What happened to this game…

• Due to being busy and actually also playing other games, I haven’t played a round of C:MW for quite some time until now - and holy shit, this game’s been maimed.

Performance is worse than before though no apparent visual changes were made (and shadows flicker terribly badly).

Movement seems absolutely weird - for the very first time, while in several different combats, I was almost unable to move most of the time due to some movement impairment (felt like CS 1.6 where receiving a bullet gets you unable to move for almost a second).

Attacking speed - people suddenly starting to run extremely quickly while spamming LMB and mowing down everything in their path (and no, no cheater here).

I have always liked the game for its slow pace, but now it partially even feels faster than DW.

Anyone else noticed any or all of the above recently?

• Usual case of lag hak’n and really high mouse sensitivity

• I think you forgot what it played like, it is no faster.

• Lag could actually be one of the reasons causing this since TBS refuse to switch from Multiplay to another server provider. I mean, it’s not as if it’s been known for years now that their servers simply suck.

Got to look for one not hosted by them, maybe it’ll then feel like it used to several months ago.

• The movement and speed of the game weren’t changed at all.

Why do so many people complain about non-existent shit?

• Mod

@Flippy:

The movement and speed of the game weren’t changed at all.

Why do so many people complain about non-existent shit?

Remove DLC skin health bonus pls

• i play with bad fps most of the time and i have to play at 720p now… but i just deal with it because nothing i have done changes much. i guess i will save up for some r9 290x2’s or titan black so i can get better frames

the shit you’re talking about though sounds like lag… it tends to happen on most of the official servers because multiplay is serious garbage and it happens when the ping difference is like 20+… like people with a really low ping are typically way off what someone with 80 ping sees. It’s bad but w/e

• @50ShadesofClay:

i play with bad fps most of the time and i have to play at 720p now… but i just deal with it because nothing i have done changes much. i guess i will save up for some r9 290x2’s or titan black so i can get better frames

the shit you’re talking about though sounds like lag… it tends to happen on most of the official servers because multiplay is serious garbage and it happens when the ping difference is like 20+… like people with a really low ping are typically way off what someone with 80 ping sees. It’s bad but w/e

You need monster CPU clayton.

• Random Joe cpu will not cut it.

• Another victim of the new camera and animations, revert tbs huh.

• Sorta forgot something else very strange:

Successfully parried an enemy’s attack which pushed him a few meters away from my location. Never experienced that before.

• Mod

@Shellshock:

Sorta forgot something else very strange:

Successfully parried an enemy’s attack which pushed him a few meters away from my location. Never experienced that before.

Knockback can definitely be janky sometimes.

• Regarding the movement: if your attack is parried, you are now locked out of sprinting for a short bit (half a second or something like that). Perhaps that’s what you’ve been noticing?

• The only worse performance you should notice is on Coldfront, other than that most of the recent patches have reset all your video settings so you should re-lower them.

As for everything else, if it wasn’t lag then it’s just the general increase of skill cap in the game that naturally rises over time and you got left behind.