A suggestion

• Hey, im writting this becouse of 2 things. Vanguards and Knights. I returned to Chivalry after two or three months and after playing some All for All matches and Team Deathmatch, i then got back to the duel servers. Imagine my suprise when i picked my MaA and fought against a Vanguard and found he was unkillable (if the vanguard was too newbie then i could kill him). As they all play with the Zweihänder and they do only spam horizontal slashes so i could only block em till my stamina gets empty and they 1 hit KO me. But this its not the worst part at all. The Zweihänder its supposed to have a 19% speed. Yeah but my Hatchet its supposed to have a 87% speed and the vertical slash of zweinhänder is faster than my hatchet horizontal/vertical slash. Ah, and ofc, the vertical slash one hits me and my horizontal slash just make em laught.

On the other side, Knights. This is, in my opinion the OP’est class of the game. Why? simple reasons: they got weapons that one hit ko a MaA or Archer, like the messer. OK the messer its supposed to have 42% speed but the vertical slash is again faster than any other atack of even my dagger, and of course the damage inflicted by my dagger its ridiculous compared to the one dealt by the messer. I did hit 7 times a Knight in a Duel, almost spamming, all consecutive hits with the Cudge and did not kill him. He just slash his weapon and 1HKO me. His armor make him UNKILLABLE for a MaA. This and the capability of being spamming you slashes till ur stamina drains out and one hit ko you make them the OP’est class of the game.

My suggestion its obvious. Please, think a little bit, as they all are humans, MaA, Archers,Vanguards and Knights. Isn’t it logical thinking, the heavier the armor is, the slower they move/attack AND the faster they got tired? So please nerf the stamina of Knights and Vanguards as they do hit every single slash becouse of the range of their weapons compared to MaA weapon range.

This just make all those people who like playing MaA or Archers have to play Knights or Vanguards at Duel Servers and, at least for me, they’re boring and i feel dirty playing with an OP class if i got paired in the pool with a MaA or an Archer.

I have been fixed the text over and over while i was writting it so there must be things that sound weird or that doesn’t fit together. Sorry bout that

• haha.

No srsly.

HAHAHAHAHA.

TL;DR
    1. Knight OP
    2. Can’t play archer in duel server bcoz OP knight.
    3. Playing knight feels cheap against MAA, bcoz too easy for the knight.
    4. Dagger needs more hits to kill a knight than messer needs to kill an archer, therefore knight OP.
    5. Stamina nerf for the knight and vanguard bcoz OP.

• Oh come on, OP is obviously a new player, no need to act like a prick. He’s even calling overheads “vertical slashes” ffs.

@TornBann-erUnfits:

i picked my MaA and fought against a Vanguard and found he was unkillable (if the vanguard was too newbie then i could kill him). As they all play with the Zweihänder and they do only spam horizontal slashes so i could only block em till my stamina gets empty and they 1 hit KO me.

Look, don’t trust the stats you see when you pick your class. Iirc, the value of Speed corresponds to regular LMB swings, but each attack type has different speeds or timings. Reach is for stabs, Damage for Overheads and stamina from… a missed swing I guess.

If they keep swinging at you with regular swings, just duck and look down and counter attack as soon as the enemy sword passes over your crouching figure. Or try to parry in close range and riposte into an overhead. The hatchet is not exactly the most noob friendly weapon, so if you plan on maining MaA, check out swords and see if they feel more comfortable.

Anyway, from reading your post it seems to me you’re not using the MaA correctly and that you are unaware of several techniques which should allow you to compensate for the MaA’s lack of armor/health. The nerfs you propose come from a lack of experience. I suggest you go over to the Tutorials section and watch some vids. Sharantil, Hexxen, Moepork and others have uploaded pretty cool guides you can find on YouTube.

MaAs can be quite a nightmare, even for experienced players, but it’s also one of the hardest classes to master, due to their low health and short range.

In general,
    Noob V/K > Noob MaA
    MaA (with 100+ hours) > Noob V/K
    MaA (with 100+ hours) > V/K (with 100+ hours)

• Imo 2 types of pub games exist. You have players that only play T/O or team based modes, even some ffa’s. Most them
    perceive the Archers, maa,s and Vans to be the op classes as Do I. Duels are a different thing all together tbh.
    This op claims Knights are the most op as are vans. On the Pub t/o games with the micro attacks of lag as you
    fight archers, maa’s and vans get even more of an advantage as I noted they recover faster if we both freeze
    up slightly in a fight. Duel might actually be a much less laggy game hence the knights are not hampered by
    out of snyc lag spikes during fights as not many players are on a duel server. Just my opinion as a Pub only
    Knight in T/O or some ffa’s. I would guess duel servers are more in sync and less laggy with less players.

• Don’t forget that as a MAA you have access to weapons with some awesome stab speeds. Use these to your advantage to flinch vanguards and knights in their windups to gain the initiative in a duel.

You might not be able to get awesome 1 hit kills on knights and vanguards, but you can dodge in and out of combat whenever you want to avoid being hit. Hit them a few times, then back off. They’ll swing at the air for a while hoping to bait you back in. Once they stop their combo jump back in and finish them off.

• Obviously nerf knight, most OP class in the game.

• wtf is happening

• @Alphonse:

Oh come on, OP is obviously a new player, no need to act like a prick. He’s even calling overheads “vertical slashes” ffs.

New player or not. Bringing the archer to the duel server then complaining about HTK of a dagger vs messer and calling for a nerf on that basis is against any common sense and needs to be viciously bashed.

We are responsible for teh new Chivalry generations man.

• another ‘‘git gud’’ thread. This one really takes the cake factory

• @Silu:

TL;DR
    1. Knight OP
    2. Can’t play archer in duel server bcoz OP knight.
    3. Playing knight feels cheap against MAA, bcoz too easy for the knight.
    4. Dagger needs more hits to kill a knight than messer needs to kill an archer, therefore knight OP.
    5. Stamina nerf for the knight and vanguard bcoz OP.

• OP, at the end of the day it all comes down to how skilled you are. If your opponent is a zweihander vanguard only using LMB every time… you can either duck under his swing so he misses (by holding CTRL and looking down) or you can just parry then riposte overhead with your hatchet (if you are close). A riposte is when you attack right after you parry, and you will immediately attack.

here’s a video of a skilled player duel with the short sword as archer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCt08fAChDU

• @rumpelstiltskin:

you son of a bitch!

• What’s up with that guy in that pic, who is he and why is he relevant?

• @B4RK:

What’s up with that guy in that pic, who is he and why is he relevant?

its clayton from his stream haha, friendly disrespect

• @B4RK:

What’s up with that guy in that pic, who is he and why is he relevant?

thats clayton wanking off during a stream, doh.

• Oh
    I better ketchup with the trends these days

• I went to a duel server, with most people rank 30s, a few 40s, and one lvl 50. I played as knight first round 10-2. I then went to MAA 10-0 ,its not fun, just dodge stab, dodge to side slash,etc….dodge,dodge, and more dodge. They were all the same people except for a few, though none of the good players left. Also, this was quiet recently, last night, so… I am not exactly sure why you think knight is op. Plus, your point four I hope your joking about, as well as all of them now that I think about it.

Sorry Silu, Lamafafapomp :P

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.