GS accels

• Are they ever gonna fix them? It kills my mood when I get killed by an accel. These things are just as bad as handlehits and to say it’s “not an issue” is only making you look like a retard. I get that they can be parried, but not 100% of the time. More like 50%.

There’s no animation visible on the player that would indicate they’re going for an accelerated overhead, which makes it even harder to predict just how early or late you should parry. It looks like they’re going for a regular overhead and boom, you’re dead. I’ve even seen some people start their overhead as a delay and accelerate it after wind up to an instant hit.

pls fix

• in b4 “git gud”

• I’d agree that GS overhead windup could be slightly longer, but this thread mostly looks to be a whinge about lookdowns or accelerated attacks in general.

• But srsly, I don’t think your opinions are valued here as much, Jon, it’s been proven that most of what you complain about is just due to your lack of skill… although you do have a somewhat valid point in that the GS needs a slight speed nerf, specifically in the overheads.

• @JimmyTryhard:

GS needs a slight speed nerf, specifically in the overheads.

^ this
    /10characters

• How to git gud:

Step 1: Jump into your favourite Duel Server
    Step 2: Pick Greatsword Vanguard
    Step 3: Lookdown overhead on every riposte
    Step 4: ez win

• Mod

Greatsword look down overheads are fucked. No animation half the time. Increase the windup time. Cheers.

• Yea its realy rediculous.

• Release animations seem to skip frames, i don’t know how it looks with a 144-120hz monitor

• “Instant” lookdowns aren’t that bad on most weapons as long as you’re under 50 ping and your opponent isn’t skipping or desyncing

As is apparent, people here will agree with you on Greatsword being stupid though lol. I have a good feeling it will be looked at in patch 29 or 30.

• greatsword is retarded

• There will be so many tears from average players when it is finally nerfed.

• @CRUSHED:

greatsword is retarded

I think you misspelled “fine & balanced”.

Just like light crossbow.

• @CRUSHED:

greatsword is retarded

great sword is great.

• Greatsword over head beat my norse sword, with a shield as knight :/

• @CRUSHED:

greatsword is retarded

gr8sword is balance

• Nerds who crutch on lookdown overheads on the greatsword aren’t greatsword users at all. They don’t fully utilize the greatness of the greatsword, which therefore makes them not great, and if they aren’t great, they aren’t greatsword users. It’s all a science you see.

• @Biscuit_buddy:

Nerds who crutch on lookdown overheads on the greatsword aren’t greatsword users at all. They don’t fully utilize the greatness of the greatsword, which therefore makes them not great, and if they aren’t great, they aren’t greatsword users. It’s all a science you see.

pro tip: play gr8sword in 3rd person

• @elwebbaro:

How to git gud:

Step 1: Jump into your favourite Duel Server
    Step 2: Pick Greatsword Vanguard
    Step 3: Lookdown overhead on every riposte
    Step 4: ez win

It’s actually more deadly if you DON’T always riposte of a GS overhead because most of the time your enemy will parry anyway since they don’t always have enough time and may panic parry…

• I can’t bring myself to use the greatsword, it’s too good. That overhead is basically a get out of jail free card when you fuck up. Opps my opponent got in too close with his fast weapon, he is gunna at least trade or flinch me with his fast weapon, LOL nahh Greatsword overhead lookdown attack engage, BAM I win. back to combo spamming!

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.