Fortification: TO, Map Contest - [WIP] - Kenilworth

• Fortification:Team Objective Map Contest

WorkIn Progress
    Map:Kenilworth
    GameType: Team Objective

Firsti wanted to say “My left pinky finger, is tired”. Holdingdown the shift button was tiring. Every time i play in a large map, ijust wanted to quit. But that is my own opinion. I created a smallobjective map. Inspired by Kenilworth castle. Lush with gardens, andprestigious Agatha culture.

Iwanted to focus on a small skirmish. Since 32 are the max players onmost server. It will look dense in a small area. I am not good atstory telling, however the idea of it, The Mason Order found a weakspot of the castle. They use their siege towers, with small numbers of soldiers to infiltrate the castle. Once inside, another Mason squad from the opposite side of the castle. Managed to get the Petard inside the castle, however Agatha soldiers was also successfully stopped the Mason squads that was pushing the Petard. Your siege tower team, are the only chance to defeat the Agatha king at, his garden.

Objective:
    -Take Agatha’s Battering Ram and destroy the first gate.
    -Destroy the barricades and push the petard to the second gate.
    -Kill the king

This map is not meant to be accurate like real Kenilworth castle. Again,this is just one of my inspiration. Other references are from Game ofThrones, Adventure Time, and Tornbanner’s Deadliest Warriors.

On the last screenshot “Complications”. I just remove the normal map, however the light bleed still occurs.
    The light went through the meshes. I checked the lightmaps and it looks fine, I even added a roof to the mesh. But the light still goes through the mesh. I need some help on that.

Currently, visually i am done for now. I am more concern on the objectives. Right now i am studying Kismet and Matinee.

Thanks for checking out my map, and I apologize for my bad grammar.

• great!!! I know kenilworth quite well, lovely castle and great events there too :-) The last time I was there there was a reenactment trying to take the walls :-)

I can tell from the pics that it is kenilworth great:-) and wow you have that garden just right!!! very jealous :-)

If I may say I think the wall colour should be a bit redder - just from memory though, its all built in sandstone isnt it?? not that you are trying to be accurate … but well i wondered how it would look??

Complication - are those meshes that cause problems, movers /kactors and dynamic. i can’t really make out what is going on from the picture? yeah more info on this problem and am sure I and other can help….

• That garden looks great!! And what Massive said, have no idea what your showing in the complications pic XD

• “If I may say I think the wall colour should be a bit redder - just from memory though, its all built in sandstone isnt it?? not that you are trying to be accurate … but well i wondered how it would look??”

Thank you. I will play around the texture in material editor. To make the wall look more red color.