Stamina and Mouse dragging.

• For those who don’t know what Mouse dragging is, it is when you execute an attack and move your cursor so that you manipulate the timing and location of the attack.

First the problem with stamina is, that you don’t loose any stamina when you successfully hit a player whether or not they are blocking. Which is unrealistic and ludicrous, in real life you can’t cut down twenty guys surrounding you and then keep sprinting forward, but you can in this game. So the simple fix for these issues is, you loose stamina when you attack, instead of only loosing it when you miss or hit a wall.

Now the issue with mouse dragging can also be fixed with stamina. When you are swinging your weapon, you use your body and stamina to swing it, the more manipulation you do with your weapon you do, the more stamina you would use.
    So when you swing, some game mechanic will detect how much mouse movement you do, and that will make the attack cost more and more stamina.

If these mechanics could be patched, i would still mean that players can still do combos and mouse dragging, but i would just be a lot more costly to do so, which will befitting since these are rather effective when you know how to do it.

• pls no stamina managerino 2014

• God no. Stamina nerfs are the worst.*

*except for nerfing archers and MAA

• Dragging is not an issue or something that needs to be patched, it is one of the main features of the game. If this suggestion were to be implemented it would shift the focus of the game almost entirely to stamina management.

• @Cerebral:

Dragging is not an issue or something that needs to be patched, it is one of the main features of the game. If this suggestion were to be implemented it would shift the focus of the game almost entirely to stamina management.

no stam fights are fun

• I’m curious about which attack OP thinks would consume more stam:
    A) Acceleration drag
    B) Delay drag

More applied mouse control = more stamina consumed is not a very clear formula.

I, for one, think this is a non issue. Chiv is already quite “realistic” in a sense and this allows for a good balance between offensive and defensive styles. Any player knows that fighting multiple enemies is always risky, more so if the opponents have a similar skill level. Vs 3, 4 or 5, …, n, the chances of survival are exponentially slimmer.
    If you face multiple enemies you’ll probably have to rely on both attack and defense, CFTP, parry into parry, comboing, etc. You will probably miss a swing too.

All the above moves deplete your stamina, no matter if you’re a KN, Van or MaA. So why would you want skilled fighters to have an even slimmer chance and less tools for showing their skill?

• This post is deleted!

• This is not a irl sword fight simulator, wrong game

How about you git gud so you don’t get owned by drags

• @ashvins:

How about you git gud so you don’t get owned by drags

^ this

/thread

• Some drags you barely even have to move the mouse if you start it right, the delayed ones in particular. As you fight better opponents you need to start moving the mouse more to throw them off. No, leave it as is.

• This idea is the wurst. As in it’s a big, smelly sausage.

• @ARGH:

This idea is the wurst. As in it’s a big, smelly sausage.

+1‎

• @Toll:

Some drags you barely even have to move the mouse if you start it right, the delayed ones in particular. As you fight better opponents you need to start moving the mouse more to throw them off. No, leave it as is.

Sometimes the less you move the mouse, the harder it is to read that it’s actually a delay.

• @Karnork:

For those who don’t know what Mouse dragging is, it is when you execute an attack and move your cursor so that you manipulate the timing and location of the attack.

First the problem with stamina is, that you don’t loose any stamina when you successfully hit a player whether or not they are blocking. Which is unrealistic and ludicrous, in real life you can’t cut down twenty guys surrounding you and then keep sprinting forward, but you can in this game. So the simple fix for these issues is, you loose stamina when you attack, instead of only loosing it when you miss or hit a wall.

Now the issue with mouse dragging can also be fixed with stamina. When you are swinging your weapon, you use your body and stamina to swing it, the more manipulation you do with your weapon you do, the more stamina you would use.
    So when you swing, some game mechanic will detect how much mouse movement you do, and that will make the attack cost more and more stamina.

If these mechanics could be patched, i would still mean that players can still do combos and mouse dragging, but i would just be a lot more costly to do so, which will befitting since these are rather effective when you know how to do it.

Fucking hate these shit 10 hour players who come on here and create an account just to post balls like this.

B…but WEALISM. IN WEAL LIFE YOU CANT DO SUCH THINGS, IS TOO UNWEALISTIC

Shut up, piss off

• Nicest. Community. Ever.

Love you elitists just shitting all over players who try to give feedback based on their experiences and opinions. Well done!

Just increase the stamina drain on the Greatsword so these “highskilled” vanguards have to stop running around like fucking idiots wildly swinging their penis extensions around and we’re golden.

• Look at all the “skilled” players crying when you’re talking about drags, accelerated overhead, back overhead and shit.

ERMERGED MORE STAMINA WHEN DRAGGING ? WTF NUB ??
    INERTIA TAKING INTO ACCOUNT SO LESS DAMAGE IS DONE AT THE BEGINNING AND THE END OF THE ATTACK ?? GIT GUD L2P

Seriously though, try at least to consider some other ideas…

TheUndiying, you just described so well “highskilled” vanguards ♥

• They won’t. Anything that doesn’t fit into THEIR vision of the game and that might need them to adapt to new circumstances or which could possibly cripple their ivory tower won’t even be considered.

The idea itself is not bad at all, just would need some tweaking so we don’t end up with hords of people constantly being out of stamina.
    I’d prefer less, but better calculated strikes over the massive combospam I’m seeing these days. :P Not saying to completely remove them but a small reduction wouldn’t kill anyone. But well…thank god the imbalance counsel was cancelled.

• IMO, a slight stamina nerf is needed to avoid spamtards with big swords and maybe maa dodging all around the map, but the best thing would be to see a real inertia system.
    The extreme beginning of a swing or an overhead should NOT deal the same amount of damage than the middle of the attack. Same for the end.
    I know this game is not a simulation, but come on guys, this is common sense…

• Veteran circlejerk vs newbie circlejerk.

Top lel.

• Well, I got the game since it was released in late 2012, I’m an old newbie !

Btw, why do you assume all players who want to see some changes in game mechanics are noobs ?

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.