Bring it back you twits

• Bring back first person death cam, fix and return first person spec mode, and introduce an end play video with epic music in the background.

Reasons: Being jerked out into third person whenever you die is horribly anti climactic and just stupid. It used to be fun to die, like come on.

First Person spec mode is a must to advance the competitive scene, and it would be good for letting newer players ease into the transition of a competitive game.

End play videos would just be really cool, and again, good for competitive scene.

There are literally NO downsides to these changes, only positives. If maybe keep the third person death cam for people who are in third person, but keep the camera on the field of battle, not 40 miles to the left somewhere.

• I agree, with the old death-cam you would really get to experience your death and that made it so much more impactful. Plus it gave you a bit of time to reflect upon whatever mistake led to that death. Now you just get thrown 30 feet ,color is instantly restored, and you really don’t get the sense that the piece of stooping bloody flesh was you.

• @Huggles:

First Person spec mode is a must to advance the competitive scene, and it would be good for letting newer players ease into the transition of a competitive game.

Did that ever work properly? I always noticed that vertical tilt or drags did not ‘transmit’ when spectating in 1st person.

• @Alphonse:

Did that ever work properly? I always noticed that vertical tilt or drags did not ‘transmit’ when spectating in 1st person.

That’s why I said fix it and bring it back

• @Huggles:

First Person spec mode is a must to advance the competitive scene

I realize you just joined the forums, but hopefully you realize there is no competitive scene because a bunch of premadonnas decided one clan was cheating because an account was left is spectator mode while he went to dinner.

• Am I missing something? I see only 3 things, death cam, 1p spec and endplay videos? Not certain what you mean exactly by the endplay video either.

• @gregcau:

I realize you just joined the forums, but hopefully you realize there is no competitive scene because a bunch of premadonnas decided one clan was cheating because an account was left is spectator mode while he went to dinner.

Lol NA. I remember in the 6v6 promod tourney someone had left third person on in the server. I told about it on chat but no one cared and we went on and played the match like nothing happened.

• A working first person spectator camera would be a great addition, but it also might make the game too easy to learn. Everyone would be just spectating good players on duel servers to figure out how they do their thing… or at least that’s what I would do lol. Kinda hard to “watch and learn” from seeing just the 3rd person animations (which barely match 1st person animations).

With that said, yes to all. And as many have suggested, a spectator UI similar to CS:GO would do really well for the competitive scene.

@gregcau:

You’re right, there isn’t. But there could be if TBS added and fixed a couple of things.

• The first person spectator mode will always be plauged by latenecty problems. There really is little to fix, well you can do an aweful lot of work to smooth out the 1st person perspective, but you can’t capture all those little movements a person does.

I’m happy just having it like it was.

First person deaths though, that was great. It always felt far more brutal to be running along and copping a crossbow bolt to the neck or being coat hangered by a messar.

• but it also might make the game too easy to learn. Everyone would be just spectating good players on duel servers to figure out how they do their thing…

“Making the game easier to learn for new players is bad!”

• @Albert!:

Lol NA. I remember in the 6v6 promod tourney someone had left third person on in the server. I told about it on chat but no one cared and we went on and played the match like nothing happened.

LOL o wow! that sort of thing has never happened in NA! We DQ the tourney organizer if something like that happens, and then we report to greg so he can report the clan drama he pretends not to care about

• @Flippy:

“Making the game easier to learn for new players is bad!”

He just doesn’t want to be owned by even more players than currently is the case.

• @gregcau:

There is a competitive scene right now, it just isn’t as large as it could be. We’ve had a few small cash pools, and some gifts. There are like 9 active clans as well, it’s just not too many of them are any good. We would like a large and active competitive scene, which can only be accessed with Torn Banner’s support, and tbh there were many things that went wrong with that first tourney. Height was just awful at managing it, the players weren’t too good at the time, and the player base as a whole, was just not into it.

Now that we’ve had roughly a year and a half to grow, it would be much different if Torn Banner stepped up to the plate. Just because I’m new to the forums doesn’t give m opinions any less weight, as I dare say your input has much credit to it as a whole. You judge by talent, not experience alone. I know people with 400 hours who trash 1600 hours, easy.

• @Jon:

A working first person spectator camera would be a great addition, but it also might make the game too easy to learn. Everyone would be just spectating good players on duel servers to figure out how they do their thing… or at least that’s what I would do lol. Kinda hard to “watch and learn” from seeing just the 3rd person animations (which barely match 1st person animations).

I’m with flippy here, why is it bad for newer players to be able to pick it up easier? They obviously won’t be as good because knowledge is very different from skill, but we should give everyone the knowledge they so desire so they can work on their skill.

Also, when there is “elitism” in the forums, it’s not against the noobs themselves, it’s against shitty opinions which just so happen to come from noobs. If you made an anti feint/drag post, I’d trash you all the same, actually I think we recall doing just that lol.

Sharpest and all those plebs represent less than 10% of the casuals, they just want to know wtf is going on with good players, first person specing would do just that.

We should promise people equal opportunity, but not equal outcome.

• I’m just here to read greg’s crying posts about clans

• What do you mean with “end play video”?

• @afiNity:

What do you mean with “end play video”?

Like at the end of every round there is a small clip of the winning team destroying, and getting that final push. In TO it would be how they got the last obj, and in lts it would be the last 10 seconds. Or, they can just have a highlight reel of the winning team, that would be really cool actually lol.

• Game needs more John Madden

• Fuck whoever voted one