BETA - Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 28 (UI Refresh)

• @loin:

This left handed thing sounds interesting. Today I will dig out my newly built game rig with 3 video
    cards and a score of 7.3 in every field in w8 performance assessment. Today is Loin the left handed
    player try’s Left handed mode in Chivalry! after my crumpets tbh.

It’s neat I think. Still quite buggy of course. Left handed maul is hilarious.

• -Alt-tabbing still works smoothly
    -Sexy Create Game menu
    -New HUD markers have no impact on fps

-Pressing Create Game crashes the game before the new menu shows up (64bit)
    -Create Game menu works in 32bit version
    -Arena Flat and Arena have the same display images in the create game menu
    -FPS still drops significantly in customization menu
    -Completing an objective (at least on Dark Forest) gives you a code prompt or something instead of “Objective Completed”

The new create game feature is neat, but I really think there needs to be server options other than just map selection integrated. Things like player count, server name and class limits are all fixed, currently.

• COMPETITIVE PLAYER: "oh no there’s someone who plays uniquely and I cannot adapt to it, BAN HIM! BAN THEM ALL!"

Can’t adapt yes ? how many times we saw this shit already lol, especially for the parry in recovery patch “huehue you can’t adapt to no cftp” we all know what happen then, you can do whatever you want with the game, left hand mode, pomp actions shotgun and capes, a good player especially with +1000h will always pubstomp, always, i just believe this left hand mode will add more bullshit and inconsistency.

• WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE???

Let Bastard Swords + Heater!!! you bastard

**Customization Option when in a game?

• Ignore all this UI crap, WHAT IS WITH THE SKULL HELMET?

• @CRUSHED:

Ignore all this UI crap, WHAT IS WITH THE SKULL HELMET?

Dev helmet, just like those flaming ones.

I saw a dev with in in official TO server.

• @Kreittis:

Dev helmet, just like those flaming ones.

I saw a dev with in in official TO server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

• Frontend map looks great now. The menu is still a lacklustre though:

• boring font
    • text could also be bigger
    • the blue thingy background thing
    • chivalry emblem still wider than the menu

• @CRUSHED:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Oh, and the barb chieftain bots have it on too.

• @YarnuTheDog:

WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE???

What we have here…… is surely TB trolling lmao. C’mon now guys…we want heater shield available for bastard/warhammer, and you go ahead and unlock kite/tower for the flail. :p

• Flail meta inc.

• @DaGGyzo:

Player names are not visible

So uh whats the reason for this? Could you at least have it a setting instead of removing that?

I really don’t want to approach every default skinned player like if they are rank 55 or rank 5, I will not be able to play nice with new players because I will be to worried that its a high ranked player, please make this a client sided option instead of REMOVING IT all together.

• The things written in yellow are Known Issues/Incomplete elements. The names being gone is likely a bug.

• This post is deleted!

• @DemonicChocobo:

The things written in yellow are Known Issues/Incomplete elements. The names being gone is likely a bug.

You’re back! You’re the guy that basically taught me to git gud by letting me practicing parries on your facehugging LMBs and feints. Thank you!

I’m curious on why people want Heater Shield for all Knights. It’s just the sweet looks, isn’t it?

• @a:

You’re back! You’re the guy that basically taught me to git gud by letting me practicing parries on your facehugging LMBs and feints. Thank you!

No prob. The community needs more players like you that are willing to learn rather than complain and reject everything that they can’t magically handle instantly.

• @a:

I’m curious on why people want Heater Shield for all Knights. It’s just the sweet looks, isn’t it?

As you say…

The heater shields looks kick-ass!.. It was used extensively by Knights of the Medieval Age!

Also, it’s just another feature of the game which should of been in there from the start, Knights should have access to all 4 shields for whatever purpose they desire. Extra variables cant hurt, especially when shields are so buggy and inconsistent! :)

ALSO!!! The BOTS can use it, but we cant :D

• This post is deleted!

• I think almost everything in this new patch seems wonderful and they are long expected in Chivalry community. Though there’s one thing that doesn’t seem so good: the HUD is way too obtrusive. The kill and the objective messages are way too large and loud. They do not need the background in my opinion, just some other font than Arial 16 :)

• @DemonicChocobo:

No prob. The community needs more players like you that are willing to learn rather than complain and reject everything that they can’t magically handle instantly.

But how am I supposed to get better if the devs don’t nerf the game?