[WIP] Invasion - Fortification Map Contest

• Hi,

Here is the topic about my map, named Invasion. There is just the First Objective for the moment, and the map is an alpha version. It needs details, gameplay, lighting, adjustments etc …

Here is the link to the map, on the Steam Workshop :

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261955227

You can subscrive, donwload, and comment it. I’m currently trying to build a server to help you playing and testing it, but I have some difficulties, and nobodies answered me yet …

I’m currently working on the second Objective.

Here is the Lore of the map :
    LORE :

The Agathians heard about a massive Invasion coming. Masons are regruping to make a massive counter attack on the Agathian’s lands. Like an hurricane, with their massive army, they will burn the houses, kill the childrens, sack everything until all the Agathians had been killed with their blood covering the fields …

But Agathia heard about it thanks to brave spies. Before the big attack, Agathia prepare his soldiers and his defence to repulse the Mason’s Invaders. The little village of Woodland was preparing a feast when the Agathians soldiers arrived and told them to take refuge at Cliff Castle, and this is in Woodland where th fight will begin.

The defence was almost finished, when at night, the first Mason’s scout’s army arrived like a ghost, and build a little camp in the woods. Their mission was to take the willage of Woodland and burnt it all to make a signal to the great Mason’s Army, waiting to attack the CliffCastle….

**THE OBJECTIVES :

**Mason’s :

• First : Burn the two Pyres to make a signal to the Mason’s Army.
    • Second : Use the Great Siege Tower to take the Castle’s walls
    • Third : Slay the villagers
    • Fourth : Kill Lord Astan**

**Agatha’s :

• First : Defend and extinguish the pyre if need to.
    • Second : Prevent the Great Siege Tower to reach the Castle’s walls
    • Third : Protect the villagers
    • Fourth : Protect Lord Astan.**

Some pics taken form the V 1.0 :

I’ll post many more in a few days, about the Second Objective, and the WIP !

Thanks !

• looks good :)

use this to show images properly
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode
    it will attract more ppl then and help presentation

also when you update workshop it will reset item description on steam,
    it’s annoying I know but steam… :/
    don’t forget to make link on steam to this thread

• Hey! Your map looks interesting, but very short. Do you plan to reuse a lot of the space for the different objectives? If so, good, I like that in a map.

One question for you though, how did you get so much exposure for your map on steam? You have thousands of people looking at it while my map has less than 100. Teach me your secrets!

• @FartTender:

…Teach me your secrets!

Ye, Tell us, plz! Is it heavy advertising? Free Cookies? ^^

• lol damn, those views, maybe people are mistaking “Invasion” as the new “Horde” mode?
    I’m keen to see where this map is heading.

• wow sorry for offtopic question,
    but how could you display images with BB code that are in TB attachement, could you advice pls?

to me it does not work also with google disk it doesn’t work so I made account on Imgur eventually

(I PMed one mod about similar issue with videos but no reply yet,
    so I ask you cuz it works for you and it could be helpful also for other ppl so I post it publicly)

• @MiPu:

wow sorry for offtopic question,
    but how could you display images with BB code that are in TB attachement, could you advice pls?

open image in separate window/tab and use its url with bb code, eg img http://forums.tornbanner.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=968 /img

• @KingJoff:

open image in separate window/tab and use its url with bb code, eg img http://forums.tornbanner.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=968 /img

wooow it works awesome, thank you bro ! :)