Buff metsubishi

• Seriously, I throw it in someones face, and they run in and kill me, it does not do enough, it should slow the character down a bit, or maybe do a tiny amount of damage, not just give the player blurry vision.
    I had some thrown in my face and I was like meh, ok, I’ll attack you now.
    It needs to have more of a flash bang effect like in CS.
    It’s on the brink of useless, especially when it is taking the place of sunstars or another weapon.

• Metsubishi is not something you can block. Adding damage to something unblockable is not a good idea. It disorients enough to do its job, when you get multiple players with it in a group fight, they get fucked up very quickly. Even in 1v1, parry + metsubishi is a rough combo to deal with. Making it any stronger with no ability to avoid it as it is now, is a bad idea. In CS, you can look away from a flash bang, you cannot look away from a metsubishi (plus looking away would just give your attacker a free hit). Good luck parrying an attack from a veteran player after he hits you with a metsubishi, if you just spam at him he will win.

• Maybe it shouldn’t have the same effect as being drunk on rum, but at the same time, I find the tear gas is pretty effective against most players. You usually can get a free hit, if not kill them outright. Most players just spam parry after being blinded. It’s the good ones that parry your attack and fight through it. And keep in mind you’re also a ninja, which is pretty OP already. It sounds like you just want the metsubishi to guarantee a free hit, which is dumb. The most I’d support as far as buffing them would be to give you one extra grenade, and maybe a dizzy effect different from the rum effect for pirates.

• @chivalryinterested:

Seriously, I throw it in someones face, and they run in and kill me, it does not do enough, it should slow the character down a bit, or maybe do a tiny amount of damage, not just give the player blurry vision.
    I had some thrown in my face and I was like meh, ok, I’ll attack you now.
    It needs to have more of a flash bang effect like in CS.
    It’s on the brink of useless, especially when it is taking the place of sunstars or another weapon.

The trouble is, immediately after release, this is exactly how they worked, and they were terribly OP. It guaranteed a long stun on every enemy, which in turn basically guaranteed one or two insta-wins for the ninja in question if they were good. Weapons like the tekko kagi and kama make it just about impossible to give the eggs any stun effect, because of the sheer damage potential they have for such short periods. I agree that they probably need aminor buff, as I rarely see them chosen over the smoke bombs, which are much more often recoverable and useful against virtually all ranged classes, I really can’t think of a way to improve it without taking it back to post-release godhood.

• Global Moderator

Your opponents vision actually goes black temporarily first. They are still useful. Many people panic and either start swinging wildly or mash the parry button.

• I would suggest making it so that you actually have to hit your opponent with it, and then making the blur substantially stronger.

Metsubishi to me, is an anti-noob weapon. It’s only good against inexperienced players. Any player worth his salt will easily fight through it.

• Global Moderator

Makes it harder. Most ninja I see use it use it and then expect their opponent not to fight back at all.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Metsubishi to me, is an anti-noob weapon. It’s only good against inexperienced players. Any player worth his salt will easily fight through it.

I agree, Ive never had a problem fighting under the effects of it.

• In fact, I throw it in someones face, and it actually makes them fight better than they were before, it is bizarre, so seriously buff it a bit, and maybe limit 1-2 instead of 3 useless ones.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.