Bastard one handers

• They’re all terrible, excluding Longsword although I still think it needs a buff. Basically more damage and speed please, it’s supposed to be the knight’s “special” ability but it doesn’t feel to special here. Remove shield lockout and remove unnecessary speed bonus too. Screw it, using this thread to complain about everything I hate.

.8 flinch, shield speed bonus, flinch in release, hws, archers, fire pots, 60% bubble reduction, harry potters, buff longsword, buff bastard one handers, remove dodge out of flinch, and remove shield glitch for unlimited stamina, remove vanny charge, and last but not least, fuck archers.

This is now the RAGE thread for stupid mechanics “FLINCH IN RELEASE IS A FEATURE BRUH”

• PROJECTILES THAT FLINCH ANYTHING SUCKS.

Except smokepots. Flinching someones release by throwing a smokepot at them, for your buddy to then kill them is all kinds of delicious.

• I main 1h LS, and it is quite decent. I don’t think buffs are needed. Reducing shield lockout would really be all that is needed. 1h SoW could use a little help, the only thing it does better than the 1h LS is slightly more stab damage and slightly faster combos. It could be differentiated better.

• Global Moderator

1H messer is amazing.

• Knights “special” ability is that he is a “tank” that means he can sometimes take 1 MAYBE AT THE MOST 2 more hits before he is dead.

• Pfft, he can tank friendly hits!

• I only play Knight because of my avatar and dat HP. If both Vanguards looked like Agatha Knight, I’d just play Vanguard. /vidyagamepixelshallowness

• @Terminally:

Knights “special” ability is that he is a “tank” that means he can sometimes take 1 MAYBE AT THE MOST 2 more hits before he is dead.

Well it’s the only class in the game that’s allowed to use 2 handers as 1 handers, and this is disappointing considering longsword is the only one worth its salt.

• All about dat 1 handed SoW son.

• One handed sow is essentially a shortspear with some useful slashing ability and combos. The stabs with it are reasonably fast, damaging and have a good reach. Thing is, anyone who knows their shit, will do better with the faster broadsword or norse. But still, if you want a bit extra reach, 1h sow does quite well.

• I thought this used to be an exploit or something considering how broken it was and then they made it an official feature. Or am I mistaken?

• @afiNity:

I thought this used to be an exploit or something considering how broken it was and then they made it an official feature. Or am I mistaken?

it was an unfinished feature afaik

• 1 handed messar is for the kings of the battlefield. So brutal looking.

• 1H SoW does less damage on an overhead than a norse sword overhead.

1H SoW does 15 less damage on an overhead than a 1H LS.

1H SoW does 5 more damage than a LS thrust.

1H SoW overhead and stab recovery is 0.05 _longer _than 1H LS overhead and stab recovery.

just to repear that…

1H SoW overhead and stab recovery is 0.05 _longer _than 1H LS overhead and stab recovery.

• Seriously though 1h sow is stronger. Only noobz use anything but stabs and stabfeints.

• Yeah, 1h SoW is the “rapier” some of you guys wanted for MAA. It’s long, fast and does great piercing damage.

Just don’t use anything else but stab, other attacks suck. If you want versatile 1h bastard sword, LS is way superior. 1h messer is just archer decapitator, pretty bad against other classes.

• @Terminally:

Knights “special” ability is that he is a “tank” that means he can sometimes take 1 MAYBE AT THE MOST 2 more hits before he is dead.

You act like 1-2 more HTK is small……

• @NoVaLombardia:

You act like 1-2 more HTK is small……

Meh, depends on the skill level imo, at high level play that 1-2 more htk can be a huge factor but well aimed hits (neck, head) negate that somewhat.

• @afiNity:

I thought this used to be an exploit or something considering how broken it was and then they made it an official feature. Or am I mistaken?

1h without shield was originally unintentional for whatever reason (even the tutorial states Knights can only use “two handers” in one hand if they have a shield in the other hand), but I eventually talked Tibbers into legitimizing it. Everyone wanted it anyway.

1h bastard swords are strange to balance against eachother while also balancing them against the other 1h weapons. Even though Knight weapons are in general supposed to be stronger than MaA weapons, Broadsword on a Knight is still a completely legitimate tactic - if the 1h bastard swords were too much stronger than a Broadsword they’d be rather overpowered.

• @SlyGoat:

Broadsword on a Knight is still a completely legitimate tactic - if the 1h bastard swords were too much stronger than a Broadsword they’d be rather overpowered.

Are you suggesting that BS gets its stab reach nerfed a small amount?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.