Bringing back the bubble?

• @gndo:

Well thats nerfing lookdowns and reverse overhead. So many weapons would be useless, feints only thing you could do with them.

Its not nerfing anything since the relative balance remains the same if you pull the change through for every weapon. Tts providing options as Slygoat pointed out and increasing the general HTK which isn’t a bad thing in this fast paced game. I’m also for a slight damage nerf on attacks after a feint to bring them in line with drags.

Its providing options in the sense that lookdowns and reverse overheads aren’t as rewarding as they currently are and rightfully so. You want maximum damage? You will land a clear hit from the right distance because you outplayed your opponent by footwork, feintreading and timing. Instead of basing yourself on these gimmicky abusal of traces that aren’t hard to do at all.

It doesn’t lower the skill ceiling. It adds to the skill ceiling. How you say?

It adds another factor you need to take care of when you want to play as efficient as possible. The factor is footwork which currently is limited to either back peddling or facehugging in order to feint or accelerate AFAP.

It would be an amazing change to the change to the game. Too bad TB ****d the idea by relating it to DW. Now everyone has this paradigm of that set mechanic and can’t change it to see the good in it.

Such is human nature I guess. Horde mentality. So subjective and so conservative.

@Flippy:

It’s clunky and it doesn’t belong in MW.

Sound just like Crushed.

Rather ambigious terms to describe things here. Do you have any real arguments? We’ll see in Chiv 2 when the devs will hopefull shove it down your throat to and the likes of the other bandwagon people.

• Well some weapons are only good at fast attacks and feints, you can’t really do delays with them. So if you nerf their fast attacks what’s the point in even using them?

• @gndo:

Well some weapons are only good at fast attacks and feints, you can’t really do delays with them. So if you nerf their fast attacks what’s the point in even using them?

Not sure what you’re implying here. The tracer window is relative - hatchet wouldn’t suddenly do less damage just because it’s fast. All weapons would suffer the same detriment by using accelerated attacks. There isn’t a weapon in the game that is only good if you lookdown overhead or point blank stab, and there certainly isn’t a weapon in the game that is only good if you feint.

• @SlyGoat:

Not sure what you’re implying here. The tracer window is relative - hatchet wouldn’t suddenly do less damage just because it’s fast. All weapons would suffer the same detriment by using accelerated attacks. There isn’t a weapon in the game that is only good if you lookdown overhead or point blank stab, and there certainly isn’t a weapon in the game that is only good if you feint.

yep, well said

• I find this all very interesting, please continue

• the problem i had with dw tracers was they punished drags too much

• Yes that was what I thought too. I will try DW again and see how it goes

• i played DW at a lan with a bunch of casuals and all of them were really confused with the mechanics

the most rage was cause by me stabbing them in their spartan shields to damage them tbs pls change shields mechanics

• @SlyGoat:

I’m not talking about fast weapons, I’m talking about accelerated attacks, if you make attacks do less damage at the start of the swing then that’s a nerf to accelerated attacks. Some weapons just aren’t good for delays, knight 2h axes, claymore etc, if you nerf their accelerated attacks all they have left is feints.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It wouldn’t work well in CMW, half of the time you wouldn’t be able to counterattack as maa because you have to keep distance to maximize your damage output and keep in mind enemy knockback at the same time.

Also reduction on blue tracer was wayy too big.

Not really, take to consideration that the weapons that the Man-at arms already have are fast, and the faster release means you’ll get quicker past the blue/green zone of the sweet spot and deal normal damge, unless you press the weapon inside the hitbox, or accelerate, which the sweet spot system is suppose to penalitize.

Lol, how would maul be with sweet spots? i’d say just about perfect.

• @gndo:

I’m not talking about fast weapons, I’m talking about accelerated attacks, if you make attacks do less damage at the start of the swing then that’s a nerf to accelerated attacks. Some weapons just aren’t good for delays, knight 2h axes, claymore etc, if you nerf their accelerated attacks all they have left is feints.

The good thing about feints its a universal mechanic. It gives very weapon a change of hitting without the need for realy fast attacks.

• Why are you people arguing about it? Wolfy just make a poll already.

• @Flippy:

Why are you people arguing about it? Wolfy just make a poll already.

And it is clearly, overwhelmingly against bringing it back.

• honestly i havent noticed facehugging being much of an issue without the bubble

i did increase my fov to 120 from 115 though

• @Retsnom:

And it is clearly, overwhelmingly against bringing it back.

I know, but Wulfy lives in this world where if 2 people agree with him it’s instantly a super good idea. He should make a poll.

• @zombojoe:

honestly i havent noticed facehugging being much of an issue without the bubble

i did increase my fov to 120 from 115 though

130/140 from 120 here, still testing.

• The sistem in DW is kinda wierd, I can’t seem to get usued to it. I mean, doesn’t this “sweet spot” thing sort of limitates your playstile? In the sense that, if you want to be efficient you will hit with the most damage part of the attack, so accelerated attacks, delayed and b0ckhits are out. I think this buffs feints, as it is the most efficient way to do full damage, since the tracers limitates your options in fight. I fail to see the advantages of this sistem so far.

Also, is there CFTP in DW? I couldn’t pull this out a single time.

@Sophax:

. Instead of basing yourself on these gimmicky abusal of traces that aren’t hard to do at all.

I think they are hard to do against skilled players, but can be high rewarding.

• @Vanguard:

The sistem in DW is kinda wierd, I can’t seem to get usued to it. I mean, doesn’t this “sweet spot” thing sort of limitates your playstile? In the sense that, if you want to be efficient you will hit with the most damage part of the attack, so accelerated attacks, delayed and b0ckhits are out. I think this buffs feints, as it is the most efficient way to do full damage, since the tracers limitates your options in fight. I fail to see the advantages of this sistem so far.

Also, is there CFTP in DW? I couldn’t pull this out a single time.

I think they are hard to do against skilled players, but can be high rewarding.

Any argumentation based upon an “ANTI FEINT” dogma is redundant. It doesn’t make feints OP. If you can’t see the advantages people have elaborately talked about then I don’t know mayne.

• @Sophax:

Any argumentation based upon an “ANTI FEINT” dogma is redundant. It doesn’t make feints OP. If you can’t see the advantages people have elaborately talked about then I don’t know mayne.

It’s not anti feint, I was just saying that it favors feint over delayed, accelerated and backhits, since its the best way to archive full damage, thus, reducing your options in fight IF you want to be efficient. Are there videos of high skill play in DW?

• @Vanguard:

It’s not anti feint, I was just saying that it favors feint over delayed, accelerated and backhits, since its the best way to archive full damage, thus, reducing your options in fight IF you want to be efficient. Are there videos of high skill play in DW?

Not realy. Its all situational. Feints cost stamina while drags don’t. Feints are more punishable than drags because you can actually flinch a feint and drags become a gamble since you don’t know if he’ll accel, drag of feint.

Efficiency depends on you making the right moves in the right situation. For example situations where you’re low on stamina or just won’t feint again someone who can read them.

You base your argumentation on either anti feint sentiments or you don’t know any better(don’t have the experience of high lvl play), anywho in either situation is a result of your ignorance.

The current feinting is far from ideal and can be improved upon. I’ve also made suggestions on how:

-to make feints a bit more reactable in facehug range and

-how to make them punishable without hittrading

• With the introduction of the sweetspot system there should be a small damage reduction for attacking after a feint IN combination with an overal higher stamina pool.