Bringing back the bubble?

• @Sophax:

Sorry did who did I quote again? Ah yes “Not Huggles” so please leave your commentary for yourself instead of cluttering this thread with your random ramblings.

Lmao, do you take everything in off topic to heart? Why the hostility bae?

• @Sophax:

How about a good tracer based damage system then? It rewards you with maximum damage if you use footwork when hitting people as opossed to the all platonic meta that is going facehug range accel and feint and gamble.

Think about this before you go all ape shit about tracer system HUEEE IS BAAAAAD CUZ OF DW

DW was different on more things besides the damage based tracer system, and those changes made it shit not the tracer based system.

Too bad you all go monkey mode on the slightest mentioning of a damage based tracer system OH NO DW FLASHBAKC IS BAD MKAY HUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQcKiFy_DM

Inb4 you do another 180 flip flop of opinions in 1 month when you finaly understand that the system is a solution to people not using footwork and getting the upperhand. And no, running into your opponent inorder to accel/feint stab isn’t footwork.

Wel technically it is foot “work” since the ground exerts a force on you over a set distance.

I suggested this in one of the beta threads, the only one who went elitist tough guy mode on me was flippy…but the downside to this is that it requires a lot of balancing…well it should be tested at least.

• @Huggles:

Lmao, do you take everything in off topic to heart? Why the hostility bae?

such hostility

• @Huggles:

People that do that get rekt by feints, because feint fighting is impossible with terrible footwork. It’s not like people don’t use good footwork now because to get into face hug range takes footwork. It’s just once you get to face hug, the coin flip is reallllllll. What’s wrong with flip flopping? Making new opinions because you believe your old perspectives are outdated is a bad thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8DpV3VBqY#t=229

It’s that type of footwork that i’ve always wanted the game to punish in more ways than just missing, why get rewarded for it?. Those tracers would be a nice start…but i guess a lot of you prefer to have backswing monkeys 24/7 and not have them punished for it.

Nice K/D ratio bro

• @ashvins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8DpV3VBqY#t=229

It’s that type of footwork that i’ve always wanted the game to punish in more ways than just missing, why get rewarded for it?. Those tracers would be a nice start…but i guess a lot of you prefer to have backswing monkeys 24/7 and not have them punished for it.

Nice K/D ratio bro

I can safely say it looked way cooler on my screen. Clayton confirmed worst pc NA. That being said, kd doesn’t mater much in a TO it’s all about the delay bby. Or the obj. Take your KD fairy tales back to pubbing tbh.

• @Huggles:

I can safely say it looked way cooler on my screen. Clayton confirmed worst pc NA. That being said, kd doesn’t mater much in a TO it’s all about the delay bby. Or the obj. Take your KD fairy tales back to pubbing tbh.

lol i hit you with the first stab, and then i just saw all those wonky animatinos like you teleported to the left that one time and kept cftping everything or some odd shit idk. vanguards are fucking weird… then of course jimmy is there with the backstab.

And that shit had nothnig to do with my computer, i’ve posted my pc specs and i have a fine machine, by far not the worst pc NA… probably in the mid-high range for sure. Ever since the servers went down 2 days ago or w/e i teleport all over the place. My fps and ping were mostly fine although i did get like 2 HUGE ping spikes in those matches.

• @50ShadesofClay:

lol i hit you with the first stab, and then i just saw all those wonky animatinos like you teleported to the left that one time and kept cftping everything or some odd shit idk. vanguards are fucking weird… then of course jimmy is there with the backstab.

And that shit had nothnig to do with my computer, i’ve posted my pc specs and i have a fine machine, by far not the worst pc NA… probably in the mid-high range for sure. Ever since the servers went down 2 days ago or w/e i teleport all over the place. My fps and ping were mostly fine although i did get like 2 HUGE ping spikes in those matches.

Idk man, this game looks way more fluid to me :L When I did the 1v3 it looked like I was just spinning and cftp everywhere, but it looked really different from my side man. You’re right vanny is just weird as fuck :L

• @zombojoe:

no bubble worked like a charm for over a year, you guys need to git gud

@zombojoe:

i for one want to remove the sprint lockout

game was much more mobile when you could sprint even while attacking

YES
    YES
    and NO to bubble increase. If anything get rid of it completely and fix other issues with balance and ranges of weapons.

The bubble reduction pros far out weight any and all cons. Wait there are cons in the bubble reduction?

The bubble was a horrible attempt at fixing a facehugging issue that didnt exist that could be overcome with foot work and not having the sprint lockout. The reduction was a welcome and a fair compromise between those who became dependent upon it and those that suffered because of it. Remember being bubble stuck and not being able to move?

Exactly…

Now put your big boy pants back on and just accept it.

• @HammerSword:

YES
    YES
    and NO to bubble increase. If anything get rid of it completely and fix other issues with balance and ranges of weapons.

The bubble reduction pros far out weight any and all cons. Wait there are cons in the bubble reduction?

The bubble was a horrible attempt at fixing a facehugging issue that didnt exist that could be overcome with foot work and not having the sprint lockout. The reduction was a welcome and a fair compromise between those who became dependent upon it and those that suffered because of it. Remember being bubble stuck and not being able to move?

Exactly…

Now put your big boy pants back on and just accept it.

Do you even sow? And if you do, are you happy with it??? Facehug riposte stab spam warfare, feint inside bodies, etc.

• Again that has more to do with the speed of the weapons and the lack of people skill to maintain the right distance which all the bubble did was artificially produce a distance. Sorry but I would take an occasional facehug for the current ability to dash between players and escape without getting stuck or frozen. If they remove the sprint lockout that will also increase the ability to avoid facehugs.

• @HammerSword:

Again that has more to do with the speed of the weapons and the lack of people skill to maintain the right distance which all the bubble did was artificially produce a distance. Sorry but I would take an occasional facehug for the current ability to dash between players and escape without getting stuck or frozen. If they remove the sprint lockout that will also increase the ability to avoid facehugs.

You speak as if keeping distance is always possible and easily done, nope. Honestly once someone gets a parry off, they’re riposting into your face with a stab, and the face hug look downs begins. What you speak of is a bug the bubble provided, that should have been fixed. Hell, I agree the bubble was a bit too big as well, but a 60% bubble reduction might as well have been a removal. Your argument doesn’t make much sense, as the closer you are the faster your attacks will land. Now it’s just who can pull of the most bullshit acceleration. Don’t believe me? Any sword face hug range lookdown left to right. It’s not that huge of a problem in team fights, but it most certainly made dueling dull and boring.

Removing sprint lockout I might be ok with, it would just buff brandi even more tbh.

That, and .8 flinch.

• @Huggles:

What you speak of is a bug the bubble provided, that should have been fixed.

It wasn’t a bug, it’s how collision detection works. Having it be less of a circle and more of an oval/cone in just the front of the player model would have fixed it. Unfortunately they stated that it was not possible to change the shape, hence the issues we had.

Don’t mind current bubble, despise the new camera though.

• @Huggles:

Idk man, this game looks way more fluid to me :L When I did the 1v3 it looked like I was just spinning and cftp everywhere, but it looked really different from my side man. You’re right vanny is just weird as fuck :L

it was just me and guru, i can see how you thought it was 3 people with me being there ;)

• @Huggles:

You speak as if keeping distance is always possible and easily done, nope. Honestly once someone gets a parry off, they’re riposting into your face with a stab, and the face hug look downs begins. What you speak of is a bug the bubble provided, that should have been fixed. Hell, I agree the bubble was a bit too big as well, but a 60% bubble reduction might as well have been a removal. Your argument doesn’t make much sense, as the closer you are the faster your attacks will land. Now it’s just who can pull of the most bullshit acceleration. Don’t believe me? Any sword face hug range lookdown left to right. It’s not that huge of a problem in team fights, but it most certainly made dueling dull and boring.

Keeping distance is not always easily done, that is where skill and experience comes into play. You cannot “fix” any of the enlarged bubble problems because of how the bubble works. All you can do is increase it or decrease it.

There is no argument, the bubble was a piss fix for other issues that should and could be fix by other means. Heads up, we played that way for over a year without the bubble and there were only a handful of complaints about face hugging compared to all the bullshit with the bubble. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out how to maintain distance but it takes skill to use and manipulate distance. An artificial bubble is basically making people lazy and lack skill and situational awareness. And guess what? sometimes you are simply going to die….

60% reduction was a very even compromise. Rehashing it because people dont have the experience and skills is no excuse. Getting bubble stuck is one of the worse things about it. Bouncing off bubble ghost swings were probably second. Now just unlock the sprint lockout and the problems are further minimized. Not sure how you cannot understand this unless all you do is duel.

• @50ShadesofClay:

it was just me and guru, i can see how you thought it was 3 people with me being there ;)

No I mean the 1v3 on dark forest. I won

• @gndo:

Is it just me that doesn’t want DW variable damage tracers in CMW because it makes HTK with various weapons and attack types more like guess work, as you would never know for sure how many hits you can take, or how many or which type of attacks you need to kill your opponent.

Actually this was dealt with in DW - weak/medium/strong hits had different impact sounds and gore effects. Weak hits sounded like glances and produced dust particles, strong hits sounded bloody and produced blood particles, medium hits were inbetween.

• @Huggles:

No I mean the 1v3 on dark forest. I won

oh the missed swings 3+combo feint to parry and still not out of stam one lol i remember

• Btw guys HammerSword is Retsnom’s alt account.

• @Flippy:

Btw guys HammerSword is Retsnom’s alt account.

no wonder he makes so much sense

• ?Why was logic monsteR Retsnom cigol saw yhW?
    ?Even banneD Dennab nevE?