Yellow faded bar on my map.

• I understand that this was an issue in Dark Forest in the beta, and I’m not sure how to fix this issue, as it doesn’t occur for everyone, only select few people.

I know in the beta, the bug occurred, even for myself, but was fixed in patches. I think only the devs could really answer this one, unless someone else knows of a fix.
    I think it will be something to do with my lighting settings in the map, probably to do with bloom or SSAO, but i’m really not 100% sure.

Here is a picture someone posted a while ago during beta in regards to the bug.

Or check this video out at about 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6l_-UCHujs

If anybody knows of the problem and a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. The bug does not occur for me in my map, nor does it occur for the majority of people. Only a few people, including Yarnu The Dog, are reporting the problem, and in my eyes, even if it’s annoying a few people now, it’s most likely annoying more people than I know of, so I want to find a solution.

Thanks

• All I know is that it has something to do with UDK’s post process system. Try turning off all your post processing and check to see if it’s there. Also try running in full screen if you’re not.

• I thought of post processing too…

• I am thinking it has something to do with DOF, since that is really the only thing different to other maps. It’s hard to test as it doesn’t occur on my computer, full screen or not.

• Developer

It’s a bloom bug. Turning your ‘blur bloom kernel size’ down should at least minimize it. IIRC it’s at least partly related to resolution.

• @Tyler:

It’s a bloom bug. Turning your ‘blur bloom kernel size’ down should at least minimize it. IIRC it’s at least partly related to resolution.

Thanks Tyler.

I asked those who had the bug occur for them if it was still occurring on my latest upload (where I removed a second sun! :O) and they don’t have the bug anymore, I also turned sunrays down and bloom level down so it’s not like a nuclear explosion in the sky, so I figured bloom was to blame :)

Thanks! ^_^