Competitive TO Strategy Discussion

• Contribute your team’s strategies, lets have a real discussion about competitive TO! :D

I’d like to hear some new ideas!

Recently, we had a scrim vs Tempest (check the stream out, the whole thing is there) on stoneshill and it was EXTREMELY close. Like, by SECONDS close. We were doing really well on melee and arching, but we kept accidentally letting objectives slip at the last second on defending. We had a defending time of 0:44 on the last objective. We were making amazing time while attacking, beating all of their times, but on the king objective, we couldn’t kill the king within 9 minutes, unable to beat our time. It was a good game, and we’re trying to see what kinds of things we could have done to make the outcome better. Basically, they sent a team of 2 melee to intercept us before getting to the king, then by the time we entered the throneroom, we had low health and the double archers would take us down. We only got close to the king about twice…. What we should have done was focus on killing the two without taking damage and possibly split pushing to confuse the archers. Also, we had about 3 light classes, 2 archers(1 warbow 1 sling) and one maa, which means that a lot of pushes were split due to getting picked by an enemy archer. We only had 1 knight. Probably should have packed heavier to get through the raining arrows. XD

Ah well, next time we’ll come back stronger. :)

So, what are your strategies, not restricted to any map? I’d especially like to hear from the famed but retired Faucheur. Hopefully you guys can “leak” your strats to help the existing comp scene get more interesting. Maybe even you EU guys can tell us something interesting.

• Run in and kill them.

• This post is deleted!

• 1. Rousing motivational teamtalk from huddle

2. Arousing motivational spartan wank-wall (overlap your dick on the guy next to you, so that he can fap you off and collectively form a giant cock-phalanx)

3. WIN

• Serious discussion, please.

• I’ll elaborate further.

The source of power doesn’t come from a single dick. The overlapping-porksword formation combines many love-nectar-injectors to become more powerful than the sum of its private parts, and fights as one IMPENETRABLE UNIT that in turn has the potential to penetrate many units.

• @Triumphant:

I’ll elaborate further.

The source of power doesn’t come from a single dick. The overlapping-porksword formation combines many love-nectar-injectors to become more powerful than the sum of its private parts, and fights as one IMPENETRABLE UNIT that in turn has the potential to penetrate many units.

Can’t tell if serious.

• 1.Make sure you regroup when you get wiped.
    2.Find a tactic that suits your team composition the best.
    3.Find players who you know you can trust with guarding your back and the other way around.
    4.Play together so you understand each other while fighting and further improve your teamwork. (what i am saying with this is:example, me and Sophax together fought a lot of 2v2s and when we are fighting, i know he is gonna rotate to the right of our opponent and he knows i am gonna rotate to the left and thus we both get a hit in without getting teamhit).
    5.Win.

• Strategy is a gimmick that bad players desperately need in order to win.

• This post is deleted!

• 1. have a better archer than the enemy team
    2. make sure all the melee players are hit trading favorably
    3. win

• This post is deleted!

• @zombojoe:

1. have a better archer than the enemy team
    2. make sure all the melee players are hit trading favorably
    3. win

#1 famed but retired Faucher tactic.

• Whole team of Vanguards with polehammers and zwiehanders.

• @Oy:

Whole team of Vanguards with polehammers and zwiehanders.

wat is 50% rule

• @Chimpanzer:

wat is 50% rule

It’s when 50% of your attacks have to hit your team mates.

• Can’t tell if these NAs are serious. Have to watch NA streams for further investigation

• Mod

For attacking the village on Stoneshill one strat I came up with is to split up into small comp smart groups and attack from three different angles. One group goes side hill, one drops main from main hill, the other goes around to river. All you need to do now is win your small engagement and you’re free to go kill peasants and burn houses since the rest of the defenders are busy.

Hardest part about this strat is timing it properly so that all the groups attack at the same time.

• @afiNity:

Can’t tell if these NAs are serious. Have to watch NA streams for further investigation

Recent footage from NA scrims.

• @Kim:

For attacking the village on Stoneshill one strat I came up with is to split up into small comp smart groups and attack from three different angles. One group goes side hill, one drops main from main hill, the other goes around to river. All you need to do now is win your small engagement and you’re free to go kill peasants and burn houses since the rest of the defenders are busy.

Hardest part about this strat is timing it properly so that all the groups attack at the same time.

you can also just do a really strong frontal push to catch the enemy offguard since everyone expects splitpushes on that objective

if your team isnt shit you will win the fight and have 20 seconds to freely burn and kill everything, sometimes with multiple players alive

@afiNity:

Can’t tell if these NAs are serious. Have to watch NA streams for further investigation

heres some top tier NA footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxhN5ALu56M

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.