Guild TOB taking over offical server

• im not sure where to post this or exactly what to say but id just like to try and say that the guild TOB, whoever they are have taken over the offical FFA server, kicking anyone not from their guild. why couldnt they create their own private, passworded server? this just seems very rude to jump into a server and kick anyone not in their guild, i thought open servers such as these were for everyone, not just select elite or guilded individuals. just thought id share this and how rude such people are.

• @Guts:

im not sure where to post this or exactly what to say but id just like to try and say that the guild TOB, whoever they are have taken over the offical FFA server, kicking anyone not from their guild. why couldnt they create their own private, passworded server? this just seems very rude to jump into a server and kick anyone not in their guild, i thought open servers such as these were for everyone, not just select elite or guilded individuals. just thought id share this and how rude such people are.

If you see anything like this again message me on Steam (steamcommunity.com/id/slygoat) with the server name and what’s going on and I’ll take care of it.

• alright will do. thankyou for your help. i apologize if i came off as whiney or impolite in how i posted but i was definitely frustrated to be sure!

• @Guts:

alright will do. thankyou for your help. i apologize if i came off as whiney or impolite in how i posted but i was definitely frustrated to be sure!

I don’t think anyone really blames you. There have been a heap of troublemakers since beta keys were being given out like crazy. People tend to be problem-makers when they get games for free because they don’t lose anything.

• I saw about eight the other day (never seen them before) but if they’re actively kicking people simply because of the reason you gave, shame on them.

• that is the case. i swear it on the agathian king!

• I imagine many will be on the beta and won’t purchase the full game, so they don’t care too much (same with some other ‘interesting’ people in the game I’ve encountered), and the ones that do will be a lot more protective because they won’t want to see themselves officially banned from servers.

The community is going to get a lot rougher generally when the game is properly released tomorrow, but it’ll settle down eventually (naturally or by force). Like you inferred, though, taking over a server that isn’t actually yours is pretty selfish.

• The only thing that’s gonna be rough is gonna be me on the newbies :D

• lol rough on the newbies, oh be nice :)
    i must say that im greatful for the key i was givin a few days back and completely enjoyed my playtime thusfar, though unfortunately im so poor i cant afford to pay attention! but possibly this friday ill have the game, im gonna be suffering without it cuz its so much fun!
    anyway, more on topic, is there a way to like ya know start our own servers or rooms or whatever for those private sessions when guilds want to only play with themselves or have a guild war so they dont have to try to hijack an official server? im not very savy at these things but i am curious!

• @Guts:

lol rough on the newbies, oh be nice :)
    i must say that im greatful for the key i was givin a few days back and completely enjoyed my playtime thusfar, though unfortunately im so poor i cant afford to pay attention! but possibly this friday ill have the game, im gonna be suffering without it cuz its so much fun!
    anyway, more on topic, is there a way to like ya know start our own servers or rooms or whatever for those private sessions when guilds want to only play with themselves or have a guild war so they dont have to try to hijack an official server? im not very savy at these things but i am curious!

I’m assuming the game is like any other server-based game, such as counter-strike or team fortress 2, that it will be made so you can actually host your own server, but doing it on your own pc wouldn’t really work. You would need a dedicated computer or server to accomplish hosting any kind of video game really. So to put it plainly, no you mostly likely cant unless you have a server computer at your disposal, but fear not there will probably be quite a few servers up and running at launch and past that. If you concerned about grievers and such.

• ah ok i see, thanks for the info! im not really all that worried, i imagine what happened with that server earlier would be very rare. i was just curious mostly because i can understand guilds wanting to have “private time” or whatever as i said to play with themselves or have a guild war, i guess maybe there will be a server or two perhaps set up for that and guilds could schedule times on the forums. that could work eh?

• I’ve played on the servers during times when TOB has had a considerable presence, and I’ve not personally experienced them kicking anyone off or harassing anyone - this isn’t to say that they aren’t guilty of it, but I have seen them play by the rules on several occasions.

• well im not accusing them of anything beyond what happened with this one incident. im sure most of the time they do play by the rules but that doesnt negate the fact that they hijacked one of the official ffa servers on this one occasion, perhaps its never happened before, i cant say for sure but i know what i know and i wouldnt make this up. im not some jealous prick who was denied entry into their guild and am trying to just slander them, i promise this did happen.