The warrior you would add to Deadliest warrior.

• russian men

• Still waiting on my Apaches :/

• Native american.
    mohawk wearing, tomohawk/bow wielding.

• @Loki:

Native american.
    mohawk wearing, tomohawk/bow wielding.

Yes, because the half naked stick/stone wielding Native Americans would be so good against fully armored Spartans/Knights in combat.

Roman Legionaries, please.

• What about steam punk WW1 Germans with gas masks and trench spikes.
    Cavemen with clubs and tiger hides. Specializes in lmb hit trading.
    Peasants with scythes and flails.
    Mage
    Mayans
    Shaolin Monk
    That one African Tribe off of the Deadliest Warrior tv show that had dicks built into their weapons. (yes they’re real)
    Whatever era/location Vlad the Impaler is from.

• If I could pick the next faction to go into CDW it would be the Carthaginians. Look them up, Hannibal, their general, crushed Rome and almost took it over, but was betrayed by politicians at home. They used the famous Carthiginian war elephants. They walked from modern day Tunisia over to rome, and on the way demolished the spanish and french barbarians, and crossed over the alps. They were truly epic warriors

• @Addude14:

If I could pick the next faction to go into CDW it would be the Carthaginians. Look them up, Hannibal, their general, crushed Rome and almost took it over, but was betrayed by politicians at home. They used the famous Carthiginian war elephants. They walked from modern day Tunisia over to rome, and on the way demolished the spanish and french barbarians, and crossed over the alps. They were truly epic warriors

‘Crushed Rome’

You mean, he defeated a few inexperienced Roman politician commanders before being destroyed by a Veteran Legion, while Rome was simultaneously at war with 5 Greek States, Macedon, Seleucia, and annihilating the Carthaginian/Lybian homelands. He then joined Seleucia and was given a position as a Naval commander, where he once again was destroyed by Rome.

Not to mention, Hannibal had almost no Carthaginians in his army, almost all of them were Iberian/Celt/Lybian mercenaries, his famous victories being from Cantabrian cavalry alone. His only real feat was the fact that he managed to lead an army of mercenaries that didn’t even speak the same language, against the most powerful Empire on Earth, and be slightly more annoying than a mosquito bite on the ass for Rome.

He also didn’t have the foresight to bring any siege equipment/extra supplies. Also, once he crossed the Alps, he cut off any way of replenishing his troop numbers. So he was effectively stuck in the homeland of the most powerful Empire on Earth without being able to actually take any towns, because he didn’t have siege equipment, and his cavalry/elephant advantage would be useless against infantry in close quarters. What a brilliant man.

• @Addude14:

If I could pick the next faction to go into CDW it would be the Carthaginians. Look them up, Hannibal, their general, crushed Rome and almost took it over, but was betrayed by politicians at home. They used the famous Carthiginian war elephants. They walked from modern day Tunisia over to rome, and on the way demolished the spanish and french barbarians, and crossed over the alps. They were truly epic warriors

95% of the Carthaginian army that went into to Italy were all foreign mercenaries. Mostly Iberians from Spain. But also made up of numidians, Africans, Gauls and Italians who despised the Romans. And they walked from New Carthage which is modern day Cartagena in Spain.

Hannibal was able to take rome after the battle of cannae. He didn’t want to. He wanted to humiliate rome not destroy them that was his problem. He was able to get reinforcements from Carthage but the Carthaginian senate denied his request and sent a bunch of reinforcements to Spain instead. For no real reason other to piss off Hannibal who they were jealous of. He sent rome terms of surrender. They refused. The Romans would rather fight to the death rather than surrender. But rome had no proper garrison in rome the garrison died with the rest of the 80,000 men at cannae.

Rome was not a super power in 216BC. Rome didn’t even hold the entire Italian peninsula. Carthage’s empire on the other hand went from Lybia to Spain as well as all some islands between there.

Most of his victories were due to the cavalry. The Numidian cavalry was the fastest cavalry in the world and he had them. The cantabrian cavalry were very skilled light Skirmisher cavalry from northern Spain. The numbers were buffed from Celtic light cavalry. But the heavy Iberian lancers and the Carthaginian cavalry which was the only part of the army any Carthaginian served in, were well trained and heavily armoured. Superior to the roman cavalry which were by ancient standards heavy cavalry. But facing Hannibals cavalry mean facing javelins and slings on horseback and then getting smashed by Iberian lancers then having to deal with elite Carthaginians and the fierce Gallic cavalry. All the while still getting things thrown at you. And you couldn’t run as they were faster than you. The Romans lost 2 of their 3 major defeats because of the cavalry. The other they lost because they decided to drown themselves.

Even after rome refused surrender Hannibal still wanted to push rome to surrender. It was too personal. What’s the point in humiliating a whole nation if they are dead. But as he got no reinforcements and was essentially banished to Italy he spent 7 years raiding as his army slowly drifted away. Hannibal could win any open battle with rome. Rome new this so didn’t attack him at all. They just raided Hannibals supply lines which he had and had some minor engagements. By that time there was only 1 elephant left from the original 37. Then the Romans decided to get rid of Hannibal they would send an invasion force to Spain. Which forced the Carthage senate to recall Hannibal and his army. Half his army was Italian or Gaulish so they stayed and went home while Hannibal and the original army what was left of it sailed back to Africa. Where they lost a major battle against roman general who had spent his whole life studying Hannibal. They actually met before the battle where this general called Scipio pointed out he could of taken Rome and wondered why he didn’t. Hannibal didn’t give an answer. Hannibal fled and they eventually found him many years later as an old man. He poisoned himself as the Romans sent to capture him arrived. The Romans burned all of Hannibals letters and notes so most of what we know about him is biased. Only what the Greeks wrote is neutral and actually slightly biased against rome.

You didn’t need siege equipment to sack rome. Rome had outgrown its walls long ago and they eventually couldn’t be bothered making anymore they had enough layers. Barbarians time and time again had all managed to sack rome even past the walls without siege equipment. And the rome Hannibal would of faced would of been almost undefeated against his 40,000 strong veteran army thirsty for plunder.

• How do you nerds know all this shit? “I went to college and majored in Useless Ancient History”. No offence, but do you spend all day on Wikipedia?

• You’re really underestimating the extent to which some people are interested in shit. What I find interesting is how damn near all of them pick a favorite and then defend them to the hilt when it comes to discussions on the internet. Altroll is pretty clearly in the SPQR camp, Japanaboos are a dime a dozen, plenty of people fantasize about Spartans, it never really ends. Interesting stuff.

• @Oy:

How do you nerds know all this shit? “I went to college and majored in Useless Ancient History”. No offence, but do you spend all day on Wikipedia?

Its te easy to learn. And very interesting. Unlike things like maths and English. I’ve never actually properly studies history apart from in social studies in when I was 14-15. Which I topped the class and was 3rd in the year group. It was the only thing at school I was good at. I found any sort of history interesting.

Luckily you weren’t classed as a nerd topping social studies.

But yes on the Internet as Xann said people who focus deeply on one part of history about a group of people they defend them patriotically almost. Like TheMightAtroll there lol. He loves the Romans so much he’s actually exaggerating the Romans.

Hes probably a total war fan. All military history buffs all play total war games.

And discussions about Spartans are hilarious. There are those who studied the Greeks and there are those who think the movie 300 is a history documentary.

• Wait, you mean they didn’t have a giant pit to kick people into? Wtf Hollywood!

Ok tell me something interesting about Vlad the Impaler.

• I miss some native African or American warrior with weapons like blowguns, poison… maybe they could hide with some cool camuflage or somethin like that.

• Personally I’d love to see a Musketeer or a fencer of some sort. Give it a rifle that works like pirate pistol and some different swords. Native American and Zulu warrior would be cool too.

• @SgtCat:

Personally I’d love to see a Musketeer or a fencer of some sort. Give it a rifle that works like pirate pistol and some different swords. Native American and Zulu warrior would be cool too.

Then you get people like this with a really strange sense of history.

• @lemonater47:

But yes on the Internet as Xann said people who focus deeply on one part of history about a group of people they defend them patriotically almost. Like TheMightAtroll there lol. He loves the Romans so much he’s actually exaggerating the Romans.

Hes probably a total war fan. All military history buffs all play total war games.

Total War is wholly inaccurate, and as a result, I don’t care for it much. Total War games ALWAYS over-estimated the capability of cavalry, and ignored the importance of the infantry, if you talk to anyone that plays those games, they believe stirrups were sent to Earth by god himself, and that Lord of the Rings demonstrates proper/realistic usage of cavalry charges. (Always charge nothing but cavalry head first into gigantic compact blobs of heavy infantry with sharp long pointy things, it always works.)

Also, I’m not exaggerating at all. Post-Marian Legions were the shit, yo. Rome was by far the most powerful, and culturally advanced civilization, on Earth. However, I’m also a big fan of the Egyptians and many of the Greek city states. Carthage… was a collection of idiots that had poor foresight, which I can conclude is the major reason behind their complete and utter destruction.

Scipio Africanus was, and still is, the third greatest general in history, second/third only to Alexander of Macedon, and his father Philip, even with his pre-marian legions.

• @Oy:

Wait, you mean they didn’t have a giant pit to kick people into? Wtf Hollywood!

Ok tell me something interesting about Vlad the Impaler.

When the Ottoman sultan Mehmed II sent envoys to Wallachia, it is said that Vlad Tepes ordered their turbans to be nailed to their heads since they refused to remove them (as per their custom), which Vlad took to be a sign of disrespect.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Total War is wholly inaccurate, and as a result, I don’t care for it much. Total War games ALWAYS over-estimated the capability of cavalry, and ignored the importance of the infantry, if you talk to anyone that plays those games, they believe stirrups were sent to Earth by god himself, and that Lord of the Rings demonstrates proper/realistic usage of cavalry charges. (Always charge nothing but cavalry head first into gigantic compact blobs of heavy infantry with sharp long pointy things, it always works.)

Also, I’m not exaggerating at all. Post-Marian Legions were the shit, yo. Rome was by far the most powerful, and culturally advanced civilization, on Earth. However, I’m also a big fan of the Egyptians and many of the Greek city states. Carthage… was a collection of idiots that had poor foresight, which I can conclude is the major reason behind their complete and utter destruction.

Scipio Africanus was, and still is, the third greatest general in history, second/third only to Alexander of Macedon, and his father Philip, even with his pre-marian legions.

Hannibal didn’t face post marian legions didn’t he. That’s what you got all upset about when someone said Hannibal whipped Rome’s arse. Ask any military genius who was better between Hannibal Barca and Publius Cornelius Scipio and its the Carthaginian every time.

The fact that almost all of Carthage’s history was written by Romans doesn’t strike you as it being slightly biased does it?

• @lemonater47:

Hannibal didn’t face post marian legions didn’t he. That’s what you got all upset about when someone said Hannibal whipped Rome’s arse. Ask any military genius who was better between Hannibal Barca and Publius Cornelius Scipio and its the Carthaginian every time.

The fact that almost all of Carthage’s history was written by Romans doesn’t strike you as it being slightly biased does it?

Hannibal’s victories were due to the incompetence of his opponents. He was fighting politicians leading militia. The very first organized and veteran legion he fought, we was devastated, despite outnumbering them. Why? Because he was fighting a superior commander, and a superior army. I respect Hannibal for his ability to lead an army of warriors that didn’t even speak his language across the alps. However, he was anything but an experienced commander. He was a good leader, a foolish man, and a grudge holder. His father was a better commander than he was.

Also, Carthage’s history was written by many sources, including Lybians, and Iberians. Rome discredited Carthage early on, but there were also many fair historians to Carthage, such as Titus Livius on Hannibal. If you want to see bias, look at the records of Caesar’s campaign in Gaul. 90% of it, was written by Caesar.

• @TheMightyAltroll:

Hannibal’s victories were due to the incompetence of his opponents. He was fighting politicians leading militia. The very first organized and veteran legion he fought, we was devastated, despite outnumbering them. Why? Because he was fighting a superior commander, and a superior army. I respect Hannibal for his ability to lead an army of warriors that didn’t even speak his language across the alps. However, he was anything but an experienced commander. He was a good leader, a foolish man, and a grudge holder. His father was a better commander than he was.

Also, Carthage’s history was written by many sources, including Lybians, and Iberians. Rome discredited Carthage early on, but there were also many fair historians to Carthage, such as Titus Livius on Hannibal. If you want to see bias, look at the records of Caesar’s campaign in Gaul. 90% of it, was written by Caesar.

You mean the Romans finally learned after being beaten for 10 years how to defeat Hannibal. Took their bloody time.

He was an intelligent commander who knew when to take risks. Scipio Africanus had studied Hannibal since he was 17. And by the time the battle of Zama happened he had brand new elephants who got freaked by the Romans because they dodged and threw things at them while poking them with pointy sticks. So the elephants turned and ran running over the Carthaginian forces in the process. So by the time they engaged the Romans were no longer outnumbered and the Carthaginian morale already crushed while the Romans were elated that they had seen the elephants off. And since they were on “home” turf they had somewhere to run to.

Scipio was the Romans Hannibal. to defeat the Carthaginians he thought like Hannibal and did exactly what he did to him. Scipio had battles against Hannibal in two major battles before one of them being cannae which is simply known today as “the battle”. Like how the July 2013 patch is just considered “the patch” here the battle of cannae is just the battle.

ALL roman generals were senators even into the imperial age. Pretty much the only way to secure being consul or even to be considered an heir for emperor when the current had no sons required you to be a military leader.