Kismet AI being durpy.

• **UPDATE:
    **Nevermind! It was just me using _ in the naming convention.
    So instead of Agatha_HoldCorner_1
    I changed it to AgathaHoldCorner1

So I decided I should actually put some proper AI functionality into my map, rather than what I currently have (which doesn’t really work properly anyway.

I tried to look for tutorials on getting AI to work in the maps using AOC Hive Brain nodes like in the official maps, but could not find anything strangely enough.

So I decided I would study stoneshill and other official maps to see how it is done.

I create an AOCAINavPoint in my map with the properties as shown in the image below:

Inside of Kismet, I created a new sequence dedicated to AI pathing.
    Inside of this sequence looks like this (Also shows properties for “Remove Label from AI Group”)

The “Set Hive Brain’s Group Distribution” Node for Agatha has the following settings:
    TEAM: EFAC_AGATHA (EFAC_MASON for Masons)
    GROUP NAMES: Defenders (Attackers for Masons)
    GROUP PROPORTIONS: 1.000000

The “Add Label to AI Group” settings are:
    GROUP NAME: Defenders (Attackers for Masons)
    LABEL NAME: Agatha_HoldCorner_1 (Mason_PushRam_1 for Masons)
    PRIORITY: 100

The “Set AI Group Properties” settings are:
    GROUP NAME: Defenders (Attackers for Masons)
    GROUP PROPERTIES: I left these at default.

The “Set AI Label Properties” settings are:
    LABEL NAME: Agatha_HoldCorner_1 (Mason_PushRam_1 for Masons)
    LABEL PROPERTIES:

• Random Target Distribution = off
    • Always Assign ADifferent Target = off
    • Interruptable = on
    • Attack Move = on
    • f Attack Move Distance = 5000
    • Reinforcement Label = DefaultReinforcement
    • Max Reinforcement Bonus = 10.000000
    • Reinforcement Modifier = 1.000000

I build the AI navigation, I then click Play, and the AI does it’s usual run around on the spot, moonwalking and doing other silly things like running after their own spawn points, then when the round actually starts, only 1 bot spawns for every spawn point, and they don’t do anything, they just stand still.

I thought I would copy and paste the kismet from stones hill, cutting out parts of kismet that were not needed, and yet the same thing occurs, I just can’t seem to get the bots to do anything.

I should also mention that the spawn point properties are as shown in the picture below:

Is there something in World Properties that I am missing? Is there another Node that I need to add? Is there an extra sequence that I can check out in StonesHill that might help me?

The only thing I can possibly think of is that I don’t have a label called “_Legacy”.
    Thanks in advance.

• It is all sorted now. I was using an underscore _ in my naming convention.

So if anybody else has issues, don’t use underscores :P

• seems to be case sensitive btw

• glad it works

btw, omg fuuuha, I didn’t know it’s so difucult with AI
    I have to hurry up like hell with my map xD

I thought that just addding “apples” would be suficient and then to rebuild paths
    so I lived in false peace so far

time for nervous AHHHH DEADLINEEEE……

• Hahaha i just spent 6 hours of hotel evens pasting repasting my std set of bot kismets nodes and then an hour of apple laying…. now i will need to tweak apples after play tests at home

• What is AI? xD

• @KingJoff:

What is AI? xD

bots or Artificial Intelligence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G92R00oZJ4Q&index=11&list=PLTvnj29_ZQicRj8NB1rN8tvkLNSIe1v_p

I will make just this basic and when I will have time at some point and will learn how to do more PRO like you Otreum or MassiveChaos
    I will enhance then

have searched forums little and someone was asking about this and Devs said that maybe they should change criteria to basic pathing instead fully functional AI cuz it would be discouraging criteria

• I mean, i just havent care about AI yet.^^
    I also looked at stoneshill tryin to understand: So you use AINavPoints to sent a group of AI dudes there and set their behavior if they should attack everyone on their way etc. You can also focus them on something, like the king or push-object.

But what about priority: i saw 1, 20, 50, 100. Is 50 more important than 20?
    And why do the AINavPoints have priority?

• Well those numbers behave differentky depening on others setting u have to play around a but really

• Hahaha, I wouldn’t call my work pro, have you seen my kismet stuff MiPu? I have a tonne of stuff to learn compared to some Kismet’s I have seen out there on the interwebz lol

I haven’t used UDK for long, about 3 months since I started working on my map. I am far from Pro :P But thanks for the compliment!

The AI is very discouraging and I don’t think should be part of judging criteria, mine and other people’s maps have very complex, innovative features which the AI just plain and simple cannot do without some heavy scripting work(re-programming the AI), and animation work in some cases.

Regardless of what I think though, it IS part of the contest, and part of the judging criteria, I think if we just do our best to TRY and make it work, that should be enough lol.

I don’t even know if the AI can even use the battering ram yet, can they?

Also, MiPu, the priority helps AI determine which AINavPoint is the more important one to run to.
    Killing peasants as part of an objective would have a priority of 100, because that is most important, where as blocking off a flanking opportunity from the enemy would have a lower priority of say…20 or 40.

• ‘’'have you seen my kismet stuff MiPu?"

well, I have seen one spaghetti screen in yr WIP :D
    will check map aswell soon,
    looks great and fitting expansion Barbarian Invasion very well :)

" I think if we just do our best to TRY and make it work, that should be enough lol."

jeah sure do it best you can I will try aswell

at first will do just basic
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/18789-Chivalry-Medieval-Warfare-Map-Contest-25K-in-prizes!?p=212396&viewfull=1#post212396

and at some point I will try those AINavPoints, thanks for pointers :)

though I have no idea how I will learn bots to ride my boats xD

hopefully IF WARSAW or someone similar liked my map, they would make some Mod with clever bots :D

btw
    **“I don’t even know if the AI can even use the battering ram yet, can they?”

you are right they are dumb :D
    as far as I know not even in offcial TB maps,
    they can’t

• I’m glad you showed me that thread! :)

And yeah, I hear you, the boats at the end of my map, the AI apparently ride them…sort of ok, they even use the Ballista’s on the top deck of the spawn boats, but they also think it is fun to dive off :P

• @Otreum:

I’m glad you showed me that thread! :)

no problem,
    if you have finished your map and have time for it you can’t make any harm with OP bots,
    though if there is really anything besides AI that needs to be done prioritize that :)

@Otreum:

And yeah, I hear you, the boats at the end of my map, the AI apparently ride them…sort of ok, they even use the Ballista’s on the top deck of the spawn boats, but they also think it is fun to dive off :P

awww maaan :D
    I’ve checked your screens and WIP just really briefly and I saw some boats there,
    though I supposed them to be just some decoration on river that time,

but this sounds like another NAVAL MAP!
    THANK YOU, ADMIRAL!
    Looking forward to it :) !

• Argh i should add a 4th objective of a sea battle on my map and join your group :D
    Aye!

• @KingJoff:

Argh i should add a 4th objective of a sea battle on my map and join your group :D
    Aye!

I know you are probably joking but your harbour in Cornharbor is cute
    I wouldn’t object if you had really done that 4th bonus objective :D

• The boats in my map serve as Agathan spawns as part of an Agathan Captains attempt to counter-attack the Masons at the docks.
    It’s difficult to make 16 players seem like much more than 16 with naval boats without it seeming a bit boring, but that’s what play-testing is for.

I am not too fussed if the AI are stupid at that point, it won’t matter too much, it’s just when the Agathan Captain spawns, sometimes he just runs off the boat and Masons win :P

• @Otreum:

it’s just when the Agathan Captain spawns, sometimes he just runs off the boat and Masons win :P

ahh ok then :D

if AI is a part of TO that’s another story (like Outpost e.g.)
    I rely on human players only in my map fortunately

• Which I think is fine really. I don’t care much for bots.
    I think I played Stones Hill with bots once when I first played chivalry, before I figured I may aswell just jump online and play instead.

And then played with bots once I started working on my map and working on AI. Other than that, I would say that we shouldn’t worry about adjusting our maps so that the bots can run around, players matter, bots don’t.