• I GOT KILLED BY FEINTS, NURFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

• Jon Knows stfu.

end thread/

• Hipster.

10hips.

• lern2fastkick

• @Huggles:

I GOT KILLED BY FEINTS, NURFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I’ve been thinking about this for a while and I genuinely think feints should go. It’s obvious that TBS added feints to this game to prevent the never ending parry fights, and I guess they thought that would be the player’s only worry.

But as we all know, there’s a lot of crazy moves in this game that we have to watch out for, and when you add feints on top of that, it cuts down all fights into retarded spam fights where it’s more about luck rather than skill.
    Feinting is something everyone can do, and it doesn’t take any effort to do. Drags, spins and all this matrix shit and mind games however, it goes for “skill” in this game. A beginner won’t know how to do all that, but even a beginner can feint.

Alternatively, add some goddamn animation to feinting and make it more noticeable on faster weapons like the Thrusting Dagger. Right now feints are unreadable for the most part, as much as some like to think they know how to read feints, when really they can just predict a few.

• But in all seriousness, the amount of attention these threads get is ridiculous. We should appoint an elitist flamer to shut down these stupid threads before they get to 20 posts. lmao

Being able to get 5000 views by going, hurrr durr feintssssss op pls nURf tb!

• whoa dejavu

• When I play on pub duel with feints I get kicked. When I play without feints I get told that playing against me is boring cause I only use drags

• @Huggles:

But in all seriousness, the amount of attention these threads get is ridiculous. We should appoint an elitist flamer to shut down these stupid threads before they get to 20 posts. lmao

Being able to get 5000 views by going, hurrr durr feintssssss op pls nURf tb!

We had one but I had to yell at Flippy too much for misbehaving.

• Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else. There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead. In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit. I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

• @Kreittis:

Chivalry has been out for over a year and a half now and feints are STILL a thing.
    There are threads almost daily about feints and for good reason.
    Because they are stupid, and have been since they were introduced.
    The whole idea of a feint is stupid in this game since it practically guarantees a free hit on your opponent. The “elite” of this game try to justify feints by saying they are readable (they aren’t lol you must have potato syndrome if you think that feints are readable or predictable) which I find quite ironic since the very same people are found falling for them ingame just like everyone else. There is no way to tell a feint from a real attack. All you can do is try and wait until the last second to parry and good luck parrying if they’ve feinted into a lookdown overhead. In every server you play in, there is always somebody calling somebody else out on being a feg for using feints and with good reason.
    Feints are a guessing game
    I can deal with the all in one, can do absolutely everything greatsword and the pro rank 50s that use it exclusively and think they’re good.
    But feints are dogshit. I can’t believe that there are people that still actually defend feints.
    After all this time. All the butthurt it has caused. All the controversy for and against feints. Since release this has been a topic. And feints still aren’t gone or at least fixed.
    good feint m8! Wow that was a good feint! totally didn’t see that 1!! OMG that feint was amazing!!! gg
    What’s sad is I heard some clanfags say this in one of their videos the other day. GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!!
    TB please fix the dogshit that is feints and stop spilling coffee all over the servers.
    But as I’m sure I’m going to be told by the best community ever, I guess I just need to “git gud”.
    GIT GUD M8 GOOD FEINT M8 GOOD FEINT!! TOP KEK I TIP MUH HELMET 2 U

lol whenever i cast and i see a feint i always say it was a very tasteful feint, took a lot of skillful execution

feinting is too easy, it belongs in the game but its current form, what would you say if i told you that i win a lot of duels with maul feint into overhead headshot

its really no different than feinting a stab and combo feinting into an overhead then stab with SoW

its just stupid yknow, feints should never have been this strong because the whole concept of feinting is a guessing game, why the fuck would you make a guessing game so gamebreakingly powerful is beyond me

you just roll the dice to win, id rather play a real gambling game, this is supposed to be a game about strategic melee fighting, not fucking russian roulette

i mean specially now with the flinch times people play this chance game of blindly hittrading after getting hit because combo feints are completely unreadable with the majority of the weapons in the game, ive fucking won kendos combo feinting my warhammer

feinting NEEDS to be addressed at some point, lowering the feint windows was a step in the right direction but feinting just needs a complete overhaul not number tweaking

• @zombojoe:

lol whenever i cast and i see a feint i always say it was a very tasteful feint, took a lot of skillful execution

feinting is too easy, it belongs in the game but its current form, what would you say if i told you that i win a lot of duels with maul feint into overhead headshot

its really no different than feinting a stab and combo feinting into an overhead then stab with SoW

its just stupid yknow, feints should never have been this strong because the whole concept of feinting is a guessing game, why the fuck would you make a guessing game so gamebreakingly powerful is beyond me

you just roll the dice to win, id rather play a real gambling game, this is supposed to be a game about strategic melee fighting, not fucking russian roulette

i mean specially now with the flinch times people play this chance game of blindly hittrading after getting hit because combo feints are completely unreadable with the majority of the weapons in the game, ive fucking won kendos combo feinting my warhammer

feinting NEEDS to be addressed at some point, lowering the feint windows was a step in the right direction but feinting just needs a complete overhaul not number tweaking

fookin saved

• I personally just don’t enjoy feinting, especially as knight. I can do it perfectly well, I’m sure my NA buds can attest to that, but it just doesn’t keep me wanting more after I finish my fights. It’s a personal preference thing.

This is how I feel:
    “It’s easy to kill someone, but it’s hard to beat them.” With feints, it feels more like killing than outskilling.

With feints, it’s a stamina war to see who can feint less but at the same time feint enough to take health from your enemy. Other stamina wasting maneuvers such as jumping, missing, and feint to parrying also come into play, so with these you must avoid at all costs. This is a pretty cool combat concept, and it has its depth, but I just feel like it’s not diverse, and there is some luck involved. Calling some feints is possible, such as maul overhead, but with other attacks like SoW stab, it’s more based on guessing rather than reading. In duels, it’s important to stay unpredictable so that your enemies can’t read your pattern for the next duel. You may notice that the top feint duelists will change their pattern very often, and those who struggle with them are rather predictable in comparison. This type of melee fighting just isn’t fun.

I personally wish that combat in the competitive scene was not all about feinting, but I wish in vain. I wish feints were nerfed so that there was a delay that scaled based on how long your feint was, so that basically you could read feints if you tried but at the same time if you feinted too long then it wouldn’t allow you to immediately punish. This would mean that feints would be to psych out your opponent in a tense situation, not EVERY OTHER SWING IS A FEINT PLZ GUESS MY PATTERN. It would reward skilled players as well as smart ones. Right now, it’s pattern reading.

• If you remove feints you will have to rebalance the whole game by buffing slow weapons etc

• @JimmyTryhard:

I personally just don’t enjoy feinting, especially as knight. I can do it perfectly well, I’m sure my NA buds can attest to that, but it just doesn’t keep me wanting more after I finish my fights. It’s a personal preference thing.

This is how I feel:
    “It’s easy to kill someone, but it’s hard to beat them.” With feints, it feels more like killing than outskilling.

With feints, it’s a stamina war to see who can feint less but at the same time feint enough to take health from your enemy. Other stamina wasting maneuvers such as jumping, missing, and feint to parrying also come into play, so with these you must avoid at all costs. This is a pretty cool combat concept, and it has its depth, but I just feel like it’s not diverse, and there is some luck involved. Calling some feints is possible, such as maul overhead, but with other attacks like SoW stab, it’s more based on guessing rather than reading. In duels, it’s important to stay unpredictable so that your enemies can’t read your pattern for the next duel. You may notice that the top feint duelists will change their pattern very often, and those who struggle with them are rather predictable in comparison. This type of melee fighting just isn’t fun.

I personally wish that combat in the competitive scene was not all about feinting, but I wish in vain. I wish feints were nerfed so that there was a delay that scaled based on how long your feint was, so that basically you could read feints if you tried but at the same time if you feinted too long then it wouldn’t allow you to immediately punish. This would mean that feints would be to psych out your opponent in a tense situation, not EVERY OTHER SWING IS A FEINT PLZ GUESS MY PATTERN. It would reward skilled players as well as smart ones. Right now, it’s pattern reading.

Can’t tell if pasta because knights templar member.

• @zombojoe:

totally agree man, you can’t deny that a major element of feint reading is guessing

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Can’t tell if pasta because knights templar member.

Oh dear, has huggles already ruined me? DX

• reputation ruined, quickly make alt accounts

• "Can we nerf feints tbs"
    answer = no go away pleb and stupidity is a drug to be avoided.