Glitches - Ignoring shields and parries - PLEASE REMOVE

• I know some people will say that what I’m talking about isn’t cheating, but I am of the opinion that it is.

If the only way you can strike me around my shield is to lean at a 90 degree angle to the ground, and horizontal strike directly THROUGH my shield by abusing the physics engine, you are not really winning, you’re just being an asshole.

I would like Torn Banner to remove this possibility from the game.

Ducking swings is one thing - it requires no additional explanation. People can bend forward at the hip, big whoop.

They can’t bend over to the side the same way.

Apart from the suspension of disbelief is the fact that the behavior of the weapon doesn’t stay consistent when you bend. It goes THROUGH the shield once you have sufficiently confused the engine with leans, spins and positioning.

It’s like the spear glitch, where you can hit a person who has their shield up as long as the sprite of your spear is past their shield. Only this is an opportunity for players to COAX the system into working improperly, and thereby gaining an unfair advantage.

I don’t respond well to the argument that ‘everyone can do it’.

Yeah, everyone can spawn camp and ctrl+p racial slurs over and over too, that doesn’t mean we should. There is a sub-community of terrible, unsportsmanlike people who will abuse and extort every possible opportunity to get ahead, even if it means creating a demoralizing experience for other players. I believe that Torn Banner should remove this instance of opportunity for those people.

• @mfboost:

There is a sub-community of terrible, unsportsmanlike people who will abuse and extort every possible opportunity to get ahead, even if it means creating a demoralizing experience for other players. I believe that Torn Banner should remove this instance of opportunity for those people.

Tell me bout it. This can go from HWS, hatchet shield, MAA whoring, greatsw0rds, b0ckswings and hittrades.

The sad thing is that they think they’re good at the game.

• Shields are pretty dumb. Shit occasionally goes right through the center of them, but if they crouch and look up they get invisible walls of protection in places they aren’t even looking.

Some of the issues with getting past blocks by starting swings behind the parrybox were rectified with the added windup parry tracers from the handlehit patch. It is still possible though.

• sorry but what does ctrl+p do exactly? first time I’ve seen that shortcut associated with Chiv.

• Mod

@mfboost:

It’s like the spear glitch, where you can hit a person who has their shield up as long as the sprite of your spear is past their shield.

Drags are glitches, weapons are sprites, what game are you playing?

• Another scrub crying about drags. Move along people nothing to see here.

• How about instead of whining, you start learning how to turn with your blocks?

• Even in tutorial they teach u how to strike around the shield.

• OP, just spin in 360’s while blocking and never take damage again bro

• @50ShadesofClay:

OP, just spin in 360’s while blocking and never take damage again bro

10/10 will try

• I use shields just fine, well except for shithouse shield-raise-time. Maybe you are confusing yourself when you may actually be hit during your shield-up-time delay. It get get pretty close.

The two main ways to get around a shield is by a stab to the right of the shield and draging it towards the left whilst you step forward and right. To defend it, look more to your left.

The other way is the jumpy-stab that sort of goes above your shield, this is a real pain and the brandi is excellent for it. I still have trouble with that.
    Pretty much everything is fairly straight-forward.

The overhead lookdowns you are talking about is not ‘going through the shield’ it is simply that you are not getting the shield up in time because those overhead lookdowns are so damn quick, don’t get so close and shield bash when you are so close.

• @50ShadesofClay:

OP, just spin in 360’s while blocking and never take damage again bro

Don’t forget to crouch and look up, too. You must “feel” the Temporal Warp Field flow through you!

• @H:

Don’t forget to crouch and look up, too. You must “feel” the Temporal Warp Field flow through you!

From your fingertips, into your shoulder, down into your stomach, up your shoulder and then out your fingertips.

You’ll be lucky if you never have to use this move.