Flinch in release

• I’d like to start a disscussion and a poll about flinch in release, a rather new issue that causes flinch and interruption in release, even though flinch should only interrupt during windup.

Now why a poll when it’s a obvious bug? Because to certain extent it reduces hit-trades and punishes those that go for them. It is a question of opinion whether this is good or bad, hence the poll. Feel free to state your opinion on words as well.

Also I’d like to share my observations of two types of flinch in release I’ve yet identified. The sort-of-legit flinch in release and the bs flinch in release. Sort-of-legit type is the one that simply, most likely due to that that on screen of attacker the victim is actually hit in windup, flinches the victim without in reality their weapon ever reaching release, but they were told it did on their screen. The straight bs type is the one where the victim is flinched even though his weapon actually reached release on everyone’s screen and actually dealt damage. It is not that uncommon and happens most often with stabs, often two vanguards stab each other and flinch each other from release.

Choices:
    It is a bug and should be fixed ASAP
    Speaks for itself, by any mean you do not find this issue beneficial and want it removed.

The sort-of-legit kinda make sense due to lag but the bs has to be fixed.
    Due to knowing what lag does you don’t mind the sort-of-legit type. You wouldn’t want to get hit even though you got a hit on them during their windup, just because on their screen they already reached release.

It should be made more consisted as a feature. Hit-trades should be punished.
    Because you dislike hit-trades and people that often go for them, you actually find this bug useful. And so you want it to become a feature, changing what has been here since release. Of course it should be made more consistent as now it happens only sometimes.

It should be made a feature with a special rock-paper-scissors mechanic behind it.
    Because you dislike hit-trades and people that often go for them, you actually find this bug useful, however you want it to be done differently, with a special mechanic. You’ll specify what rules for flinch in release you want in the comments. Ex: only big weapons can flinch small weapon out of release, or as a maa lover you want one-handed sword stabs to flinch everything.

Other….
    You want it to work completely differently than any of the other choices. Post in comments how.

• Me myself, I’ll roll with option one. The combat’s been like this since the beginning and although I can understand lag it still isn’t cool. For the most part, it only really helps maas and archers that are already powerful enough. Yes flinch me a lot, but not in release.

• They won’t fix it because no1 is able to reproduce it.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

They won’t fix it because no1 is able to reproduce it.

ppfft? wha

• @chivalryinterested:

ppfft? wha

Nobody is able to reproduce it consistently. It seems to just happen randomly.

• Has the bug even been confirmed to be a real bug?
    All examples I’ve seen just seem like good ol’ lag to me.

• never happend to me, then again i dont fight maas with trades

• Mod

@CRUSHED:

never happend to me, then again i dont fight maas with trades

Happens to everyone, regardless of the class they’re fighting.

• Global Moderator

This is so bloody annoying. Especially against daggers.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.