Bringing back the bubble?

• Now as I’m sure most of you know the bubble was reduced by I believe 60% a few patches back which seemed like it was a really good thing. But I’m curious to know after we have played with it this way for a while now how everyone feels? I’ll present what I believe to be the pros and cons of the bubble reduction, add a poll with a simple yes and no question and we’ll see how it goes.

Pros of the bubble reduction there’s only one that I can think of and it’s a pretty big one but I’m not sure it out weighs the cons. That would be getting stuck inside another player’s character model, it’s happened to all of us and has been greatly reduced by the change made to the bubble.

Cons of the bubble reduction .8 flinch makes it possible to hit trade with someone who is mid combo. Ripostes seem almost instant sometimes because players are able to get so close to each other which in turn with certain weapons makes you have to guess and preemptively block to successfully parry. Feints are unreadable at very close range even to the point that some weapons will pass through your character model during the feint.

If I left anything that you believe to be a pro or a con out please feel free to post it in the thread. Personally I feel that a lot of the balances that we’re looking for as players could be achieved by simply bringing back the bubble to were it currently was. Possibly there is a middle ground that could be reached to still reduce getting stuck on other player’s while helping to balance the cons. I hope we can keep this conversation mature and present our opinions and ideas in a respectful manner. Thanks for reading :)

• Only problem with the current bubble/camera is some facehug stab feints are bit too hard to read. Flinch time has nothing to do with bubble.

• Mod

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• I think it’s fine without bubble. Just needs adjustments to the flinch.

• Dear god, no. This thread makes my heart bleed. Well, it’s like a heart.

• @gndo:

Only problem with the current bubble/camera is some facehug stab feints are bit too hard to read. Flinch time has nothing to do with bubble.

Wouldn’t someone being further away reduce attack speed therefore making it more difficult to flinch someone who is mid combo?

• The bubble was perfect before the reduction, so yes bring it back

• @Dog:

Wouldn’t someone being further away reduce attack speed therefore making it more difficult to flinch someone who is mid combo?

Just raise flinch to 0.9 instead.

• Bubble size was perfect pre June 13. Anything else is clunky garbage.

• @BillDoor:

Dear god, no. This thread makes my heart bleed. Well, it’s like a heart.

Shaddup pleb, face hug warfare is bad and you should feel bad.

• put flinch time back and all this other crap can be overcome with footwork. backpedal backpedal backpedal.

and don’t forget, when in doubt… fast kick

• @Huggles:

Why should he feel bad for having an opinion? Votes so far show you are in the minority anyways.

• @Huggles:

as someone named huggles i expected better

• Facehug accels and feints are random as shit no way to distuinguish them so an increase in bubble wouldn’t hurt imo.

• I didn’t play much before the bubble patch last year. How did you guys cope with facehug feints when the bubble was even smaller than now?

From what I’ve heard no-one liked the introduction of the bubble, so why is it only now a problem?

(I understand why it is a problem now, just wondering if it was an even bigger problem pre-bubble patch.)

• Yeah it was better before, after this patch with the camera,i started to feel the bubble more than before, no bullshit, it’s from this moment that we start to saw a lot of double parry to and no sense missing attack that didn’t happen before, to late anyway.

• @gndo:

Why should he feel bad for having an opinion? Votes so far show you are in the minority anyways.

Because community is toxic and plebs don’t know why bubble removal sucks.

• @zombojoe:

as someone named huggles i expected better

All I do is face hug feint and target switch. Bubble was more skillful and fun tbh.

• The big bubble was far from perfect, it made short weapons who cannot rely on stab spam hard to use because the two bubbles would create a gap between the players, which is not really too good considering the weapon is already short.

• @Huggles:

All I do is face hug feint and target switch. Bubble was more skillful and fun tbh.

And how well has that worked for you in scrims?

0 times actually, you’ve never won.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.