[WIP] Fortification Map - Corisca

• Released to the Steam Workshop here : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=274985076

Important Note : All objectives work. But the game will end if you are playing solo on attacker side with bots when the ram gets to the castle gate.

Pronunciation : “Kor - is - ka”
    ~Foritfication Map Contest~
    Team Objective Map - Corisca
    Number of players : 32 Possible
    Number of Objectives: 4 to 5
    Bot Support: Pending

Objectives:
    1.) Take the town square (Working)
    2.) Kill the nobility (Working)
    3.) Push the Battering ram up the hill (Working)
    A.) Break the gate to get into the courtyard. (Working)
    4.) Kill Baron Fichtner ( Working)

How to play it solo :

Load map by opening console with the tilde “~” and then type Open AOCTO-Corisca_p, once the map is loaded, pick a team, open the console again and type “addbots #” # = any number value.

Sound Source: Ocean - By Slanesh (https://www.freesound.org/people/Slanesh/sounds/31762) 
                         Fountain - by Pcaeldries (http://freesound.org/people/pcaeldries/sounds/37209/)
    License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
    Texture Source : Main Landscape Grass - Jean-Marie  

• Update from the last week of work! Gameplay mechanics coming up soon. Edit: Image Links Fixed.

• Okay I am having some problems setting up the objectives for whatever reason. I’ve followed the how to stuff but it seems only the first objective I have setup is the only one that wants to work. I have a peasant-kill objective second and the hudmarker shows up, but the peasants don’t spawn.

Kismet looks like this :

Anyone have any idea’s what’s going wrong?

• My objective A to objective B links like this:

Obj A Complete Event => Activate Primary Obj Stage with Obj B as Variable

No gate, toggle, etc between them. You can use the “out” of the “Act. Prim Obj” to go on npc spawn, turn on huds, triggers etc.

• @KingJoff:

My objective A to objective B links like this:

Obj A Complete Event => Activate Primary Obj Stage with Obj B as Variable

No gate, toggle, etc between them. You can use the “out” of the “Act. Prim Obj” to go on npc spawn, turn on huds, triggers etc.

Thank you for the reply. I have tried that and a number of other different connections to the spawners to no avail. It seems that using any of the regular AOC AI - Spawn NPC Kill Objective or Spawn NPC yields nothing as far as function. I can seem to use “Spawn Standard Bot - Kill Objective” but they don’t use the move to nodes, and just stand there.

Is something broken or have I setup the spawn NPC wrong?

• @Nexussfire:

I can seem to use “Spawn Standard Bot - Kill Objective” but they don’t use the move to nodes, and just stand there.

uh i saw you use “Set NPC Move Target” but you should use “Set NPC Move Target”. Confusing eh? :-)

New Action>AOC AI> Set NPC Move Target

Forget the AOC NPC stuff.

• Okay thanks for that very useful bit of info! Wiki needs some vid tutorials I think. Now the Spawn NPC Kill objective still doesn’t work, should I just skip it and use the Basic bot for now? I’m a little confuzzled about their own kismet strings not working like they say they shoud.

Edit : Figured it out! For some reason they didn’t want to spawn on their path nodes, so I tried using a note actor as their spawn points and now all works! Huzzaah!

• Idk i have to see more kismet.
    The best way is to open the tutorial/wikimaps to see how they set everything up.

• So I’m about done doing details, and I have most of the objectives setup. I’m just having a problem getting the battering ram registering on the gate to the castle. Anyone have any tips about getting this to work correctly?

• I’ve gotten the map uploaded, but as mentioned in my last post I’m having trouble with the ram doing damage to the gate, specifically not doing anything to it at all. Anyway… got another decent screen from in-game this time.

• You must put the light off. No need of it in the day.

• Thanks for your feedback Bardaf.

But don’t worry, the electric bill wont go up leaving the light on.

• New Ocean Shader. Little more color than the previous shader from TB’s material library. This one uses only one texture to create the effect.

• Update 6/27/2014 - All Objectives are working.

• Fixed All Objectives to working state
    • Tweaked AI Pathing, Bots mostly find their way around. Agatha bots are still a bit clueless.
    • Tweaked lighting build one more time.

I don’t know how well it performs on average, if anyone else could give some feedback on that I’d appreciate it. It’s good to go for full testing!

• That water looks amazing.

• The bots were really hard to find when I played it earlier today. It might be good to have more pockets of peasants, rather than having them tucked away.

• @Lucas:

The bots were really hard to find when I played it earlier today. It might be good to have more pockets of peasants, rather than having them tucked away.

Thank you for the feedback! I’ll cluster them closer to the main square.

~ Update ~

• Moved the Peasant bots closer to the main square from the west (coastline) end of the map. Left the easterly peasants where they were.

• Fixed matinee / trigger volume registering when players are in/out of the volume so it should stop correctly now.

• Regular bots are still derpy despite optimizations to navmesh. Additional AI settings will need to be setup but I don’t quite understand just how that all works.

• Updated Lighthouse mesh to be more aesthetically pleasing

• Updated some terrain, added a few new small bodies of water in appropriate places.

• Post processing tweaked to deepen the colors and shadows across the map.

Bug: Lightbuilds are not fixing some lightmaps on the stonewalls placed around the level so they appear fully lit on one side even though they should be shadowed. Adjusting light angle doesn’t seem to address this problem either.

• Water does look great!!

• Final upload has gone up.

Changes include:

• Fixed battering ram not stopping when no one was near it.
    • Fixed numerous light bugs (a few left that spite my attempts to remedy them.)
    • Redid some AI pathing, though how good it’ll do I have no idea.
    • Added LTS mode (working)
    • Added TD mode (needs fixing)

And good luck to everyone who entered, this has been a fun project and a nice UDK refresher.

• hey i have tested a part of your map before

Visually top!

Gameplay has some issues:
    1. corisca is huge. i felt lost… well i was alone :P it seems you can go everywhere, maybe you should limit it to the areas that are needed for the current objective.
    2. i started as Agatha: taking the capture point was fine. Then i had to kill the nobles but i got minus points for each kill. After killing 4-5 nobles i have been looking for more but couldnt find anymore. A progress bar or counter telling you how many nobles to kill would be great.