Seriously planned out mod, looking for opinions & help from the chivalry community.

• Dear ladies & gents

I am considering to make a mod that is similar to c-rpg.
    this is why i need to know what is doable or not.

Anyone interested in helping out this project is always welcome.

things i’d like to add:

1. adding animals?
    2. how to make functional hunger & thirst.
    3. How to mod crafting in game? (simple dumb crafting)
    4. adding inventory based on weight (bags etc)

The fact that mount & blade had some popularity throughout the years, it was because of the mod c-rpg. and by creating something similar to it the game might have a comeback.

And if anyone knows a helper in the chivalry community who knowsabout:
    map design, coding, high interest in making the mod of the crpg, please show them this post.

I am seriously trying to find the people who are dedicated enough to help me make this little project which will be highly popular among the c-rpg players & veteran chiv players.

Sincerely

Mao

• 1. Yes, with actor factory, skeletal meshes and some actor classes setup with unreal script.
    2. Unreal Script, Actor Classes, Some UI work for meters
    3. Unreal Script, Actor Classes setup
    4. Unreal Script, Scaleform UI.

Can all be done. In general, this is how most games are made using unreal Engine.

• you would need to remake the class system and add a avatar based inventory slot system, where u can pick up weapons, customize armor etc.

• Hey I realy think that this should happen to Chivalry. It has tons of potential for and cRPG like game that has yet to be unlocked.

I would keep it simple at first, just like in cRPG.

Build the basics, customization module, ingame interface for leveling up, how does leveling up affect your character etc

I think that is the most important part of cRPG your customizable character. Animals n stuff comes way later down the road.
    Its also easier to for new people to like. They play Chivalry but now they can level up and make their character stronger and buy all of these things just by playing TO or LTS. That is the key aspect of cRPG. The whole gameplay of Warband stays rather similar but the leveling up and customization all ads meaning to the gameplay on an individual level. This will keep people playing.

I found some more topics which you should check out:

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19993-Persistent-RPG-mod-(leveling-up-buying-and-upgrading-armor-and-weapons-etc-)?highlight=crpg

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/5961-cRPG-bringing-back-those-hardcore-fans

This sums it up pretty good imo:

@Sophax:

I’ve thought about this and it would be realy cool but I don’t think we have the same dedicated players/modders like we do have in Warband.

It realy is alot of work to setup up and maintain such a project but I would nontheless support it if there were enough competent people involved.

Another issues is the lack of custom models in which you can fancy yourself into. There is only one custom weapon model I know of, besides that nobody, to my knowledge, has tried to create custom models. However “Crushed’s Weapons Mod” does provide some good alternatives.

I also think Chivalry doesn’t make use of a modular system besides the weapons and helmets AFAIK.

The battles would have to be on a much smaller scale though. I would say max 40ish players but even thats enough for sieges and last team standing modes.

Again its alot of work and you’d need an experienced programmer to make it anything like cRPG but its still possible.

Anyways I would love to help out in any way I can if time allows it (you can always pm me), be sure to update this thread if you have news.

• Hey I realy think that this should happen to Chivalry. It has tons of potential for and cRPG like game that has yet to be unlocked.

Build the basics, customization module, ingame interface for leveling up, how does leveling up affect your character etc

I think that is the most important part of cRPG your customizable character. Animals n stuff comes way later down the road.
    Its also easier to for new people to like. They play Chivalry but now they can level up and make their character stronger and buy all of these things just by playing TO or LTS. That is the key aspect of cRPG. The whole gameplay of Warband stays rather similar but the leveling up and customization all ads meaning to the gameplay on an individual level. This will keep people playing.

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19993-Persistent-RPG-mod-(leveling-up-buying-and-upgrading-armor-and-weapons-etc-)?highlight=crpg

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/5961-cRPG-bringing-back-those-hardcore-fans

@Sophax:

I’ve thought about this and it would be realy cool but I don’t think we have the same dedicated players/modders like we do have in Warband.

It realy is alot of work to setup up and maintain such a project but I would nontheless support it if there were enough competent people involved.

Another issues is the lack of custom models in which you can fancy yourself into. There is only one custom weapon model I know of, besides that nobody, to my knowledge, has tried to create custom models. However “Crushed’s Weapons Mod” does provide some good alternatives.

I also think Chivalry doesn’t make use of a modular system besides the weapons and helmets AFAIK.

The battles would have to be on a much smaller scale though. I would say max 40ish players but even thats enough for sieges and last team standing modes.

Again its alot of work and you’d need an experienced programmer to make it anything like cRPG but its still possible.

Anyways I would love to help out in any way I can if time allows it (you can always pm me), be sure to update this thread if you have news.

• Thanks for the reply,

could you provide me concrete information or advice how to make this happen? links etc would be great
    And i would like to know also how to interact with objects.

• Most of the documentation that is up is for UDK 4, but the concepts/processes aren’t changed too much.

https://www.unrealengine.com/products/udk/documentation
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/VideoTutorials.html

Basically everything you want to do will require you to learn some unrealscript. Everything in the game uses a system called “Actor Class” which is what tells the game engine what the object is supposed to do. You’ll have to write code for each class you want to add into the game as well as some code to tell the game how to handle it.

If you know Java or Java Script or even something like C++ you’ll be even better off in this sort of endeavor. UnrealScript isn’t too different from these things as far as the logic and syntax goes.

And you would not have to remake the inventory system, by the way. You could append or as you’ll see in many UScript files Extend the existing inventory and add onto it.

@Sophax: