Cooked map issues
Hey guys, I ran into a very frustrating problem…
My map doesn’t work when uploaded to the workshop.
In the offline/editor version of the map, everything works fine. The map has a few flying dragons I extracted from Skyrim and they fly around using matinees in kismet. Their models, textures and animations are all extracted from a package that comes with the map. (.upk)
When I put this map online on a server however, one of 2 things happen.
1)The server times out upon mapchange to my own map and I get kicked with the usual “No connection” message.
2)The server goes back to it’s first map in the map rotation and shows me this error:
It’s really frustrating. What seems to fix it, partially, is to set the dragon animation matinee’s to Client-side.
The map still works in single-player and in the editor. However, now the problem is:
None of the dragons actually execute the matinee and remain in their T-pose for the entire map. Their start event is as soon as the map loads/resets, but it doesn’t seem to work on the client side version.
So I can choose between having a map that doesn’t even load or a map that breaks the few things that made me spend over 2 days to actually get into the map.
What could be causing the error? Is it because I’m using a package with custom assets? It’s weird, because the models and textures work fine. The animations are probably fine as well, but the map just doesn’t execute them.
Phew, long post. I hope some of you on this forum can immediately point me to what I did wrong, because I’m completely clueless.
Even when converting it all to client-side, which is hardly a solution, I keep getting this error now too. Whatever I do, the error occurs when loading the map on the server.
I also already tried:
*Uploading the map to the workshop, categorized as a map that requires a mod to run(the mod being Sky.upk). Oddly enough there was no major difference, just the same error.
*Opening the package sky.upk that gets exported and re-downloaded from the cooked map when subscribed to the workshop item. It’s the exact same package; the animations that fail to play are all still in there.
So to summarize: The dedicated server can’t play the newly added animsets, forcing an “Invalid SDK Map”-error and as such rendering the map unplayable in multiplayer.
Anyone with an idea for what to do now? Because I’m still quite clueless.
MassiveChaos last edited by
It sounds suspiciously like a workshop type error. Have you only got 1 workshop item with thus in?
Check the package name us uniquie … maybe sky.upk change to something longer?
Just an idea but i would rule this out first
Otreum last edited by
It’s worth a shot.
I already followed these steps manually Otreum. But thanks for all the suggestions thus far.
Honestly, I figured out the problem just now and am quite ashamed to say it. You guys probably couldn’t have figured this out without more information, and I should have checked earlier before renaming packages and changing links and stuff.
Problem = Workshop item was set to “Hidden”.
Not even kidding. I assumed that option was only for the actual workshop page, not the content itself. But it worked after setting it to “Public”.
Now I understand why KyWild’s exp mod was just a descriptionless workshop item without image, instead of just a hidden item.
Still though, thanks guys. It’s great to have some very experienced users on this forum that aren’t all harassing other posters in discussion boards :)
MassiveChaos last edited by
ah - that’s why my latest secret test kicked up an error on a map change - thanks!!!