Is messer too strong?

• just curious what folks over here thinks

• I dunno but it’s the most satisfying way to decapitate a man at arms.

• And really, what else matters.

• 10 messers say No

• for its speed it is pretty annoying being one shot by it, it should 2shot maa at least. On the other hand, every weapon in the game should one shot archers until they get a nerf :P

• Hell no man, the lack of a stab is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE trade off for its lmbs and overheads. It’s perfect where it is dont fucking TOUCH ITTTTTTTTTTT

• @Huggles:

Hell no man, the lack of a stab is a HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE trade off for its lmbs and overheads. It’s perfect where it is dont fucking TOUCH ITTTTTTTTTTT

Its stab only does 1 damage less than longsword stab does.

• @gndo:

Its stab only does 1 damage less than longsword stab does.

and what stab takes 4-5 hits to kill a knight tothe torso? Longsword
    Also, messer stab is just really weird to try and hit with, the stab on the sow goes through parries much more easily.

• I would say slightly imbalanced, the HTK are insane and the range and speed aren’t as poor as the stats would indicate.

That being said, you don’t often see it in team matches. Hard call.

• Messar stab range and speed is balls. The best stabs are fast and long ranged. Good for flinching.

• @Toll:

Messar stab range and speed is balls. The best stabs are fast and long ranged. Good for flinching.

Well, I credit the greatsword and sow for best stabs. SOW for exactly what you said, greatsword because it’s so damn draggable you can bring it anywhere on the battlefield within it’s release state alone lmao.

• I wouldn’t say Messer is too strong, but the other swords are retardedly bad. Longsword has a very needs to many hits to kill a Knight, and SoW might be slightly UP but is balanced enough due to it’s great feint windows.
    But comparing Messer to other Knight primaries, I guess it could use a slight damage nerf. It’s already blunt/slash typed damaging anyway.

• @Huggles:

and what stab takes 4-5 hits to kill a knight tothe torso? Longsword
    Also, messer stab is just really weird to try and hit with, the stab on the sow goes through parries much more easily.

Which just goes to show that as far as HTK longsword is weak, messers damage on lmb and overhead makes up for it’s weak stab.

• It should be even slower, especially on overhead.

Braindead trade weapon, random ballerinas can score 2hit kill easily.

I’d say it needs a slight nerf.

• NA meta behind again. Don’t worry you’ll notice after the balance patch when that’ll be the only sword used.

Increase windup on overhead.

• @Butcher_:

It should be even slower, especially on overhead.

Braindead trade weapon, random ballerinas can score 2hit kill easily.

I’d say it needs a slight nerf.

NA meta behind again. Don’t worry you’ll notice after the balance patch when that’ll be the only sword used.

Increase windup on overhead. Retardedly easy to just hittrade.

• After some thought, the question remaining is: how to nerf it without making it useless.

I’d say nerf on OH’s windup would solve the issue, because if you mess with damage(2hit) on it, SoW simply becomes a much better option.

• Dat double post mayne.

• It’s not that strong, i’ve seen people use it when they can’t read feints very well. Not better than the longsword.

Windup might be a little bit fast

• @ashvins:

It’s not that strong, i’ve seen people use it when they can’t read feints very well. Not better than the longsword.

Longsword is simply worse SoW right now. Crappy HTK ratio, suddenly reach doesn’t seem so important.

Also, saying that people who can’t feint use Messer is just pants-on-head retarded, don’t smoke that synthetic bath-salt shit man.