Over-Powered Fists?

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z8unkj4PsI&feature=plcp so while filming this video here. the players who don’t “know bout my fisting skill” with called them op and needed to be removed from the game. Also game developers they called you stupid. Just saying.

• Fists are FAR more powerful than they should be. They attack quickly and do a reasonable amount of damage, if you spam punches and are really close to someone you’ll often be able to overwhelm them especially if they’re wounded.

• What’re you talking about?

I’ve looked at the damage page and been punched myself.

For a Knight, it will take nearly 15 or more hits if you haven’t had any damage done to you besides fists.

For a Vanguard, it’s around 12.

For a MaA & Archer, it’s about 8, IF you aim directly for the head constantly.

If you let someone get 8 punches with a mailed fist into your face, only make sense you’d go down.

• it would be far more interesting if instead of being killed by fists you were knocked out or immobilized for a short period of time. This could allow a teammate to come to your rescue or to have the enemy whip out another weapon and do a killing blow.

This should also be in the Chiv forum pages not AOC.

• If you punch someone in plate armor they don’t get hurt. just saying. Your fist does though.

• @JCash:

If you punch someone in plate armor they don’t get hurt. just saying. Your fist does though.

Called shock. Repeated hits will cause them some forms of damage such as being winded. You may not physically hurt them on the outside, but their insides can still turn to jelly.

• Not really, I have been hit with fists and swords in and out of armor. Armor is a good thing, the worst thing is the noise. The impacts kind of suck but it’s the noise. Fists would do nothing but make a lot of noise and possibly knock you over. Picking yourself up in armor is not as easy as it sounds. I almost lost my index finger in a bad block against a 2 handed. 13 stitches around the knuckle. I also got my forearm ran through with an Epee blade fencing. I have also been in a few fights as a bouncer so I know what getting hit and hitting is like. That is why I really like the idea of getting knocked out instead of being killed. Pretty rare that you would get killed in a fist fight. Plus that would add some interesting variation to the game, being forced to whip out a blade to kill someone or to rescue a knocked out team mate.

• @Retsnom:

Pretty rare that you would get killed in a fist fight. Plus that would add some interesting variation to the game, being forced to whip out a blade to kill someone or to rescue a knocked out team mate.

Thats a really novel idea. I kind of like it.