripostes in general were unparryable or did I just reasonably state there there were occasions where this issue can happen?

Unlike you idiots that make fake videos and pretend the issue doesn’t exist at all.

b-b-b-b–b-b-b-b-b-b-BUT HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS WOULDN’T LET SOMEONE BE THAT CLOSE TO THEM

Are you really so ignorant to claim that the situation where a player is next to you does not happen to you at all because you are supposedly so much better?

I highlighted something and now you’re making false shit to cover it up. I can’t falsify a video to show instant hits - what you saw is there and is still there while you’re crying and making excuses.

• Mod

@gndo:

Well I don’t think the game should be balanced on this kind of ping.

I play with 80 to 100 ping on games like CS:GO and aiming at the head and shooting the head is precise and accurate. This game should work the same way.

• @KILLBANDS:

OH yes my terrible parrying from looking down to an opponent on lower ground. That was cut footage to show the terrible hits. What purpose would it serve to show me parrying them? Did I ever say that ripostes in general were unparryable or did I just reasonably state there there were occasions where this issue can happen?

Unlike you idiots that make fake videos and pretend the issue doesn’t exist at all.

b-b-b-b–b-b-b-b-b-b-BUT HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS WOULDN’T LET SOMEONE BE THAT CLOSE TO THEM

Are you really so ignorant to claim that the situation where a player is next to you does not happen to you at all because you are supposedly so much better?

I highlighted something and now you’re making false shit to cover it up. I can’t falsify a video to show instant hits - what you saw is there and is still there while you’re crying and making excuses.

The MAA was stabbing your side, and you just parry as if its a normal stab…maybe you could of parried them if you backpedaled and turned before pressing RMB.

@Tyoson, I think this game is more ping dependent than a shooter though.

• This video is obviously fake, there aren’t any feints in it. You can’t fool me Edmund.

• @gndo:

The MAA was stabbing your side, and you just parry as if its a normal stab…maybe you could of parried them if you backpedaled and turned before pressing RMB.

The entire video is lookdown overheads.

But it doesn’t surprise me you might think it’s stabs for 2 possible reasons:

1. you’re just retarded
    or
    2. the no animation I’m actually talking about made you think it was.

I follow the weapon to parry, he’s doing look downs and if you look at the successful parries the weapons are touching.

• Well he was still hitting you in the side, sorry for saying the wrong word I didn’t watch the whole thing… and you were looking down for an overhead.