Bringing back the bubble?

• DW weapon tracers is the only acceptable solution to facehugging IMHO. Someone being right on top of you so you can’t properly recognize their attack pattern isn’t as much of an issue when you’re taking reduced damage, it gives you some room to stabilize and create distance.

• @SlyGoat:

DW weapon tracers is the only acceptable solution to facehugging IMHO. Someone being right on top of you so you can’t properly recognize their attack pattern isn’t as much of an issue when you’re taking reduced damage, it gives you some room to stabilize and create distance.

id be okay with DW tracers but only for the start of the swing for reduced damage

• @SlyGoat:

DW weapon tracers is the only acceptable solution to facehugging IMHO. Someone being right on top of you so you can’t properly recognize their attack pattern isn’t as much of an issue when you’re taking reduced damage, it gives you some room to stabilize and create distance.

It wouldn’t work well in CMW, half of the time you wouldn’t be able to counterattack as maa because you have to keep distance to maximize your damage output and keep in mind enemy knockback at the same time.

Also reduction on blue tracer was wayy too big.

• @Knifelegs:

I wish they didn’t switch over to a new forum so I could compare what competitive players said about the bubble when it was introduced, and what some of them are saying now.

Honestly some of these comments feel like I’m reading pub bitch posts from the promod thread.

You mean when TB increased the size of the bubble? yeah, nobody liked it, but it had less issues than pre june patch bubble…Maybe if you watch how EU plays you would understand why they’ve changed their mind, NA comp scene is casual trash in comparison…AND THEY’RE CASUAL

• Is it just me that doesn’t want DW variable damage tracers in CMW because it makes HTK with various weapons and attack types more like guess work, as you would never know for sure how many hits you can take, or how many or which type of attacks you need to kill your opponent.

• @SlyGoat:

What i suggest is giving us enough tools to deal with facehugging, the opponent should have a damn good reason to get that close…

Parrying should be harder

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19875-Should-the-parry-box-be-smaller-more-square
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20429-Butthole-blocking-in-it-s-natural-environment

More attacking variations

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18462-Expanding-upon-alternative-attacks

Chambering should be tested imo

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19998-Chambering-Attacks

Increase the flinch timer by .1 second
    Fix kicks to make them more reliable

The main issue is not being able to react to it and give up the initiative. I don’t want to get hit or trade, even if it’s reduced damage

• The bubble was perfect before the reduction, so yes bring it back

Asif it was, it was terrible.

• @SlyGoat:

Pls don’t convince torn banner to add DW tracers into chiv >.> PLSSSSS

I luv u tho, no homes

• @zombojoe:

i for one want to remove the sprint lockout

game was much more mobile when you could sprint even while attacking

Dancing super knockback brandi, without needing to feint call ever ftw

• @CRUSHED:

dats rite git gud

no but seriously, lookdowns atm are retarded haha

How about a good tracer based damage system then? It rewards you with maximum damage if you use footwork when hitting people as opossed to the all platonic meta that is going facehug range accel and feint and gamble.

Think about this before you go all ape shit about tracer system HUEEE IS BAAAAAD CUZ OF DW

DW was different on more things besides the damage based tracer system, and those changes made it shit not the tracer based system.

Too bad you all go monkey mode on the slightest mentioning of a damage based tracer system OH NO DW FLASHBAKC IS BAD MKAY HUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQcKiFy_DM

Inb4 you do another 180 flip flop of opinions in 1 month when you finaly understand that the system is a solution to people not using footwork and getting the upperhand. And no, running into your opponent inorder to accel/feint stab isn’t footwork.

Wel technically it is foot “work” since the ground exerts a force on you over a set distance.

• @Sophax:

How about a good tracer based damage system then? It rewards you with maximum damage if you use footwork when hitting people as opossed to the all platonic meta that is going facehug range accel and feint and gamble.

Think about this before you go all ape shit about tracer system HUEEE IS BAAAAAD CUZ OF DW

DW was different on more things besides the damage based tracer system, and those changes made it shit not the tracer based system.

Too bad you all go monkey mode on the slightest mentioning of a damage based tracer system OH NO DW FLASHBAKC IS BAD MKAY HUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lQcKiFy_DM

Inb4 you do another 180 flip flop of opinions in 1 month when you finaly understand that the system is a solution to people not using footwork and getting the upperhand. And no, running into your opponent inorder to accel/feint stab isn’t footwork.

Wel technically it is foot “work” since the ground exerts a force on you over a set distance.

People that do that get rekt by feints, because feint fighting is impossible with terrible footwork. It’s not like people don’t use good footwork now because to get into face hug range takes footwork. It’s just once you get to face hug, the coin flip is reallllllll. What’s wrong with flip flopping? Making new opinions because you believe your old perspectives are outdated is a bad thing?

• @Huggles:

People that do that get rekt by feints, because feint fighting is impossible with terrible footwork. It’s not like people don’t use good footwork now because to get into face hug range takes footwork. It’s just once you get to face hug, the coin flip is reallllllll. What’s wrong with flip flopping? Making new opinions because you believe your old perspectives are outdated is a bad thing?

Sorry did who did I quote again? Ah yes “Not Huggles” so please leave your commentary for yourself instead of cluttering this thread with your random ramblings.

• @Sophax:

Sorry did who did I quote again? Ah yes “Not Huggles” so please leave your commentary for yourself instead of cluttering this thread with your random ramblings.

Lmao, do you take everything in off topic to heart? Why the hostility bae?

• @Sophax:

I suggested this in one of the beta threads, the only one who went elitist tough guy mode on me was flippy…but the downside to this is that it requires a lot of balancing…well it should be tested at least.

• @Huggles:

Lmao, do you take everything in off topic to heart? Why the hostility bae?

such hostility

• @Huggles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8DpV3VBqY#t=229

It’s that type of footwork that i’ve always wanted the game to punish in more ways than just missing, why get rewarded for it?. Those tracers would be a nice start…but i guess a lot of you prefer to have backswing monkeys 24/7 and not have them punished for it.

Nice K/D ratio bro

• @ashvins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW8DpV3VBqY#t=229

It’s that type of footwork that i’ve always wanted the game to punish in more ways than just missing, why get rewarded for it?. Those tracers would be a nice start…but i guess a lot of you prefer to have backswing monkeys 24/7 and not have them punished for it.

Nice K/D ratio bro

I can safely say it looked way cooler on my screen. Clayton confirmed worst pc NA. That being said, kd doesn’t mater much in a TO it’s all about the delay bby. Or the obj. Take your KD fairy tales back to pubbing tbh.

• @Huggles:

I can safely say it looked way cooler on my screen. Clayton confirmed worst pc NA. That being said, kd doesn’t mater much in a TO it’s all about the delay bby. Or the obj. Take your KD fairy tales back to pubbing tbh.

lol i hit you with the first stab, and then i just saw all those wonky animatinos like you teleported to the left that one time and kept cftping everything or some odd shit idk. vanguards are fucking weird… then of course jimmy is there with the backstab.

And that shit had nothnig to do with my computer, i’ve posted my pc specs and i have a fine machine, by far not the worst pc NA… probably in the mid-high range for sure. Ever since the servers went down 2 days ago or w/e i teleport all over the place. My fps and ping were mostly fine although i did get like 2 HUGE ping spikes in those matches.

• @50ShadesofClay:

lol i hit you with the first stab, and then i just saw all those wonky animatinos like you teleported to the left that one time and kept cftping everything or some odd shit idk. vanguards are fucking weird… then of course jimmy is there with the backstab.

And that shit had nothnig to do with my computer, i’ve posted my pc specs and i have a fine machine, by far not the worst pc NA… probably in the mid-high range for sure. Ever since the servers went down 2 days ago or w/e i teleport all over the place. My fps and ping were mostly fine although i did get like 2 HUGE ping spikes in those matches.

Idk man, this game looks way more fluid to me :L When I did the 1v3 it looked like I was just spinning and cftp everywhere, but it looked really different from my side man. You’re right vanny is just weird as fuck :L

• @zombojoe:

no bubble worked like a charm for over a year, you guys need to git gud

@zombojoe:

i for one want to remove the sprint lockout

game was much more mobile when you could sprint even while attacking

YES
    YES
    and NO to bubble increase. If anything get rid of it completely and fix other issues with balance and ranges of weapons.

The bubble reduction pros far out weight any and all cons. Wait there are cons in the bubble reduction?

The bubble was a horrible attempt at fixing a facehugging issue that didnt exist that could be overcome with foot work and not having the sprint lockout. The reduction was a welcome and a fair compromise between those who became dependent upon it and those that suffered because of it. Remember being bubble stuck and not being able to move?

Exactly…

Now put your big boy pants back on and just accept it.