Ideaologies

• @Retsnom:

Atheist (believe what the fuck you want, just keep that shit to yourself), constitutional conservative, libertarian who is old enough to know that progressive liberal ideas do nothing but create an ignorant dependent easily controlled society where only those in power want for nothing. They steal from those that produce and give it to those that do not produce. I am also tired of being the world police and would not only abolish the Federal Reserve but I would put all of those bankers in jail. I would kill the IRS as we know it and go to a flat tax for all above the poverty level. Put in place term limits to 12 years for both the house and the senate - no reason for career politicians that create problems then claim that they have the solutions. Very pro gun rights and the war on drugs and poverty is a total failure. Balanced budget amendment along with removing base line budgeting. Keynesian economics sucks balls, it sounds great at first but clearly has failed- debt clock is all you need to know. I would also put all white collar criminals in the general population along with confiscating all their assets equivalent to the amount they stole, lost or spent.

LIBERALISM is a mental disorder.

This is so hilarious because libertarian an caps absolutely adore the free market and all aspects of it, yet they dislike the fed. Lmao, military intervention is a result of free trade and can only be prevented by isolationism, which would impinge on the free market btw. Also corporations will always want to reduce risk and economies of scale will result on monopolizing. Only there are no Government safeguards to prevent one industry controlling the market. Is it really one mans freedom to impinge on others freedoms? Because that’s what happens in a stateless society. Now I’m sure you’re going to point out, those who are greedy will get kicked out of the system, right? Not the case, because in an anarchistic society there are no safeguards to ever prevent this from happening, unless you just want to revolt every time an “evil” corporation comes along to control the market. The nature of corporations makes them profiteers in all aspects, and they will always want to reduce risk. The only way to control their nature and actually make the beneficial and innovative, is with a central Government.

ous to believe that in a completely free society by the people, and for the people that a State like structure wouldn’t emerge from the mess of it all. Who is to say the current markets don’t satisfy demand? If they didn’t I’m almost positive it wouldn’t be the most used structure in almost every civilized part of the world… Stealing? That’s more of a personal belief, but legally that is not the case.

If libertarianism worked, and profitted just as well if not more it would be the prime choice around the woorld. But it doesn’t, and never will. It’s all purely ideological and cannot be practically implemented. Some libertarian ideals and ideas are good, but we should use some of these ideals as a guideline, not a form of Government, or lack of Government.

Also blaming the current economic recession on progressive policies is laughable, as the bubble was created due to deregulation of the private sector which lead to bubbles and inefficient allocation of resources.

Arguing with an ancap is about as effective as arguing with a religious person however, so I cannot do much to change your mental disorder.

We need to expand the markets as far as we possibly can, and implementing libertarian ideas will only limit our possibilities. Especially removing the fed and returning to the gold standard.

It’s as if these an caps and Paul bots think that the very nature of the economy functions differently if you remove the Government.

• He must be the terminator how can he type so fast tbh

• @loin:

He must be the terminator how can he type so fast tbh

Life Hacks

• @loin:

Retsnom will save us hehe. Get him now he is doing a ceo takeover of the off topic threads Huggles your days are numbered !

CEO takeover? I understand what you’re getting at, but you could’ve said the with more of a pun to it. You have brought shame loin, please 4/10 chuckled.

Come on man, I set your bar sooo high too.

• Thought you might want to see this; Stalin on steam forums: http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/522729359125168680/

• You do realize your entire diatribe is totally and completely filled with assumptions and conjecture with little facts. America was founded in liberty and libertarianism. It is what made this country great until the central government got too big and usurped control.

Your assumption that only successful systems are adopted by the whole world is complete fallacy. The US is the great experiment of self rule that is fading away. It was the first time in history where the individual had more rights than the government. Those rights have been stripped away.

You also fail to understand libertarianism. It is for small government not no government. Libertarianism works great, the problem is corruption and bureaucracy run amok. Other countries cannot adopt libertarianism because they come from totalitarian monarchies and dictatorships. The US is the only original system that was designed for self rule and occasionally needs to be refreshed with the blood of patriots. AKA why the right to bear arms was the second amendment to protect the first and all the others.

Stealing? Yes that is what taxes are. The United states didnt have a permanent income tax till 1913. Before that there were temporary taxes to pay for the necessary wars. Shit, we are still paying interest for the first world war. For the majority of our history there were minimum taxes. Ever since the progressive income tax the debt has increased exponentially. So yes Taxes steal from those that create and produce and give it to those that do not, those that receive social assistance. It would be one thing if our taxes were spent responsibly and within budget but this is far from the case. Printing more money that is backed by nothing but “faith” is exactly that, worthless.

If you know anything about the Federal Reserve you would know right away that congress gave up their constitutional rights to a bunch of fucking bankers that have done nothing but get rich beyond anyone’s imaginations. Some are hopeful that they will assert their power and take it back but I have my doubts. But if nothing else the FED needs to be audited and audited often. Who watches the watchers? exactly…. no one.

Sorry kid, but again your lack of knowledge and history is quite obvious. I can clearly show cause and effect of our economic woes directly tied to progressive policies but sadly you will ignore and discredit every source because you have already been indoctrinated to be a non questioning mindless Obama zombie. But educate yourself on base line bugeting and just who exactly deregulated fanny and Freddie which caused the economic collapse, that would be Bill Clinton and Barney Frank who forced banks to make loans to poor people who had no business buying a house. But that is just scratching the surface. Look into the Prussian school system documentary along with “The history of political correctness” You will see that you are goose stepping right in line…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGg-mFBX0Kc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjaBpVzOohs

and Milton Friedman is just a genius….
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMi_G7Htt-I

and follow up with the documentary “Waiting for Superman”

• @Retsnom:

You do realize your entire diatribe is totally and completely filled with assumptions and conjecture with little facts. America was founded in liberty and libertarianism. It is what made this country great until the central government got too big and usurped control.

Your assumption that only successful systems are adopted by the whole world is complete fallacy. The US is the great experiment of self rule that is fading away. It was the first time in history where the individual had more rights than the government. Those rights have been stripped away.

You also fail to understand libertarianism. It is for small government not no government. Libertarianism works great, the problem is corruption and bureaucracy run amok. Other countries cannot adopt libertarianism because they come from totalitarian monarchies and dictatorships. The US is the only original system that was designed for self rule and occasionally needs to be refreshed with the blood of patriots. AKA why the right to bear arms was the second amendment to protect the first and all the others.

Stealing? Yes that is what taxes are. The United states didnt have a permanent income tax till 1913. Before that there were temporary taxes to pay for the necessary wars. Shit, we are still paying interest for the first world war. For the majority of our history there were minimum taxes. Ever since the progressive income tax the debt has increased exponentially. So yes Taxes steal from those that create and produce and give it to those that do not, those that receive social assistance. It would be one thing if our taxes were spent responsibly and within budget but this is far from the case. Printing more money that is backed by nothing but “faith” is exactly that, worthless.

If you know anything about the Federal Reserve you would know right away that congress gave up their constitutional rights to a bunch of fucking bankers that have done nothing but get rich beyond anyone’s imaginations. Some are hopeful that they will assert their power and take it back but I have my doubts. But if nothing else the FED needs to be audited and audited often. Who watches the watchers? exactly…. no one.

Sorry kid, but again your lack of knowledge and history is quite obvious. I can clearly show cause and effect of our economic woes directly tied to progressive policies but sadly you will ignore and discredit every source because you have already been indoctrinated to be a non questioning mindless Obama zombie. But educate yourself on base line bugeting and just who exactly deregulated fanny and Freddie which caused the economic collapse, that would be Bill Clinton and Barney Frank who forced banks to make loans to poor people who had no business buying a house. But that is just scratching the surface. Look into the Prussian school system documentary along with “The history of political correctness” You will see that you are goose stepping right in line…

and Milton Friedman is just a genius….
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMi_G7Htt-I

and follow up with the documentary “Waiting for Superman”

George Washington actually sided with Alexander Hamilton more often than Thomas Jefferson. America from the start adopted this libertarian pathway as you put it. However this mini experiment failed, as lack of a strong Government ultimately resulted in economic desirability, and Shay’s revolt. George Washington agreed with Alexander Hamilton far more than he did with Jefferson. What separated these two men, was that Alexander Hamilton envisioned America as a world power, and predicted that one day inter dependent economies would make America the world’s strongest power, alongside a little bit of debt.

Frankly if you think an caps and extremist Paul bots aren’t anti federal Government, I dare say you haven’t met many an caps. I’ll agree Monarchies and Dictator ships aren’t the way to go at all, it’s a just, limited federal Government. It’s also true that Government shouldn’t be able to override states on every decision, but guess what they don’t. You’re argument for pro arms doesn’t have much weight to it, I’ll agree with you we shouldn’t take arms away. Just large scale background checks, and waiting periods. The criminally insane obviously shouldn’t be able to bare arms, neither should people with a very bad past of violence.

Yea, no absolutely false. The Fed does have the ability to print money with the push of aa button, and I understand why that would scare some economically illiterate an caps. The notion hat they can print without actually backing up the money? Totally false, the banks ability to create welath is soley based off of the amount of reserves customers have deposited within them. Also I hope you know new wealth is generated when someone is born actually. Would you rather have the Government’s Treasury initiate currency, which ultimately leads to political corruption and desirability? The very same thing you criticize? Also a common fallacy is that JFK was somehow against banking, which is totally false. JFK agreed with the fed on nearly every single issue, and actually wrote the executive order to allow the fed to initiate MORE currency. So libertarianism should be supporting the fed, not criticizing it. I can make the same argument you’re are making for corporations and we both know that’s false. Congress is still responsible for the debt and the funds given every year. The fed is only responsible for about 7% of the debt. I have no idea where you got that shit from, probably the conspiracy video inspired by McFadden, who was actually working for the fed so…. The fed is actually already audited every single year by independent firms, this whole system of checks and balances is why the Government works the way it does. It’s is not the few over many when you really think about it. Public interests, Governmental interests, and private interests all inspire the policies driven by the Government as a whole. You have to appease the public, and the lobbyists whilst maintaining a sense of practicality. There are plenty of websites that clearly state how the economic recession started. Now correlation doesn’t always mean causation, but there is no way you can actually argue that some how progressive policies led to the recession. Red congress, red president, I mean come on.

Bill Clinton wasn’t a progressive or a Keynesian buddy… Yes that was a bad decision, however deregulation turned a controllable situation into an unprecedented recession. What you saw before regulation, was just the business cycle as usual.

Friedman is a fucking joke, however in order to make my argument credible you’ll have to hear how every single mistake in his thinking ultimately leads to him being labeled as economically illiterate.

• The United States shouldn’t have states.

The United State of America.

• Who forgot the custard creams then ?

• Ok, so now to debunk friedman. One of his main arguments, was that the CEO is employed by the shareholders. Which is obviously entirely false, the executive is employed by the corporation which is well known by anyone even slightly familiar with the law regarding business.He also implies that somehow, organizations are illusions set fourth by law. WWhich might be how he got to the first conclusion, however this claim in itself is obviously false as well. Yet, his entire argument is based off of the law of agency. Isn’t that a legal fiction as well? Of course not, yet he seems to believe the law is somehow workable in certain premises and not in others. Which all comes back to your original argument which suggested that somehow taxes were considered stealing. But wait, how did the wealth of the corporation somehow become the stockholders wealth? It doesn’t. Friedman’s fallacies continue to persist despite lack of understanding of basic premises. He then goes on to state, that as long as corporations lower the wages of their employees they are spending their money. Hold the phone, how did the stockholder’s money somehow become the people’s money? In this backwards libertarian world the money is anyone’s money except for the corporation itself which actually owns the money.

Unfortunately, his stupidity was a major influence on the world causing Ronald Reagen to support him in the sense that the big bad Government is the source of all our problems etc. Which resulted in this idea of trickle down economics, which by the whooping majority of economists is considered to be the biggest joke all time. Wealth does not “trickle down” or at least not in the manner that Friedman dictated.

Under the shareholder value theory

• @lemonater47:

The United States shouldn’t have states.

The United State of America.

What’s your reasoning for this?

• @Retsnom:

Are you seriously comparing America to Nazi Germany? Not only does this make you look like a fool, this is just the most non patriotic trash I’ve ever seen in all of my life. How dare you call yourself a patriot? Thomas Jefferson would exile you himself if he saw how ridiculous your claims are. You slander the very foundation on which this country was built upon, and spit in the general direction of your fore fathers. You weep for Milton Friedman and you curse your fathers. Is this nothing but a game for you? Is your insincerity really that extenuate?

• UK should called the United Counties of Kingdom, or UCK. Heck why not make it the Federation of United Counties of Kingdom.

• @Huggles:

What’s your reasoning for this?

Cause less division.

Then again Americans are some of the most unnecessarily patriotic people ever. I suppose it is necessary to stop everyone hating each other being in different states. You all take political views all too seriously. Politics in America really seems like “who” will benefit instead of “how” will everyone benefit.

Also much of the constitution needs to be abolished or is in severe need of being updated. Its almost 250 years old for crying out loud. Take guns for example. At the time the constitution was made the colonies had just declared war against ancestors so every man actually NEEDED a gun. And guns back in 1776 tended to be muskets in untrained hands it could barely fire 2 rounds a minute, in trained hands 3 rounds a minute. Muskets were also only effective at 80-100 feet. Compare that to the weapons of today with fire rates of 1000 rounds per minute and an effective range of 5000 feet. And any old fool can et himself a weapon. To use against who? American has never been invaded. Its also only been bombed once in 1944 by a Japanese pilot dropping 4 napalmed in a forest, 3 failed to go off and the 4th went off right next to a rural fire station. You only have guns to protect yourself against other Americans with guns that have a gun with the same rights as you. 32,000 people in the US were killed by guns in 2010. The UK 165 people died to guns in 2010. Most western countries have gun deaths per 100,000 people at around 0.2-1 people per 100,000. The US is 10 people die out of 100,000. 10 times more than the next western country. Eastern Europe actually does better. Many parts of the Middle East when there isn’t a war on have a lower death rate to fire arms than the US. Even Syrias first two years of conflict had less gun deaths than America gets in a year. The only countries worse than the US are South Africa and half of South America where there’s enough gun deaths to be a war on. Drugs and large cultural differences.

• Opening this thread has made me stupider. Thank god I didn’t actually read it.

• @lemonater47:

Cause less division.

Then again Americans are some of the most unnecessarily patriotic people ever. I suppose it is necessary to stop everyone hating each other being in different states. You all take political views all too seriously. Politics in America really seems like “who” will benefit instead of “how” will everyone benefit.

Also much of the constitution needs to be abolished or is in severe need of being updated. Its almost 250 years old for crying out loud. Take guns for example. At the time the constitution was made the colonies had just declared war against ancestors so every man actually NEEDED a gun. And guns back in 1776 tended to be muskets in untrained hands it could barely fire 2 rounds a minute, in trained hands 3 rounds a minute. Muskets were also only effective at 80-100 feet. Compare that to the weapons of today with fire rates of 1000 rounds per minute and an effective range of 5000 feet. And any old fool can et himself a weapon. To use against who? American has never been invaded. Its also only been bombed once in 1944 by a Japanese pilot dropping 4 napalmed in a forest, 3 failed to go off and the 4th went off right next to a rural fire station. You only have guns to protect yourself against other Americans with guns that have a gun with the same rights as you. 32,000 people in the US were killed by guns in 2010. The UK 165 people died to guns in 2010. Most western countries have gun deaths per 100,000 people at around 0.2-1 people per 100,000. The US is 10 people die out of 100,000. 10 times more than the next western country. Eastern Europe actually does better. Many parts of the Middle East when there isn’t a war on have a lower death rate to fire arms than the US. Even Syrias first two years of conflict had less gun deaths than America gets in a year. The only countries worse than the US are South Africa and half of South America where there’s enough gun deaths to be a war on. Drugs and large cultural differences.

I agree with much of what you said, however America was invaded by Great Britain under John Adams I believe. I disagree where you seem to believe that military strength isn’t necessary. A strong military helps with scientific advancement and ability to maintain order. Speak softly and carry a big stick as they say.

A strong sense of patriotism is also healthy as it helps lessen this division you seem to care about. The division is the North/South not individual states btw. Same grudge which has been carried on for almost 2 centuries. It isn’t going to go away soon, and I doubt either side want’s to completely unify. We are basically already unified, this would just leave a long lasting print in the back of their minds that would never go away. Best to let things be.

I agree the constitution is outdated, however the very principles it leaves certainly aren’t. We need to loosely interpret it as all. Libertarians are to the constitution, as evangelicals are to the bible. Which isn’t healthy for adaptability.

• @BillDoor:

Opening this thread has made me stupider. Thank god I didn’t actually read it.

Only thing worse than having an awful opinion, is ignoring all opinions.

• So sorry to disappoint you, oh master of political thought on a game forum. Truly, you are changing the world here.
    Oh and the Constitution isn’t outdated.

• @BillDoor:

So sorry to disappoint you, oh master of political thought on a game forum. Truly, you are changing the world here.
    Oh and the Constitution isn’t outdated.

I don’t know who is worse. Nohbdy with his massive ego and anti-social personality, or Huggles with his “Murica is the greatest country ever” jargon.

• I thought they are both anti social beta fedora tippers