Fix's the MAA's walk/sprint speeds so that they use a bit more footwork like the rest

• MAA’s are anti fun to fight against. They easily out spam you every single time because they are so rediculously fast and on top of that they have a dodge they can use with their already absurdly fast walking speeds.

Make the MAA’s more fun and make more skillbased ( footwork, timing, range management) instead of a dodgebased class that kills all form of effort needed to play this with alot of succes.

This in combination with an already powerfull setup should make the MAA more skillbased.

Even though I dont know if the numbers below are the best solution it would be a good to start analyzing these numbers.

@Camponês:

I think what makes fighting against MAA so frustrating is that they have as much range (or more) as other classes (even 2h weapons users), due to their high speed/accel, and at the same time they negate their opponent’s range by dodging.

Actually, if you look at the classes attributes it becomes pretty obvious that the classes’ speed/acceleration rates still need to be fine tuned.

MAA:

GroundSpeed=210
        AccelRate=700.0
        BACK_MODIFY=0.85
        STRAFE_MODIFY=0.9
        MaxSprintSpeedTime=2

Archer:

GroundSpeed=200
        AccelRate=600.0
        BACK_MODIFY=0.8
        STRAFE_MODIFY=0.8
        MaxSprintSpeedTime=3.5

Vanguard:

GroundSpeed=190
        AccelRate=500.0
        BACK_MODIFY=0.8
        STRAFE_MODIFY=0.85
        MaxSprintSpeedTime=3.5

Knight:

GroundSpeed=180
        AccelRate=400.0
        BACK_MODIFY=0.8
        STRAFE_MODIFY=0.85
        MaxSprintSpeedTime=4

Don’t these Speed/Acceleration stats look… quite arbitrary? What’s with the increments of 10 and 100 ?

But the most jarring thing is the MaxSprintSpeedTime, which is basically the time the character takes to reach max speed. When you play as other classes (the knight, specially), you really need to use footwork to get the maximum reach of your weapon. But MAA’s accelerate so fast that they are basically always sprinting at max speed (and thus always have maximum reach).

And why did they give MAA an extra 5% back/strafe speed bonus on top of their already high back/strafe speed? It makes their backpedal speed about the same as the knights’ walking speed…

One way to try to balance MAA without tampering with the dodge would be to change his stats to something like this:

GroundSpeed=205
        AccelRate=650.0
        BACK_MODIFY=0.8
        STRAFE_MODIFY=0.85
        MaxSprintSpeedTime=3

It would be a very minor nerf: the MAA would still have more speed/acceleration than other classes, but they would have a slightly reduced reach and it would make it harder for them to get to the “facehugging” distance to perform accelerated attacks. It also removes the redundant backpedalling bonus.

• maa is fine

• i summon edmund to this thread so he can defend maa

• maa is fine

^^^^^^^^^^

• “MAA is fine bandwagon” hop on mongols. How can you call yourself competitive and say that nonsense.

I’m not playing until they get nerfed. No reason to play any other class except MUH MAA’S.

• @Sophax:

“MAA is fine bandwagon” hop on mongols. How can you call yourself competitive and say that nonsense.

I’m not playing until they get nerfed. No reason to play any other class except MUH MAA’S.

maas arent a problem cus we have the best maas in lions

• @CRUSHED:

maas arent a problem cus we have the best maas in lions

archers are fine too

• I don’t want to win because I rely on OP stuff. I want to win on an even ground because I outskill my opponent.

If you don’t understand that then you’re a spineless loser.

• I’m not playing until they get nerfed. No reason to play any other class except MUH MAA’S.

lol what a child. Just send a vanguard after a MAA and they get fucked. Especially with spears and polearms. MAA can’t dodge out of those because of the long releases.

• MAA is fine because I don’t want to put effort into videogames.

I jest.

• @Flippy:

lol what a child. Just send a vanguard after a MAA and they get fucked. Especially with spears and polearms. MAA can’t dodge out of those because of the long releases.

Whats childish about not playing a game I don’t enjoy anymore?

• Whats childish about not playing a game I don’t enjoy anymore?

It’s childish because instead of trying to better the MAA you’re just giving up. If you’re that mad about MAA, try going vanguard with a spear or polearm in a scrim. MAA will be your breakfast.

• @Flippy:

It’s childish because instead of trying to better the MAA you’re just giving up. If you’re that mad about MAA, try going vanguard with a spear or polearm in a scrim. MAA will be your breakfast.

Chivalry: Medieval Rock Paper Scissors.

• @Flippy:

We have a fundamental dissagreement on what you perceive to be fair.

Besides this is a game not some grand endeavour to achieve something in this world. If I am not enjoying this game then playing it is a waste of time.

• Git gud

0/10 fucks given

• MAA will get nerfed, calm your tits…

• @ashvins:

MAA will get nerfed, calm your tits…

Sources prease.

• Another thread really, did i destroyed you with maa in my sleep ? why so mad, fix feint on broad etc and maa are so easy to deal with.

instead of a dodgebased class that kills all form of effort needed to play this with alot of succes.

Dodging correctly on the side take skills dude, you need timing and very good mouse control to side dodge stab and overhead and then counter, it takes so much skill that crushed can’t do it dude after ~600hours of maa only.

• @Sophax:

Sources prease.

Sources? Where’s your faith in Torn banner?

You need Jesus.

• @Sophax:

MAA’s are anti fun to fight against. They easily out spam you every single time because they are so rediculously fast and on top of that they have a dodge they can use with their already absurdly fast walking speeds.

Make the MAA’s more fun and make more skillbased ( footwork, timing, range management) instead of a dodgebased class that kills all form of effort needed to play this with alot of succes.

This in combination with an already powerfull setup should make the MAA more skillbased.

Even though I dont know if the numbers below are the best solution it would be a good to start analyzing these numbers.

Why do you keep qq-ing about MaA? They are fine as is.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.