Pretty New Menus VS High Ping Kicker and Admin….

• So the devs are at it again! Lets make pretty menus for the next patch instead of adding and fixing things that are long over due. I am so tired of aholes with high assed ping hoping into servers on the other side of the planet lagging the shit out of everyone.

But hey look, new prettier menus!

Ghost swinging through high ping asshats, no problem…. but look at those new menus…

Then no one will vote them out and all you here is “git gud” from 120+ ping noob and his friends then they turn and kick you instead.

How about a high ping kicker that actually works along with simple in game admin commands?

Screw that, lets make the menus prettier with some awesome graphic design!

Simple server administration? Well we gave you big brother bot, what more do you want? How about some pretty menus instead?

Dev priorities at it’s best!

• @HammerSword:

So the devs are at it again! Lets make pretty menus for the next patch instead of adding and fixing things that are long over due. I am so tired of aholes with high assed ping hoping into servers on the other side of the planet lagging the shit out of everyone.

But hey look, new prettier menus!

Ghost swinging through high ping asshats, no problem…. but look at those new menus…

Then no one will vote them out and all you here is “git gud” from 120+ ping noob and his friends then they turn and kick you instead.

How about a high ping kicker that actually works along with simple in game admin commands?

Screw that, lets make the menus prettier with some awesome graphic design!

Simple server administration? Well we gave you big brother bot, what more do you want? How about some pretty menus instead?

Dev priorities at it’s best!

The UI overhaul should aid in optimization as it was discovered that the UI actually contributed greatly to gradually poorer performance with every patch. This was top priority according to community feedback.

• It’s kind of a 50-50 for me. I’m in favor of the new UI, but there are a few (balance) issues that need to be adressed right now instead of being postponed a few months.

• Global Moderator

We have ping kickers and admins on 20 or so servers down here. Who plays on official servers.

Also the remaining chiv admins really only seem to be using their powers for their own personal benefit and ignore the other shit that goes on.

• I love how Lemon judges all admins or all Europeans on the actions of a few.

• Mod

@lemonater47:

We have ping kickers and admins on 20 or so servers down here. Who plays on official servers.

Also the remaining chiv admins really only seem to be using their powers for their own personal benefit and ignore the other shit that goes on.

Everyone has been playing official servers lately. I remember it was just full TO servers that were official for a solid 4 or 5 days. Then when I happened to be recording I joined a games on net one and the server crashed. The GoN ones have gone wonky to be honest. Everyone’s sooking about em.

• The UI looks pretty good to me hopefully they will soon add a Duel Mode overhaul ;) (i.e. no more pool menu, and an easy way to check ping please) I also really like the addition of an experience tracker and level progress bar.

As for your complaint I myself posted about the same issue of people playing with high ping and I was told that Torn Banner has said they will never add a ping limit to official servers so you’re not gonna have much luck there I think.

• Global Moderator

@Tyoson:

Everyone has been playing official servers lately. I remember it was just full TO servers that were official for a solid 4 or 5 days. Then when I happened to be recording I joined a games on net one and the server crashed. The GoN ones have gone wonky to be honest. Everyone’s sooking about em.

Various Different tickrates were being tested on the GON servers recently so that may of been a problem.

Also so the flood on new players meant that they stuck to official servers as that’s what all the low rank servers are and half of them think you can only get unlocks on official servers.

Official servers suffer from packet loss. On average everyone has a lower ping but there’s way more bullshit going on. And there’s at least an auto ping kick so you don’t get Americans who haven’t seen a world map playing.

And Gndo I base my assessment of the official moderators off my experience of two different official moderators and two people’s other experiences with another two other official moderators. Whether they are lazy, don’t care or too nice to punish people it ain’t great for everyone else. I won’t name names but do you see the moderators doing things? They only seem to do things when it directly affects them. It really seems like the moderators don’t like punishing people. They like giving out multiple warnings though. Not even a kick. All that does is make people not take you seriously. And when you finally do punish them everyone gets really pissed off. Because they were let to get away with it for so long.

There needs to be more/better moderators. They can’t just be long term players they either abuse their powers or don’t use their powers. But people who actually care about the community on the servers.

• We should all elect lemon to be our supreme leader… er “spokesperson”

• Well we have never gotten Big brother bot to load and run properly on our servers. If they are going to go to the trouble of doing menus then why not make a simple Admin menu so that if your IP or steam ID is listed in a INI file on the server you are automatically logged in as admin and when you hit a Bound key to admin there are layered admin choices?

I know right? What a simple concept……

As far as a high ping kicker on Official servers… again that is a no brainer… 110 max would be fine. Once you get a 24-32-64 man server filled with 100+ pings it is lag fucking central and not worth even playing…

• @Karasu:

The UI overhaul should aid in optimization as it was discovered that the UI actually contributed greatly to gradually poorer performance with every patch. This was top priority according to community feedback.

Top priority according to community feed back? Optimization was for sure. But I would like some info as to how the UI is to blame. Guess I will have to go read that update thread and hope for some answers…

Netcode optimization should also be a priority as well but their documentation is pretty limited on every patch with just the bare min info given.

• @HammerSword:

As far as a high ping kicker on Official servers…. again that is a no brainer… 110 max would be fine. Once you get a 24-32-64 man server filled with 100+ pings it is lag fucking central and not worth even playing…

The ONLY 64 person servers I have ever seen and played on with NO LAG WHAT SO EVER, I’m talking perfect pings was the NCIX servers that shut down sometime march 2013… Loved those servers, 64 LTS arena was the best.

• so if you have your own server, you can easily do a ping limit… it’s very EASY admin, change 2 values and boom.

only issue is it doesn’t kick people, it bans them.

it’s totally do-able though.

• @50ShadesofClay:

only issue is it doesn’t kick people, it bans them.

I like to think its a feature,
    I actually like this option much more than some kinda auto kick that lets the bastard high pingers back in…

• Global Moderator

It doesn’t perma ban them.

• @lemonater47:

Sigh… :,(

• @lemonater47:

in my experience, it adds them to your servers ban list. I have a server, tried to play with some euro bro’s, and they got banned because of ping and couldn’t come back. So… pretty sure it bans them.

• Does it not remove them once the time is expired? There’s a ping kick duration variable.
    I wonder.

• mine didn’t seem to

• Global Moderator

@50ShadesofClay:

in my experience, it adds them to your servers ban list. I have a server, tried to play with some euro bro’s, and they got banned because of ping and couldn’t come back. So… pretty sure it bans them.

You get session banned. I’ve been kicked for high ping as I spiked. I could rejoin on map change.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.