Block with shields

• I’m not that familiar with shields but is it common that shields block when they visually shouldn’t? I know that there always have been problems with the shields but I thought that stuff like that has been fixed a long time ago.

• I dunno if I’m talking outta my ass here, but in the past, shield block areas were more or less the size of the shields, whereas now there’s a huge area around the shield. I haven’t been able to stab around shields as easily as I did back when I bought the game for a while.

• This is exactly the feeling that I have

• Global Moderator

Yeah the shield block area for shields is different for each shield but they are all huge. Still not terribly hard to get around. For the buckler is essentially double the area of the shield in a sqaure.

• Huh, did they change something, I thought it used the parry code to determine if a shield blocked a melee weapon?

Good news for shield users though, it always used to stuck getting stabbed through the shield.

• yeah the shield hitboxes or blockboxes have increased this with the fact that people can block from behind makes it really hard to hit arround a shield and is mostly luck dependant. this bug/“feature” can be easily seen when playing archer altough the projectile blokcboxes seem a little smaller then the mellee ones you can still easily see you projectiles being blocked by thin air.

• @J-D:

this bug/“feature” can be easily seen when playing archer altough the projectile blokcboxes seem a little smaller then the melee ones you can still easily see you projectiles being blocked by thin air.

yeah, so annoying shooting ankles/shoulders/exposed arms only to have the arrow get stuck in mid-air where the shield isn’t v_v

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.