Suggestion regarding combat system mechanics.

• I want to keep this as short and simple as possible. I like the game, but I think that the combat system lacks an intuitive flow. I have owned this game for the past 8 months and I only play it about once every 2 months.

I want you guys to consider making it so that players can delay a swing by holding down the lmb instead of having to go to the keyboard for feints, it is too distracting and it wastes stamina too quickly. To commit to the attack/ready the strike would make it a lot easier to line up and time critical attacks. Something would have to be done about vertical strikes. I was thinking that perhaps if vertical movements could work in this way if mousewheel up was used to raise the weapon, and mousewheel down was used to take the swing, and stab could be bound to mousewheel click instead.

The game-play is cool as is, but the combat just doesn’t have that flow that I hoped it would. As it stands I can only tolerate this game for a maximum of about 30 minutes in deathmatch.

Dueling is a little more fun because I don’t have to worry about getting randomed as much.

• You can feint with rmb. Who even uses q?

Queers. The answer is the queers.

• Is this real life?

How to answer the OP….i can’t compute

• Trust me, as a guy with 1800 hours in this game, I can tell you’re just not used to the game. Do you even know what a riposte is?

:P

Try learning the mechanics instead of blindly trying to fumble through them. There is a lot of depth in this game’s combat system.

• It’s not a bad idea, but there’s no way it could get squeezed into the current game.

• so you want people to be able to hold up their attack at the end of the windup? i think that would make stabs a nightmare considering some weapons are long enough to start inside your opponent if you are next to them at that point in the animation

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.