The Dubaxe

• Mod

I made a video dedicated to this double edged, power house, super slam jam. Above 100 ping this thing is a fuck to use. You’ll see what I mean in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsrsloKGH8

To be honest I think it should do more damage than it does. It has bugger all reach, bugger all speed and next to no draggability (I made this word up I think)

• Mod

@Tyoson:

I made a video dedicated to this double edged, power house, super slam jam. Above 100 ping this thing is a fuck to use. You’ll see what I mean in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVsrsloKGH8

To be honest I think it should do more damage than it does. It has bugger all reach, bugger all speed and next to no draggability (I made this word up I think)

Cool video, but the dubaxe really doesn’t need a buff. It’s a hard but effective weapon to use, any stronger and it’d be OP.

• Mod

@Kim:

Cool video, but the dubaxe really doesn’t need a buff. It’s a hard but effective weapon to use, any stronger and it’d be OP.

Cheers mate :) I guess the challenge is what makes it a fun weapon, but I still think it’d be cool to be able to one shot LMB archers to the head. I guess overhead works just the same though.

• LMAO nice commentary

• Mod

@Tyoson:

Cheers mate :) I guess the challenge is what makes it a fun weapon, but I still think it’d be cool to be able to one shot LMB archers to the head. I guess overhead works just the same though.

It can one shot LMB archers to the head.

• Mod

@YarnuTheDog:

LMAO nice commentary

Cheers Yarnu. I appreciate the fine acting in the end of my video ;)

@Kim:

It can one shot LMB archers to the head.

You serious? I guess I’ve just never really risked trying it because the overhead kills em in one hit. I’ll have to test this out. My whole view of the dubaxe has changed. Could be a game changer for me haha.

• Here’s that tutorial you wanted Jon Knows!

• all dubaxe needs is sword animations

• @CRUSHED:

all dubaxe needs is sword animations

Sword animations/tracers make every weapon “op” mwahahhahaha >:)

Ducking smiles ruining my evil face, I hate emojis

• oneshotting archers….always a good game.

• getting rekt by archers is too painful to watch

• The weapon feel like shit tier since the handle hit patch, just like the grandmace, to slow, to much EZ mode double parry after a feint (blame the camera to), the sword are really way better now :(

Your mod proved that it was a genius idea, no desync what so ever.

• Mod

@Edmund:

The weapon feel like shit tier since the handle hit patch, just like the grandmace, to slow, to much EZ mode double parry after a feint (blame the camera to), the sword are really way better now :(

Of course a weapon feels like shit-tier when played incorrectly.

gf

10xgf

• Of course a weapon feels like shit-tier when played incorrectly.

Yeah yeah come in europe and do your bs reverse OH style, any decent knight destroy you ahah, you made me laugh dude.

• @CRUSHED:

Longsword-Dubaxe was glorious.

• @Kim:

Of course a weapon feels like shit-tier when played incorrectly.

My observations are that because it is so slow and does not have sword animations it gets outclassed by other weapons. If you want a big-boom weapon you go maul or G-mace (well g-mace used to be the choice), if you want drags you go messer, if you want the jack of all trades you go poleaxe. Dub axe offers not so useful intermediate in the middle of them.

But unlike warhammer and bearded, it is still viable (one-shoting archers, yum), those weapons are straight down shit which makes me sad….

• Yeah don’t gauge the weapon balance on your incorrect usage of the weapon…

Dubaxe performs really well due to it’s two shotting knights and it’s commonly occuring riposte noflinch in teamfights. The reverse overheads are also very fast. I personally think that the poleaxe and dubaxe should only 3 shot knights with overheads. Two shotting knights just doesn’t make sense in general because the knight has the most armor out of any class… there shouldn’t be ANY weapons that two shot knights to the torso. Although I would like to see a buff in other areas of these weapons, such as range… because increasing the speed would not really make it more balanced.

It’s a wonky but effective weapon.

• @JimmyTryhard:

Yeah don’t gauge the weapon balance on your incorrect usage of the weapon…

Dubaxe performs really well due to it’s two shotting knights and it’s commonly occuring riposte noflinch in teamfights. The reverse overheads are also very fast. I personally think that the poleaxe and dubaxe should only 3 shot knights with overheads. Two shotting knights just doesn’t make sense in general because the knight has the most armor out of any class… there shouldn’t be ANY weapons that two shot knights to the torso. Although I would like to see a buff in other areas of these weapons, such as range… because increasing the speed would not really make it more balanced.

And the dane axe should 8 shot the knight with overheads because 3 is not realistic.

You should be made the head of the balance council.

• Mod

@JimmyTryhard:

Yeah don’t gauge the weapon balance on your incorrect usage of the weapon…

Making the dubaxe 3 shot knights with overheads would be an unnecessary nerf. It’s in a good spot right now, hard to use effectively but rewarding.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.