My Little Pony: Threadship is Magic

• @Oy:

Jokes aside though, I don’t care what you watch or enjoy, I make fun of everyone for anything anyway. As long as you’re not one of those hyper-defensive bronies that attack people who say they don’t like your show, I don’t see the problem. It’s just a bit weird in my opinion if you’re a single guy watching MLP at home all day. But why should you give a fuck about my or anyone else’s opinion?

I don’t care if ya dislike it or not. As long you aren’t “hating” on me, or others, for liking it. (I’m not a fan of the term “hating” but it still fits for the people whom I am attempting to describe, yes?).

Though I kinda don’t like your a little assumption at the ending. Not every brony is single and not every one watch MLP all day. Yes, I’m single myself but that’s because I’m asexual… I’m not interested in trying to find a girlfriend, or a boyfriend… However, if I do develop strong feelings for someone then maybe I’ll be interested. And I also don’t watch MLP all day… I tend to do a variety of things throughout the day… It could be playing a multiplayer game (like Chivalry or TF2), playing Rock Band 3, or possibly me just hanging out, reading forums on the web. (I am a nerd and highly prefer being on a console or computer, so that is to be expected).

• I still don’t get how this show got so popular.

I watched like 3 episodes while trying to understand this phenomenon but it was just generic overly sweet saturday morning cartoon aimed for girls.

I dun get it.

• Spongebob is where its at.

• @Kreittis:

I still don’t get how this show got so popular.

I watched like 3 episodes while trying to understand this phenomenon but it was just generic overly sweet saturday morning cartoon aimed for girls.

I dun get it.

Because even if people grow up they’ll still be the same person as they were when they were kids. If you were a princess back then you will still be one on the inside, which explains why grown ups watch shows like this.

• There was a study done a while back that showed that grown men were far more likely to cry and get emotional over movies such as the lion king and beauty and the beast than women were. These men were also far more likely to be bronies.

When I was little Thomas the Tank engine was some emotional shit.

• @Kreittis:

I still don’t get how this show got so popular.

I dun get it.

Which three episodes? I’m a little curious. Also, was it of G4 or a previous Gen? The brony fandom is mostly because of G4, not cause of the previous ones. I’m just a little curious though and do want to help ya understand a-bit more, I mean… If you want to understand it, at least. If you really don’t care, then that’s fine. (Also, I don’t care if you don’t like it. That’s your opinion).

Simply put though, the reasoning for people to like this cartoon is simply because it is a good family cartoon (yes, I consider it as a family cartoon, not a girls cartoon). However, the specific reasoning for each individual varies and that is kinda where it becomes a more complex answer…

• I don’t think anyone knows what you are talking about lol. He’s watched 3 episodes not 30.

Family cartoon. The producers don’t consider it that lol. The target audience is 6 year old girls.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t think anyone knows what you are talking about lol. He’s watched 3 episodes not 30.

Family cartoon. The producers don’t consider it that lol. The target audience is 6 year old girls.

I’m pretty sure the target audience has also been autistic boys for a long time now.

• @zombojoe:

I’m pretty sure the target audience has also been autistic boys for a long time now.

I’m reading the first post and the reasons why they like the show. They must all have such miserable lives in reality. The ones that don’t kill themselves end up watching my little ponies to cheer themselves up.

The only two bronies I know personally were always a little crazy even before I found out they were bronies. Ain’t nobody gonna screw with them though. They were big guys skilled in martial arts. I suppose you kinda have to be really.

• was this a serious thread

this deeply depresses me

not only on every other fucking website, but chiv forums too?

edit yes, I see this is old. still cancer ridden, but old.

• @lemonater47:

The target audience is 6 year old girls.

Toys-wise, yes. The cartoon itself? No.

@lemonater47:

I’m reading the first post and the reasons why they like the show. They must all have such miserable lives in reality

Flawed logic.

the reasoning for liking this cartoon is basically the same reasoning for liking any cartoon, TV show, movie, book, or even video game… You know, it could animation, great characters, interesting stories, having an interesting world/universe, specific genre, etc…

So basically, going by your logic… Almost everybody on this planet live miserable lives because of the things they like.

@Userper:

was this a serious thread

this deeply depresses me

not only on every other fucking website, but chiv forums too?

edit yes, I see this is old. still cancer ridden, but old.

Could always not read the thread if ye’ don’t like it?

• The cartoon itself yes it is aimed at 6 year old girls.

Its not because people like a story of a cartoon. Its because of what the particular story and feeling of the cartoon is. Not because they like something but because they like a show about ponies aimed at little girls. Its the opposite of being a man a grown man. That’s what the cartoon is. You can like cartoons fine but that particular cartoon people would see as wrong. That’s natural. Expect it. Deal with it. I mean come on. The fandom may be very “adult” but the actual cartoon itself isn’t. That I know.

Its against all convention and normality. Want to like cartoons that’s fine. If you liked Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh then you may be called childish but many as boys would of watched them at one stage so its not weird in any way. But MLP? Now that is weird.

• spongebob is pretty great

and no this is patrick

• magic conch, should I watch MLP?

fack no…

• Is mayonnaise an instrument?

• See spongebob is a proper cartoon.

• @lemonater47:

See spongebob is a proper cartoon.

its also the most popular children’s TV show in China

• @zombojoe:

its also the most popular children’s TV show in China

• @lemonater47:

But MLP? Now that is weird.

Yes, it’s weird because of how MLP became to be over the generations… It is “the norm” to consider MLP as a pathetic cartoon that only little girls can like. However, anything can break “the norm” or go against it. G4 of MLP did that… It went against what MLP was (and technically, still considered by “the norm”) to become an actual good cartoon (like spongebob, since someone wanna use that example) that anyone can like, if they give it a try and do like cartoons based around on it’s quality, rather than on it’s cover.

It’s just another tale of the same old thing happening again and again… And just like before, I think we all know how it’ll end.

Also, to correct people. Spongebob use to be a good cartoon… It has, so to say, ran it’s course and is nothing more than a “cow” that is to be milked constantly, with the “cow” no longer producing actual good milk anymore… (FYI: the older episodes are good but the newer ones are just completely crap).

• No spongebob is the greatest and will remain so.