IsIn ObjectList - How to use correctly this Action? - PLS advice

• Hello

it won’t run through that node
    What am I doing wrong?

Anyone spot it pls?

• Your set up is fine. It checks to see if the actor who triggered the volume is in the same objectlist that is linked to players touching the boat.

I have issues with my triggers where sometimes they just flat out will not work, even blocking volumes being silly until I rebuild geometry. Then after rebuilding, they might still fail on me, so I copy the volume, I delete it, then I paste the volume back into the level, re-assign it to the touch node in kismet and all works fine then.

You should debug your triggers by attaching a message to them to say that the trigger is actually working.

• yeah had a similar issue, had to just delete trigger volume and kismet nod. remade exactly the same and it worked……

• thank you guys :)

I just…
    I can’t xD…
    I rely can’t :DDD…

after this map I’m gonna learn Blender and then am gonna make “Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry” map pack
    cuz it will best represent this SH.T if you understand me :D…

okay, problem is I have done this
    _**
    “You should debug your triggers by attaching a message to them to say that the trigger is actually working.”

**_and hence that I am 100% sure trigger volume works also pressing Button works only thing that crashes is IsIn ObjectList condition
    Modify objectlist work cuz I use it also in other places and it wokrs
    just this IsIn objectlist I’ve used 1st time now and it does not work hue hue :D

other option is to not make it as pressing button but player would hit sail (with fists),
    so I don’t have to check objectlist cuz only one who can hit sail is 100% on board but with keyboard button it would be more PRO though… hmmm…

after all experience with this UDK am not gonna risk deleting triger volume and pasting its copy
    as it would be great risk that it wont work anymore
    (again - I have made more than is good ridicoulous amount of attempts to get working volume :D)
    and this trigervolume works :D

btw blocking volumes fuuuu…

yestready I’ve done similar thing like u Otreum, but to me it didn’t fix :D

as I ve discovered recently counter-troll-trick to all UDK’s trolling-tricks - there is setting in properties (for volumes things) “Priority” and sth like "Transcluent Priority"
    after changing from default “0” to some random values (107,106…102 :D) it fix some random things
    so I’ve started “fixing”

this fixed random Untouch event from TriggeerVolumes I was getting with my boat’s system…
    when apparently I didn’t exit volume
    I had also screens but as I fixed it I deleted them so can’t show you

and don’t want to try to reproduce that bug again as it could be considered as blasphemy to Gods
    and after all those months finally I’m in favour with Gods so not gonna risk it :D

and these random Priority values unfortunately dont fix Blocking bolumes :(
    so I changed back to default 0
    I added to boarders GameCameraBlockingVolumes to “enforce” reliability

I was googling also in general about these UDK issues and many ppl have problems with diseapring brush
    and also many ppl with these blocking volumes so it seems to be some Offcial quirk of this engine :D
    (Well done EPIC guys :D)

but I have realy realy huge those blocking volumes (boarders of map)
    and they are overlaping so this may cause problem even its not logical
    but I compare to other Blocking volumes in my map that works
    and difference is Volumes which do not work are Extra large + overlaping with another extra large volumes
    so I ill try then to make it with only 1 Piece of volume using Geometry tool to “model it”

and if even this wont work Ill try to add brush there with invis material
    and if even this not then to convert that brush to static mesh

and if even this wont work then F.K UDK and my map will be border less :D….
    I will add just Lava volumes on boarders and will pray to gods to get working Lava volume :D

BTW
    when I work in kismet and I use something often I copy it many times and then reasign
    don’t want to Right clik and then navigate through another 4 groups to make another left klik to add some Action to kismet

do you think some pointers in internal programming of UDK could be messed up and this could cause all these ridiculous ILlogical issues?

if yes then I can throw all my kismet to Trash Bin and start again from “Zero” : /

• How are you verifying that the node isn’t working? Also, are you running into issues with that switch? It seems like that portion of the kismet would break if the button is pressed multiple times.

• it should toggle hide unhide some interpactors

I verified it via subcroshair mesages

the image above works because of direct debuging link from Event Pressed to Switch
    as long as I delete it it doesnt work
    I have also mesages when I enter and exit boat’s triger volume so I know that it works

If is some bug in adding me as object to object list I dont know
    but in other cases I used modify object list same way and it worked

I’'ve tested just solo, no bots so I am only 1 object
    but it should workk also for unlimited amount of players at least I suposed

I just press once…. and nothing am not pressing very fast but even I would have done it shoudnt be a problem no Delays anymore :D

and

**_“It seems like that portion of the kismet would break if the button is pressed multiple times.”

_**why, I don’t understand what you mean?

it should just toggle, switch is looping

any time any player on a particular boat (they are colected in object list) when press F2 then providing he is in object list it will hide / unhide…

it works when I exclude IsIn Objectlist action that’s why I suppose there is problem

but duno I just guess… it’s weird

thanks for reply :)

• Oh woops I didn’t understand this correctly. It looks like the outputs would be switched if anyone ever pressed the button and was NOT on the list for whatever reason.

Try using Broadcast Message or Display Text to Team instead of subcrosshair text so that you can get a chronological display of what nodes are firing and when like this so you can see if there are any weird race conditions going on.

• @Jonks!:

Oh woops I didn’t understand this correctly. It looks like the outputs would be switched if anyone ever pressed the button and was NOT on the list for whatever reason.

Try using Broadcast Message or Display Text to Team instead of subcrosshair text so that you can get a chronological display of what nodes are firing and when like this so you can see if there are any weird race conditions going on.

ohh yeah sory I should have mentioned image is already debuguing stage…

that’s very good idea, thanks
    I tried it

though it supports theory IsInobject list is bugged…

or problem with adding me to list?

but I am using that node (Modify ObjectList) aswell for sailing
    and I was sailing… so :D
    if I were not in Object list it would not let me sail…
    (thats another portion of kismet not included in image
    but Modify list and adding thnaks god btw :D works well)

I think it just another random bug
    if Otreum and MassiveChaos had it too so at least I am calm not my fault but engine’s…

I will do it via sail damage… will be easier for CPU and less nodes in kismet

jeah it’s automatic OP feature of Unreal Engine
    it encourages you to make things as easy as possible
    cuz the more difficult the more likely it wont work

optimization brothers xD!

• HEY

I’VE JUST MADE ONE DISCOVERY

IN GAME ALL IS WORKING :DDD

I mean blocking volumes, I have no radnom teleports (so also trigger volumes dont get random untocuh events) and all stupid issues I have in editor when playing map seems to be gone xD

after uploading/updating to workshop and playing map from “open name_of_map” it works can’t believe it
    (though I hope it will last longer than just half an hour :P :D)

btw once I had an vice versa experience that sth that was working in editor wasnt working in game
    but this one I like much better :D
    so not working SDK… ahh go fak UDK in game it works wohooooooo :D

so I will try once again that variant with keyboard even in editor doesnt work and will test it in normal game after update to workshop

**so when anybody will be so desperate as me, try it in game first :)
    **(though its a pity editor is not relibale, a man is not wiliing to build and upload every little change…)

Cheers :)

• You mean it is working in game today : -p

• @MiPu:

(though its a pity editor is not relibale, a man is not wiliing to build and upload every little change…)

Have you seen all my map updates recently on steam workshop? hahahaha :P

It’s the only way to truley test how your map works online unfortunately. I think that there was something about LAN compatibility being talked about in upcoming versions, which might help with network testing (since that’s where EVERYTHING breaks lol ). But I don’t think that will be available to us before the contest ends :(

My slow internet, I need to upload every single minor tweak to test changes out with certain objectives that don’t work too well online, 3 minor tests take up over 30mins of time to do…if we could test networking performance without needing to upload/download, it would be far easier to test.

• ____Harry had the best morning he’d had in a long time. he was
    careful to walk a little way apart from the Durselys so that Dudley
    and Piers, who were starting to get bored with the animals by
    lunch-time, wouldn’t fall back on their favourite hobby of hitting
    him. They ate in the zoo restaurant and when Dudley had a
    tantrum because his knickerbocker glory wasn’t big enough,
    Uncle Vernon bought hin another one and Harry was allowed to
    finish the first.
    __Harry felt, afterwards, that he should have known it was all too
    good to last.

@MassiveChaos:

You mean it is working in game today : -p